Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins in the Forest of Fangorn? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Super-Skrull (Kl'rt) 7 46%
Superboy 8 53%

SHS 1 - Fight 34 Super-Skrull Vs Superboy in Fangorn Forest Options
The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:17:17 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

You are not taking into account a few things here, Uk.

-Reed's powers. His body is not as weak as you think. Its super strong and it takes a lot to break free from that AND get past the Things super strength.

-SS has the power of the Human Torch so freezing him just aint gonna happen. One arm is always on fire so any cold blast wont work.

-Thing's strength isn't has weak as you want people to believe. Thing has beaten the Hulk before and Superboy is nowhere close to being on the Hulk's level. Stop making it sound like this is SuperMAN rather than SuperBOY. His strength level is not the same.

UK, how is SuperBOY going to stop SS from placing a crushing force field around the boy's brain?

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:23:07 PM

ukblueky wrote:
The_Ghost wrote:
Uk, while your telling everyone that SS gets tired after an hour, did you forget to take what I posted into consideration? Here it is again in case you missed it.

"Thing
■ Superhuman Strength: The Super-Skrull possesses superhuman strength beyond the natural limits of the finest Skrull. Kl'rt's superhuman strength is sufficient enough to lift approximately 85 tons.
■ Superhuman Stamina: The Super-Skrull's muscles produce less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscles of normal Skrull.
■ Superhuman Durability: The Super-Skrull is far tougher and more resistant to injury than normal Skrulls."

And...

"■ Physical Condition: The Super-Skrull, despite his power enhancement, is still , disease and injury.
subject to fatigue"

ALL fighters are subject to disease, UK. Superboy is subject to fatigue too so that plan isn't going to work. Super Skrull has kicked butt in the past that lasted longer than an hour. His stamina is increased as is his endurance so thinking getting sleepy is going to take him out is crazy.

Why are you bringing up diseases? No one in this fight has a disease based power. Did you miss my post where Superboys own DC bio says he has super stamina and can exert himself for an indefinite period of time?
Thats okay.Keep bringing up irrelevant things like disease and not being as strong as Superman to try and distract from the fact that Super Skrull is facing a superior opponent.You can keep referring to him as a BOY but that doesnt change the fact that Superboy is one bad mother....shut your mouth...what.I'm just talking 'bout Superboy.Laughing

I thought you got my point, UK. The point is that it says SS is subject to fatigue which YOU brought up saying he can only last an hour. EVERYONE is subject to fatigue, dude. However, it would take SS longer to feel fatigued because of his enhanced stamina, endurance, and strength. Now, I think we can put that fatigue thing to rest.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:24:23 PM

Groups: Member

A question to the mods.
If Ghost is fighting this battle right now and gets to vote for his fighter,which is perfectly legit.Then Comic University takes over the fight for Ghost it would only seem logical that he isnt going to vote against the person he is trying to help.To me this seems like a conflict of interest.So I think it only fair that if Drake takes over as manager that he shouldnt be allowed to vote.Now if he doesnt take over and Ghost is able to fight this one all the way through, which I hope he can cause its been awesome so far.Then Drake is more then welcome to vote.

The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:27:21 PM

ukblueky wrote:
A question to the mods.
If Ghost is fighting this battle right now and gets to vote for his fighter,which is perfectly legit.Then Comic University takes over the fight for Ghost it would only seem logical that he isnt going to vote against the person he is trying to help.To me this seems like a conflict of interest.So I think it only fair that if Drake takes over as manager that he shouldnt be allowed to vote.Now if he doesnt take over and Ghost is able to fight this one all the way through, which I hope he can cause its been awesome so far.Then Drake is more then welcome to vote.

No, Drake doesn't vote since I already did. He is only taking over rationales for me tomorrow.

4-1 already? Now I know I'm on the chopping block. Revenge is a dish best served cold, eh?

Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:35:23 PM

You can try and dodge the fact that Superboy's stamina is far greater than the skrull he is fighting all you want but it doesnt change whats true.
If Super Skrull isnt using Johnny's flame power at the instance Superboy freezes him then can you prove that he cant be frozen?
Oh as for your question of Superboy protecting himself from a brain bubble.Thats easy.Superboys tk force field protects him from energy based attacks.
Again putting words in my mouth.I never said Thing wasnt strong.I just said that Superboys tk force field protects him from non energy based attacks..ala..physical attacks like punching and kicking.

Now what does Super Skrull have to throw at Superboy?

ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:36:25 PM

The_Ghost wrote:
ukblueky wrote:
A question to the mods.

No, Drake doesn't vote since I already did. He is only taking over rationales for me tomorrow.

4-1 already? Now I know I'm on the chopping block. Revenge is a dish best served cold, eh?

Thats all I needed to hear.Now back to the fighting.

Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:38:14 PM

Groups: Approver, Member

yeah Super Boy would win this fight.

The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:44:42 PM

What makes you think the invisibilty field cant penetrate Superboy's field? Superboy has never faced an enemy like Super Skrull who has multiple powers. You are assuming a super strong blow from SS using the Thing's power backed up with a super strong force push using Sue's cant destroy Superboy's tk's shield. Dude, those powers combined make for a mighty intense and destructive hit that would knock Superboy for a loop while Kl'rt moves in for the kill.

Nerd Nation
LadyJay
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:49:06 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

ukblueky wrote:
A question to the mods.

I know I've clarified this several times in PMs, not sure I've done so on the boards, so...

When a team has two managers, there is NO RULE AGAINST BOTH VOTING. For the past several tournaments, most managers who have teamed up with someone else to run a team have, in the interest of fairness and good sportsmanship, opted to have only one of the partners voted in any of their fights (unless facing another team with a pair of managers).

While I encourage all manager teams to adopt this practice, and applaud those who do, I won't disqualify or adjust votes if a pair of managers decides not to follow this policy.

(Note: Now that we have more visibility into who's voting, we may adjust the rules to adopt a one vote per team policy in future tournaments)

The_Ghost
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:24:34 AM

I applaud anyone who listens to reason and votes for Super Skrull. Applause Big Hug Laughing

I'm going to bed, kids. Its a 7 hour long and boring drive to New Mexico for me tomorrow morning and 5 am comes early.
Hope to come home to a victory for Super Skrull! Dancing

Later, taters! Wave

Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:08:05 AM

Superboy has tactile tk disassemble powers.What this means is he can touch an object and cause it to fall apart.So when Skrull tries to hit Superboy with Things rock form arm Superboy can easily dodge the attack with super speed reflexes then touch the arm and watch the rock crumple into tiny pieces.Superboy can leave the tiny rock pieces hover in the air before causing them to explode right back into Super Skrulls grill.
All thats left at the end of this fight is an one armed knocked out skrull lying on the dirt with Superboy standing victorious above him.

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:04:37 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

ok...ukblueky has made a living in this tournament by picking one single line in a wiki about his opponents, ignoring decades of comic history and being misleading.
I'm not criticizing him, because his strategy has worked, obviously. He's still here.

I am not going to engage in that silliness during this fight though. Just gonna tell you how Super Skrull wins and let you voters decide who is right.

1) Super Skrull has the strength of the Thing. We all know (not from a wiki, but decades of comic books) that the Thing is one barbell short of Hulk Strength. We all know Hulk strength is equal to Superman. We all know Superboy aint equal to Superman.....

So, it is very safe to assume (from decades of actual comic evidence) that Super Skrull is equal to or slightly greater than Superboy in strength.

We all know that SuperSkrull can turn invisible.....and Superboy doesn't have Supermans vision powers. Heck, he doesn;t even know Superskrull so would think to look for an invisible character even if he did.

Remember (based on actual comics) Superboy is a hothead. He doesn't plan and think. He just charges in.

So....Superskrull turns invisible, waits for Superboy to charge past him, uses his elasticity to stretch out and grab him, then, using the strength of the Thing, holding a chracter with no leverage, just sqezzes him until he passes out.

Done.

Super Skrull +1
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:05:51 AM

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:07:59 AM

Listen, I'm just helping out Ghost because he asked. Hopefully it doesn't lose him some votes.
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 8:29:52 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Question since I haven't voted yet can't the super skrull just shape shift to match one of the trees? If so this would be hard to figure out where he is since the trees are alive
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:55:45 AM

b0bafett wrote:
Question since I haven't voted yet can't the super skrull just shape shift to match one of the trees? If so this would be hard to figure out where he is since the trees are alive

Superskrull can shapeshift into anything he wants. The elite warrior skrulls (which Kl'rt is one) can shapeshift into the most intricate of things. SuperSkrull is very capable of mimicing a Fangorn tree (or even a danged squirrel or anything else) down to the tightest detail.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 9:57:06 AM

SuperSkrull also has the power to cover himself in a forcefield of unbelieivable strength just like Invisible Woman can.

If the Ents come into play, he could just "cover up" while the reckless Superboy destroyed forest looking for him, thus engaging the angry Ents.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:02:32 AM

We know that Superboy is a reckless headstrong fighter.

He doesn't know where Super Skrull is because he is invisible. He also doesn't know this forest is alive.

It is very easy to assume (again, based on actual comic evidence) that Superboy would just plow through the forest causing lots of damage looking for his foe.

We also know this would anger the denizens of Fangorn Forest. So, Super Skrull just might be able to win this one without lifting a finger, letting the Ents fight for him.....which would suit his devious skrull mind just fine.
comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:04:19 AM

Remember, Invisible Force Fields bend light. So......no super vision will work here.
b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:29:45 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Ok leaning super skrull here. Since he can shape shift to look like a ent & more then likely get there help with superboy