SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 23
(Round 8, Fight 2)
Live, from Hoth
, it's Saturday Night!
Tonight's Guest Stars are Super Skrull (Kl'rt)
's visiting Vindicators
for Comic Clint
's home Clint's Cavalry
. Clint's elected to use his Possession Card
, giving the Main Man a shard of Eclipso's black diamond and that goes with it.
Clint's used his home team advantage to bring the tournament back to the ice world Hoth
. So grab your parkas and snow shoes, folks, it's time to get this ice festival underway...
(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)
Visiting Team: The VindicatorsEnvironment: Timewarp: The Battle of Hoth
Manager: Ghost (2–0–1–0–3)
Fighter: Super Skrull (Kl'rt)VS.Home Team: Clint's Cavalry
Manager: Comic Clint (1–1-0–0–3)
Fighter: Lobo (Possessed)
Long Ago, In a Galaxy Far, Far Away…
You and your opponent are whisked through time and space and are deposited on the ice planet Hoth
. You each arrive in a different region of the planet.
At the time of your arrival, the Galactic Empire's Imperial Fleet has just entered orbit around the planet. You can expect the Battle of Hoth
to be waged while you and your opponent are engaged in your own struggle. The fight takes place over the course of 24 hours.
The entire planet is in play, so it's possible that your battle may intersect with the fight between the Rebel alliance and the Empire before the day is out.
NOTE: There are 2 links for this environment, one describing Hoth
and the other giving specifics of the battle
* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.
* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.
As a reminder, here are the voting rules
:* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.
* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.
-----------------------------------------------SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live