Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
DC cancels four more titles. Options
fenix1977
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 4:07:43 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Four more titles have been shown the door leaving DC with the new 48.

All of these titles have been on the bubble for a while. I am more upset over Blue Beetle getting the ax (again).

Mad Bloggings

The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 4:11:29 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

I'm glad none of the titles I've been collecting have been cancelled yet. I do think Savage Hawkman will not last another year, though.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
padreglcc
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:11:14 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Bummed that Legion Lost is getting cancelled. It's been a good title... lot of intrigue and subplots that tie in to Ravagers, Superboy and Teen Titans. Hope it ends well. And at least we still have Legion of Super-Heroes.

Grifter was a great book to start with... then Liefeld got his hands on it. Not surprised to see it go with the way the writing's been lately.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:38:23 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Considering the condition that non-comic periodicals are in, we're lucky that Marvel and DC are still printing so many comics.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
scotracycowles
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 6:23:11 PM

Groups: Member

I guess the market isn't strong enough to support two Legion books. Legion Lost is a decent read, but it is probably time to put everyone back in the main title. Legion of Superheroes isn't the same without Wildfire, Timber Wolf, and Dawnstar.

I will miss Frankenstein....A lot. It is a shame that so many good books don't reach a bigger audience. Frank is one of them.Sad
Tamwood
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 7:02:28 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Didn't read any of them. Had no interested in reading any of them.

Of all the books cancelled by DC since this craptastic adventure, I've only read one (Voodoo), and that was more due to the pretty art than any kind of storyline.

A helpful suggestion to DC: put your ego in check, and bring back Steph and Cass. Cross Carrie over from Dark Knight, and make a new Batgirl(s)-themed title. You don't even have to call it Batgirls, since 1) you've got the Babs book and 2) you've decided that none of these three ladies have been Batgirl, or have even existed. Use Spoiler and Black Bat and Robinette or something. Give Carrie a new bird-related name. Cardinal. Hummingbird. Whatever.

Bring back Donna Troy. Hell, throw Donna onto Earth 2, and make a new Wonder Girl book. Call her WW on Earth 2, since Diana's a corpse. But bring her back.
fenix1977
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 7:58:55 PM

I was surprised that DC did not use the New 52 as a way to bring back Ted Kord as Blue Beetle.

Mad Bloggings

jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:26:22 AM

Every time they cancel a group, I fear that Red Lanterns or Red Hood will be among them. I don't keep up with sales or, pretty much, what other readers are saying about the titles, so for all I know, these two of my pulls could be on the bubble for the next cut. I am actually surprised that New Guardians has lasted this long.
Shogun684
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:11:36 PM

I will miss Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E
Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:54:43 PM

jrpeevyhouse wrote:
Every time they cancel a group, I fear that Red Lanterns ... will be among them. ... I am actually surprised that New Guardians has lasted this long.
yeah, I think these will probably be in the next round of cuts - I think the current 3rd army (or whatever it's called) arc may drastically cut down on the number of Lantern titles.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:43:00 PM

I don't see how Green Lantern can possible hold 4 titles. 5 if you could Earth 2.

And I never knew the Red Lanterns had that big a fanbase.

I think it depends on which Lantern you want as your MAIN lantern. Hal/Kyle/John/Guy/Arabic (he's Middle Eastern, isn't he?). Your main Lantern should be in Green Lantern. And maybe ... MAYBE ... a GL Corps book for the rest of them.
Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:58:04 PM

Don't forget there's usually a GL in the Justice League too.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:17:51 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Tamwood wrote:
I don't see how Green Lantern can possible hold 4 titles. 5 if you could Earth 2.

And I never knew the Red Lanterns had that big a fanbase.

I think it depends on which Lantern you want as your MAIN lantern. Hal/Kyle/John/Guy/Arabic (he's Middle Eastern, isn't he?). Your main Lantern should be in Green Lantern. And maybe ... MAYBE ... a GL Corps book for the rest of them.

The new GL's name is Simon Baz. He's an Arab American... grew up in Detroit. He'll be on the roster of the new Justice League America book.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:28:28 PM

jrpeevyhouse wrote:
Every time they cancel a group, I fear that Red Lanterns or Red Hood will be among them. I don't keep up with sales or, pretty much, what other readers are saying about the titles, so for all I know, these two of my pulls could be on the bubble for the next cut. I am actually surprised that New Guardians has lasted this long.

New Guardians actually sells pretty well. Originally more the GL Corps and Red Lanterns. I'm not surprised this book has lasted at all.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Spider-Man 2099, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, AXIS: Hobgoblin, Q2: Return of Quantum & Woody, Super Secret Crisis War, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT/Ghostbusters

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:44:12 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

crackerjack1 wrote:
jrpeevyhouse wrote:

New Guardians actually sells pretty well. Originally more the GL Corps and Red Lanterns. I'm not surprised this book has lasted at all.

I seem to see it on a lot of people's buy lists here on CCL.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
hedgeknight
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:19:59 AM

Really bummed about Frankenstein - my favorite title next to Batman. Crying

Winter is coming...
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:45:56 AM

I am surprised Grifter made it as long as it did.

Mad Bloggings

padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:39:22 AM

fenix1977 wrote:
I am surprised Grifter made it as long as it did.

It was a great book until Leifeld got his grubby mitts on it.

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:09:59 AM

padreglcc wrote:
It was a great book until Leifeld got his grubby mitts on it.

Isn't that usually the case?Nerd