Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
THANK YOU Options
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:59:28 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

If you are reading this message, my team has already been vanquished.Laughing

Well, this has been another fun and unpredictable contest. I won four straight defeating a couple of powerhouses along the way.

Then I got beat in ignominious fashion in three straight battles (one of them lost me TWO characters and 3 cards. Crap!), before getting one last victory against my early pick for winner (Flash and Icarus), before bowing out in the weirdest circumstance yet----Metamorpho vs. Wonder Girl. Do they have powers or not? Is Wonder Girl Venus Williams or reece Witherspoon size? in a sceincell of all things.

Ah well. I admit I did get a tad frustrated at times. I sheepishly admit that I do tend to get TOO invested in things like this despite my best efforts not too. So, if I offended anyone at any point, I truly do apologize.

This was a blast and added some fun to my life during a couple of difficult trials over the last few months.

I want to, first of all thank Ladyjay. She convinced me to join up in the first place basically. I hate doing these generally because of my aforementioned problem with getting too invested, but she was working ehr butt off to get one started and I agreed to participate to help get the owner numbers up there.

Knowing little about current incarnations of these characters I thought I would bow out quick and be done with it anyways. Boy was I wrong.

Also, Ladyjay was in constant communication helping me along the way. She also runs a really good online comic store that i discovered during this and will be visiting again! And her tireless and mostly thankless work made all this happen mostly!

THANKS LADYJAY!!

I also want to thank the silent contributors, Valiantone and Alphacomics and Jim!

I know Jim and Valiant helped out and they did it thanklessly. Your effort is appreciated. And ALpha (who we all know is already one of my two ABSOLUTE PREFERRED COMIC SOURCES) selflessly pldeging free comics to the top three places!

Don't worry, Alpha. I already decided i'm throwing a decent order your way regardless of whether I won or not. I haven't forgotten about you!

I want to thank all the other participants too. Ghost was a constant source of behind the scenes banter that enhanced the experience (be on the look out for an announcement from the two of us by the way).
Icarus, Bobafett and comicclint (my onetime partner) also bantered a little behind the scenes.

The other owners, eville1, Ukblueky and burning doom certainly provided their moments as well.

Mostly I want to note that this was the most drama free contest I can remember. All you owners deserve a pat on the back for that!!

One more thank you.....attilla, dreadnok1, comicreaderbatman and any other CCler I may have forgotten to mention that wasn't an owner but commented and helped make the whole game more fun. Thanks!! Run a team next time why doncha.

ah well. The cards were a blast. The Metamorpho/Swamp Thing fight was a highlight. GREAT JOB EVERYONE! GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO REMAIN!!
LadyJay
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:13:18 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

Confused Thanks for the good words Cei-I, but aren't you being a little premature? The score's tied with an hour left to go in your fight.

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 8:15:59 PM

LMFAO!!

I just noticed that. I was down 7-5 when i started typing and I'm pretty sure that eville and boba have a two point conversion. Plus we havent had a fight reach 16 votes in a looonnngggg time. I figured the fat lady was already singing.

Truth to say, I hope I was wrong cause i'd sure like to keep playing, but I sure would have some egg on my face pulling it out after already posting my concession speech.
Rolling on the Floor
icarus201
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 12:26:06 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

You got off to a good start, Drake. Thanks to a resounding victory against me in the first round (Klaw vs Quasar). But just 'cause I'm a spoiler, I'll throw up the reasons why it was so easy for you. a) My schedule at work that weekend prevented me from being around for most of the 24 hours with my UK time zone factored in, and b) My comic collection was in disarray compared to what it's normally like.
and c) because of that, I've only just found this little gem hidden away in there.

Maybe there would have been a different outcome if I'd been more on the ball then.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 2:31:32 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

It was good playing against you, C.U.! Stick around for commentary and voting.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 2:38:17 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

I'm sorry I wont be able to be the one to eliminate you, Drake. Devil

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 6:08:40 PM

icarus201 wrote:
You got off to a good start, Drake. Thanks to a resounding victory against me in the first round (Klaw vs Quasar). But just 'cause I'm a spoiler, I'll throw up the reasons why it was so easy for you. a) My schedule at work that weekend prevented me from being around for most of the 24 hours with my UK time zone factored in, and b) My comic collection was in disarray compared to what it's normally like.
and c) because of that, I've only just found this little gem hidden away in there.

Maybe there would have been a different outcome if I'd been more on the ball then.

Icarus. I believe you're right. If you didn't have all those excuses, Id'a probly only beat you 16-2 instead of 17-1.

LOL.

Just kidding you. I would say that you had quite the target on your back this contest for whatever reason. I felt you should have done much better. Personally, I think Flash was over the cap and should have won the whole thing. Only way metamorpho beat him, I think, is strategic voting. Luckily it worked out for me in that case.

In the case of Quasar V. Klaw. Come on man.