Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins in the City of the Incas? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Corruptor (Jackson Day) 4 33%
Mandarin 8 66%

SHS 1, Fight 24 - Corruptor vs Mandarin in Machu Picchu Options
Peacefuldragon
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:57:06 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
Wow! 3-0 already? Poor Icky didn't even have a chance to post a rationale yet. So, what convinced you guys already that Mandy would take this fight?

My psycho a$$hole stalker who's been dogging me all the way through the tourney will make sure that I'm at least two votes behind. He got carried away and showed too much of his hand in one of my previous matches. Even though I was wise to him from the start. Weak-minded individuals are always easy to predict. The first correct PM to guess his ID will get a prize of my choosing. Tongue
Big Hug

If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:06:38 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
Wow! 3-0 already? Poor Icky didn't even have a chance to post a rationale yet. So, what convinced you guys already that Mandy would take this fight?

My psycho a$$hole stalker who's been dogging me all the way through the tourney will make sure that I'm at least two votes behind. He got carried away and showed too much of his hand in one of my previous matches. Even though I was wise to him from the start. Weak-minded individuals are always easy to predict. The first correct PM to guess his ID will get a prize of my choosing. Tongue
Big Hug

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing Laughing Laughing Loser

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:12:58 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

BurningDoom wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
No offense to Doom but I think Mandarin is powerful character who just doesn't know how or when to use that power in a way that makes him a major threat. He could have an additional 10 rings on his toes and I still think he'd get beat by some of the weakest dudes and dudettes out there.

So Iron Man and Fin Fang Foom are some of the weakest dudes out there? Ummm, by who's definition? Iron Man is one of the biggest heroes in the Marvel Universe, and Mandarin has defeated him on multiple occassions. Fin Fang Foom is a being of immense and ancient power, and the Mandarin controls Fin Fang Foom, as I pointed out earlier.

Through all of this, I don't see how Corruptor can:

A. Touch Mandarin to influence him.

B. Escape poison gas as the air around him is turned to it.

C. Escape a stone imprisonment as Mandarin solidifies the poison gas around Corruptor and Corruptor is helpless because he's busy choking to death on poison gas.

This is all assuming Mandy finds Corruptor instantly and Corruptor is helpless to prevent it? The answers to both A and B = teleportation, and C, incidentally. Have you ever seen Mandy using all 10 rings at once? I haven't. It seems like if he doesn't nail Corruptor with his first shot, he is toast. Because he will announce his position, and Corruptor will zap him with eye blast and/or teleport to him and touch him, rendering under control. Subdued.

comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:16:46 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

I'm wondering why the wiki doesn't show corruptor with either of those powers (teleportation and eye blasts).

I am wondering if those powers were a kinda story specific thing that he no longer has.
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:21:16 PM

BurningDoom wrote:

The satellite is part of his "normal" arsenal according to the Marvel Wiki. And he doesn't have to take the Satellite with him to use it.

But regardless of the satellite, come on. Eye lasers vs. energy blasts, gravity fields, fire blasts, ice blasts, AND miniature black holes. Mandarin no doubt has triple the firepower that Corruptor has. Does anyone here actually believe that Corruptor stands a chance of out-gunning Mandarin here?

That's nonsense Doom, and you know it. Show me an instance of this being part of his usual armoury going into battle. As I said, if that was allowed into the match then I can say Corruptor usually commands an army of hundreds with hi-tech weaponry. Is it okay if I bring them in and just one of them from a sniper's position shoots Mandy out of the sky? as my Iron Man page showed, he is extremely vulnerable to being wounded.

icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:23:58 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
I'm wondering why the wiki doesn't show corruptor with either of those powers (teleportation and eye blasts).

I am wondering if those powers were a kinda story specific thing that he no longer has.

Are you seriously expecting a wiki to be accurate and comprehensive? When any person can log in and edit things on there? There's much more credibility in the printed comic page.

icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:25:33 PM

icarus201 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:

Are you seriously expecting a wiki to be accurate and comprehensive? When any person can log in and edit things on there? There's much more credibility in the printed comic page.

This ain't DC, where they completely re-write history every few years.

comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:38:40 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

icarus201 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:

well, I have lost a coupla fights based, at least partly, on ukblueky totally just taking a line from a wiki and ignoring the entire rest of a characters' history. So, yeah, a lot of voters do exactly this.

remember when Jack Hawksmoor could be defeated by John Stewart knocking down a couple abandoned buildings and when Superboy could absorb quasar's quantum energy?
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:22:07 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:

well, I have lost a coupla fights based, at least partly, on ukblueky totally just taking a line from a wiki and ignoring the entire rest of a characters' history. So, yeah, a lot of voters do exactly this.

remember when Jack Hawksmoor could be defeated by John Stewart knocking down a couple abandoned buildings and when Superboy could absorb quasar's quantum energy?

Probably down to tactical voting. I thought Quasar would be one of the hardest to beat in this competition.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:13:17 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

icarus201 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
No offense to Doom but I think Mandarin is powerful character who just doesn't know how or when to use that power in a way that makes him a major threat. He could have an additional 10 rings on his toes and I still think he'd get beat by some of the weakest dudes and dudettes out there.

So Iron Man and Fin Fang Foom are some of the weakest dudes out there? Ummm, by who's definition? Iron Man is one of the biggest heroes in the Marvel Universe, and Mandarin has defeated him on multiple occassions. Fin Fang Foom is a being of immense and ancient power, and the Mandarin controls Fin Fang Foom, as I pointed out earlier.

Through all of this, I don't see how Corruptor can:

A. Touch Mandarin to influence him.

B. Escape poison gas as the air around him is turned to it.

C. Escape a stone imprisonment as Mandarin solidifies the poison gas around Corruptor and Corruptor is helpless because he's busy choking to death on poison gas.

This is all assuming Mandy finds Corruptor instantly and Corruptor is helpless to prevent it? The answers to both A and B = teleportation, and C, incidentally. Have you ever seen Mandy using all 10 rings at once? I haven't. It seems like if he doesn't nail Corruptor with his first shot, he is toast. Because he will announce his position, and Corruptor will zap him with eye blast and/or teleport to him and touch him, rendering under control. Subdued.

He can't fly. He can't teleport anywhere on the ground where the poison gas won't be, unless he wants to go out of bounds and get disqualified. While on the other hand, the gas will get EVERYWHERE! Because that's the nature of gas.

And BTW: WHERE DOES IT SAY CORRUPTOR CAN TELEPORT?!

And why would Mandarin be toast after the first shot? He fires one shot and no more after that? He's not an idiot. Of course he's gonna keep on firing shots. And he's not trying to hide from Corruptor at all, he's in the middle of the air. There's no reason that giving his position up is gonna hinder him any. Again, some puny laser shots vs. Mandarin own laser blasts plus ice blasts, flame blasts, gravity fields, miniature black holes. The fire-power Mandarin is packing is overwhelmingly more powerful than some eye-beams.

That's assuming it even get's to that point. Because right now, Corruptor is in a stone prison that he's helpless to escape. Thanks to the use of Mandarin's Makluan Power Rings as mapped out in my original rationale.

Peacefuldragon
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:13:53 PM

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:

Big Hug

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing Laughing Laughing Loser
Big Hug

icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:17:19 PM

Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:

Big Hug

Big Hug

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing Laughing Laughing Loser

icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:25:52 PM

BurningDoom wrote:

What do you think is happening here?

BurningDoom wrote:
And why would Mandarin be toast after the first shot?

Because if he gets hit by one eye blast he's out cold. Are you now suggesting Mandy is invulnerable, or has any super strength?

BurningDoom wrote:
He fires one shot and no more after that? He's not an idiot. Of course he's gonna keep on firing shots. And he's not trying to hide from Corruptor at all, he's in the middle of the air. There's no reason that giving his position up is gonna hinder him any.

You've never seen Nightcrawler teleport into the air in any X-Men story? Corruptor will not be out of bounds. He'll teleport right to Mandy, and then one touch, and it's all over.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 5:43:51 PM

icarus201 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

What do you think is happening here?

BurningDoom wrote:
And why would Mandarin be toast after the first shot?

Because if he gets hit by one eye blast he's out cold. Are you now suggesting Mandy is invulnerable, or has any super strength?

BurningDoom wrote:
He fires one shot and no more after that? He's not an idiot. Of course he's gonna keep on firing shots. And he's not trying to hide from Corruptor at all, he's in the middle of the air. There's no reason that giving his position up is gonna hinder him any.

You've never seen Nightcrawler teleport into the air in any X-Men story? Corruptor will not be out of bounds. He'll teleport right to Mandy, and then one touch, and it's all over.

I see nowhere in the Marvel Wiki that says Corruptor can teleport, and all I see in that pic is him going into a cloud of smoke. Batman does that as well, but he doesn't disappear or teleport.

More to the point, is where is Corruptor going to go to to escape the poison gas? He teleports in the air...then falls?

Let's say Corruptor can teleport (which I see no evidence of). He teleports to the air and touches Mandarin. Mandarin just floats there like a zombie because he awaits a command from Corruptor who is either falling towards the Earth, or he has to teleport back down to the Earth where there's a giant cloud of poison gas awaiting him. He goes down either way.

I also want to point out that Mandarin has the Mento-Intensifier Ring:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Mandarin%27s_Rings wrote:
Mento-Intensifier Ring (Left Ring Finger): This ring magnifies the Mandarin’s psionic energies, allowing him to mentally manipulate the thoughts and actions of others.

So I don't think it's going to be as simple for the Corruptor anyways. It's gonna be a battle of wills. Which is something he's not gonna do with a glancing touch, anyways.

Peacefuldragon
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:44:28 PM

Shop at My Store

icarus201 wrote:
Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:

Big Hug

Big Hug

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing Laughing Laughing Loser
Big Hug Rolling on the Floor

The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:05:55 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Tactical voting is something I wont do. I also wont vote against someone in these games simply out of spite for some earlier dispute. Votes are intended to be for what character you think would have the best shot at winning after each manager pleads his/her case. Personally, I'm getting tired of people voting out of spite due to past disagreements or because they are sore losers. We're all adults, correct? All that crap takes the fun out of the games and wastes the time of those trying to enjoy it an win.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:11:19 PM

Congrats, Doom! Applause

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Peacefuldragon
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:21:01 AM

Shop at My Store

Crying

The_Ghost
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:40:31 AM

Looking forward to our next match, Doomsy. Cool

Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:13:21 AM

Thanks for the match!