Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins in the City of the Incas? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Corruptor (Jackson Day) 4 33%
Mandarin 8 66%

SHS 1, Fight 24 - Corruptor vs Mandarin in Machu Picchu Options
icarus201
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:34:38 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

BurningDoom wrote:
Thanks for the match!

I couldn't be here for the end. Had to go to work. But congrats on the win.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:48:41 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Best part of these games is that, after all the trash talk and our fighters beating the hell out of each other, at the end we're all back to being friends and shaking hands with our fellow nerds. Brings a tear to me eye. Crying Big Hug Blush

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
icarus201
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:49:22 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
Peacefuldragon wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
Wow! 3-0 already? Poor Icky didn't even have a chance to post a rationale yet. So, what convinced you guys already that Mandy would take this fight?

My psycho a$$hole stalker who's been dogging me all the way through the tourney will make sure that I'm at least two votes behind. He got carried away and showed too much of his hand in one of my previous matches. Even though I was wise to him from the start. Weak-minded individuals are always easy to predict. The first correct PM to guess his ID will get a prize of my choosing. Tongue
Big Hug

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing Laughing Laughing Loser
Big Hug

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing Laughing Laughing Loser
Big Hug Rolling on the Floor

Now to tie up a loose end...

I told you weak-minded individuals were easy to predict and manipulate. Thanks for falling into the trap and announcing yourself. Saves me the trouble of calling you out (again).

You see people, this is what I was talking about. This person has developed a weird obsession with me. Notice how he has no real interest in the competition, but only turns up to "comment" on my matches.

I'm flattered by the attention, PD - or should that be more appropriately, PeeWee (because you are a peculiar little individual)? But I don't roll that way. I'm straight, unfortunately for you.

Anyway, PeeWee - I wish you the best in your endeavours away from CCL, because as I told you before; you're not welcome here.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:52:51 PM

Groups: Member

Just a reminder that the good sportsmanship rules also apply to voters. Here is a link in case it was missed. http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=37632

The hosts are watching and if we feel someone is breaking these rules, which have been set up in the interest of the fairness of the game, we will take appropriate action.

Above all else we want *everyone* to have fun and if one bad apple attempts to ruin it for the bunch we aren't going to throw the basket out with the bunch. We'll simply dump the bad apple from the basket.

Moving on...
Fantastic battle, BurningDoom and Icarus201!!!
and Congrats BD! You guys offer some of the most entertaining fights. Keep up the great rationales!

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Peacefuldragon
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:05:15 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Yawn

If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:18:43 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

icarus201 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
I'm wondering why the wiki doesn't show corruptor with either of those powers (teleportation and eye blasts).

I am wondering if those powers were a kinda story specific thing that he no longer has.

Are you seriously expecting a wiki to be accurate and comprehensive? When any person can log in and edit things on there? There's much more credibility in the printed comic page.

well, I have lost a coupla fights based, at least partly, on ukblueky totally just taking a line from a wiki and ignoring the entire rest of a characters' history. So, yeah, a lot of voters do exactly this.

remember when Jack Hawksmoor could be defeated by John Stewart knocking down a couple abandoned buildings and when Superboy could absorb quasar's quantum energy?

Probably down to tactical voting. I thought Quasar would be one of the hardest to beat in this competition.

And who did YOU vote for then Mr. Carus?
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:41:54 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Not everyone has a scanner so we have to rely on WIKI and what we know of the characters.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation