Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins in the Guardians' Prison? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Metamorpho (Rex Mason) 7 46%
Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) 8 53%

SHS 1, Fight 29 - Wonder Girl Vs Metamorpho in a Sciencell on Oa Options
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 4:02:36 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
b0bafett wrote:
Also a woman of any average size with an athletic frame is going to weigh quite a bit more than 100 pounds, with 6'+ women in the WNBA hovering around 170lbs...and even then, those ladies look rather skinny compared to the full-figured and powerful Wonder Girl, lol.




It's in her bio. She weighs 114 pounds.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 4:04:25 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
Boba keeps trying to say that Wonder girl looks like venus Williams.


Not only can you see from EVERY ACTUAL COMIC IMAGE OF HER that she is a tiny thing.

Her actual DC wiki bio says she is 5 foot 5 and 114 pounds.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 4:08:29 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
This is unbelievable to me.


Two characters without powers. Both trained hand to hand combatants of about equal ability. Trapped in a tiny room together.

One is 6 feet 200 pounds. One is 5' 5'' and 114 pounds.


No fight in the history of these contests has ever been as clear cut as this one.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 4:27:53 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/24/2008
Posts: 476
Points: 1,428
Location: In my house
I don't know a lot about how either of these characters would fight without their powers, but there are two arguments that voters have been asked to consider.
1) one combatant has a couple of weapons that may not have been neutralized in the cell with her and is a trained fighter.
2) the male combatant is larger than the female.

Sorry but the size of Rex will not determine the outcome of any fight. Wonder Girl +1
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:14:01 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
Dreadnok01 wrote:
I don't know a lot about how either of these characters would fight without their powers, but there are two arguments that voters have been asked to consider.
1) one combatant has a couple of weapons that may not have been neutralized in the cell with her and is a trained fighter.
2) the male combatant is larger than the female.

Sorry but the size of Rex will not determine the outcome of any fight. Wonder Girl +1



Then what determines the outcome?


Sigh....I knew this was coming anyways.

Way to go boba! it was fun fighting it out.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:22:42 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
Dreadnok01 wrote:
I don't know a lot about how either of these characters would fight without their powers, but there are two arguments that voters have been asked to consider.
1) one combatant has a couple of weapons that may not have been neutralized in the cell with her and is a trained fighter.
2) the male combatant is larger than the female.

Sorry but the size of Rex will not determine the outcome of any fight. Wonder Girl +1




This has nothing to do with sex of the characters.


This has to do with size entirely.


And this is why.

Neither of these fighters have any powers whatsoever, or access to any powered thing. That is a fact. You may not want to believe it, but then there are still people who believe that giving rich people more money will somehow lead to people who aren't rich getting money too by some magical means and others who think George bush orchestrated 9-11, so i guess some people just believe anything you feed 'em.

Anyway, so, we have Rex and Cassie facing off in a room no bigger than the basic reach of each character.


And each character has advanced hand to hand training of pretty danged equal nature.


So.....equal fight right?

No, when all is equal...in an environment this size......the larger and more powerful wins. Its common sense. the fact that the biggetr and more powerful character happenbs to be the male one is just chance.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 5:42:08 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
Or, you could argue that these characters have their powers. in that case cassie is in a locked room full of anesthetizing gas.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:08:27 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/24/2008
Posts: 476
Points: 1,428
Location: In my house
comicuniversity wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
I don't know a lot about how either of these characters would fight without their powers, but there are two arguments that voters have been asked to consider.
1) one combatant has a couple of weapons that may not have been neutralized in the cell with her and is a trained fighter.
2) the male combatant is larger than the female.

Sorry but the size of Rex will not determine the outcome of any fight. Wonder Girl +1




This has nothing to do with sex of the characters.


This has to do with size entirely.


And this is why.

Neither of these fighters have any powers whatsoever, or access to any powered thing. That is a fact. You may not want to believe it, but then there are still people who believe that giving rich people more money will somehow lead to people who aren't rich getting money too by some magical means and others who think George bush orchestrated 9-11, so i guess some people just believe anything you feed 'em.

Anyway, so, we have Rex and Cassie facing off in a room no bigger than the basic reach of each character.


And each character has advanced hand to hand training of pretty danged equal nature.


So.....equal fight right?

No, when all is equal...in an environment this size......the larger and more powerful wins. Its common sense. the fact that the biggetr and more powerful character happenbs to be the male one is just chance.


Maybe this should have been your lead off rationale instead of "200 pound man against 100 Pound girl" I didn't vote for Wonder Girl because of some random conspiracy theory. I voted because unlike you bobafett actually tried to convince me that his character should win.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:40:48 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
Dreadnok01 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
I don't know a lot about how either of these characters would fight without their powers, but there are two arguments that voters have been asked to consider.
1) one combatant has a couple of weapons that may not have been neutralized in the cell with her and is a trained fighter.
2) the male combatant is larger than the female.

Sorry but the size of Rex will not determine the outcome of any fight. Wonder Girl +1




This has nothing to do with sex of the characters.


This has to do with size entirely.


And this is why.

Neither of these fighters have any powers whatsoever, or access to any powered thing. That is a fact. You may not want to believe it, but then there are still people who believe that giving rich people more money will somehow lead to people who aren't rich getting money too by some magical means and others who think George bush orchestrated 9-11, so i guess some people just believe anything you feed 'em.

Anyway, so, we have Rex and Cassie facing off in a room no bigger than the basic reach of each character.


And each character has advanced hand to hand training of pretty danged equal nature.


So.....equal fight right?

No, when all is equal...in an environment this size......the larger and more powerful wins. Its common sense. the fact that the biggetr and more powerful character happenbs to be the male one is just chance.


Maybe this should have been your lead off rationale instead of "200 pound man against 100 Pound girl" I didn't vote for Wonder Girl because of some random conspiracy theory. I voted because unlike you bobafett actually tried to convince me that his character should win.




This was my lead off rationale.

True. I didn't spell it out in such agonizing detail at first. but, I didn't anticipate for some reason that the super simple point of "Stronger beats weaker in a small confined place without powers" would be misconstrued as sexism by anybody.

In fact, i thought it would be insulting to peoples intelligence and lose me votes if I actually did spell it out so agonizingly. Obviously, judging by your reply, I shouldnta worried about that.


But, Like i've said before. I can't figure these things out. That being said, i won five fights this time. That beats my grand total combined from two other contests. So, i'm improving. And learned a lesson in thouroughness in this fight. Mebbe i'll win 6 or 7 next time. LOL.
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:00:33 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,447
Points: 4,623
I'm sorry but to say because someone is taller or ways alittle more that they will win the every time is stupid. Heck if you watch ufc you see little guys beating bigger guys. Also you still havn't proven that the weapons won't work.

You still havn't shown a image of a prisoner having a weapon in there cell. You know as much as I do that there weapons are taken from them before being put into the cells. Where in this case Wonder girls weapons are transported with her into the cell hence giving her the advantage.

The issue is you won't find a image because you know deep down I'm right.
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:03:52 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,447
Points: 4,623
Quote:
So.....equal fight right?

No, when all is equal...in an environment this size......the larger and more powerful wins. Its common sense. the fact that the biggetr and more powerful character happenbs to be the male one is just chance.



Who says he is the more powerful one?

You still havn't proven that she isn't the stronger one. You have to remember Rex is a human, where Cass is a daughter of a God so I think she would be stronger.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:05:04 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
I have one issue in particular that prove it.

But, i can't find the images. There was an issue where OA was falling apart and the GLS banded together to butress the sciencells. But first all kinds of villains escaped them. All of them came out of their cells with, not only their weapons, but also their actual costumes on as well. So, they had 'em with them when they were intheir cells.

I remember others as well, as I'm sure other CClers do.

ah well. Doesnt matter. You got me beat at this point I would say boba. You still have a two point conversion card and we are at the high vote total for all the recent fights already and you got me by two anyways, so i'd have to find 4 hidden votes in the next hour. Unlikely.


Well done my friend. Fine use of the trade option with Cassie!
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:05:29 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,447
Points: 4,623
Either way this thing goes comicuniversity its been fun in thanks for the fun fight
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:06:50 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
So.....equal fight right?

No, when all is equal...in an environment this size......the larger and more powerful wins. Its common sense. the fact that the biggetr and more powerful character happenbs to be the male one is just chance.



Who says he is the more powerful one?

You still havn't proven that she isn't the stronger one. You have to remember Rex is a human, where Cass is a daughter of a God so I think she would be stronger.



But she would have NO powers. None. So this is boiled down to basic muscle mass and fighting skills. In the UFC, like you mentioned, you see smaller guys win...but that's because they are better fighters. I admit Cassie is a skilled fighter. But Rex has been trained by Batman among others. So they are of equal skill, i'd say. In that case bigger and more pwoerful wins.

Dont forget there is no room to maneuver. they are in a small confined place.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:08:03 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
b0bafett wrote:
Either way this thing goes comicuniversity its been fun in thanks for the fun fight



Same to you partner. Hopefully you run a team in the next one of these too.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:20:57 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
Well, dangit. I guess I'll fight it out a bit more afterall.



Alright, flash of light and Metamorpho and Wondergirl appear in a small green box the size of a prison cell.

Both of them, having extensive knowledge of the DCU kinda realize where they are. I mean.....it's glowing green. What else in the DCU glows green? ( I know. i know. Kryptonite, but that's pretty rare.

Anyways, rex swiftly turns to harmless air.

what? you say? How can he do this?

The sciencells are designed to hold CRIMINALS! These ain't criminals. In fact, the Green Lantern energy even recognizes these two as friendlies.


Cassie is mystified briefly by the dissapearance of rex. Then she (having knowledge of him ) figures out what happened. She tries to batter out of the cell quickly, but the green energy is too strong for her to accomplish that so quickly. Rex, changes from a harmless gas to a hramful one. He decides to turn the environment of the room into a highly caustic form of anesthetic....immediately KOing Cassie and claiming the fight.


Metamorpho +1


Too little too late?
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:28:04 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,447
Points: 4,623
Quote:
But she would have NO powers. None. So this is boiled down to basic muscle mass and fighting skills. In the UFC, like you mentioned, you see smaller guys win...but that's because they are better fighters. I admit Cassie is a skilled fighter. But Rex has been trained by Batman among others. So they are of equal skill, i'd say. In that case bigger and more pwoerful wins.

Dont forget there is no room to maneuver. they are in a small confined place.



She would still have her weapons.
ok Rex was trained by batman
Cass was train by wonder woman, she also train daily with super boy & other super hero's daily

You also keep saying Rex is the more powerful one in I disagree
Cass would be the more powerful one because she is a daughter of a God

Also Rex will be rusty since he is used to fightin with shape shifting not hand to hand where Cass fights Hand to hand daily
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:28:42 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,447
Points: 4,623
Quote:
Well, dangit. I guess I'll fight it out a bit more afterall.



Applause Applause
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:30:27 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,447
Points: 4,623
Quote:
The sciencells are designed to hold CRIMINALS! These ain't criminals. In fact, the Green Lantern energy even recognizes these two as friendlies.


Sorry won't work since the cells at one time held super boy prime if I remember right
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:30:34 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,267
Points: 4,576
b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
But she would have NO powers. None. So this is boiled down to basic muscle mass and fighting skills. In the UFC, like you mentioned, you see smaller guys win...but that's because they are better fighters. I admit Cassie is a skilled fighter. But Rex has been trained by Batman among others. So they are of equal skill, i'd say. In that case bigger and more pwoerful wins.

Dont forget there is no room to maneuver. they are in a small confined place.



She would still have her weapons.
ok Rex was trained by batman
Cass was train by wonder woman, she also train daily with super boy & other super hero's daily

You also keep saying Rex is the more powerful one in I disagree
Cass would be the more powerful one because she is a daughter of a God

Also Rex will be rusty since he is used to fightin with shape shifting not hand to hand where Cass fights Hand to hand daily



You keep mentioning the god-like strength. She wouldnt have that if you posit that the powers are neutralized. So, rex would be more powerful in that situation. that can't be argued.

I would say, that in the DCU, if you are gonna be trained as a hand to hand combatant by anyone, there are two places you would go first. Friggin' Batman or the Amazons. I am not arguing that Cassie wouldn't be a skilled fighter. I am merely pointing out that Rex is equally skilled.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.318 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231