SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 35
(Semi-Final Fight 1)
Good evening CCLers and welcome to the first semi-final fight in SHS 1. Tonight's fight features SuperHero Showdown's version of "The Replacements". During Round 8, managers were given the opportunity to upgrade their rosters by trading or replacing one fighter on their roster. Only two managers took advantage of the trade option and you're looking at the results tonight.bobafett
replaced Sebastion Shaw with Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark)
. Tonight boba's counting on Cassie to earn him a spot in the finals.Ukblueky
comes into this fight as the only manager with two fighters remaining, guaranteeing him a spoit in the Final fight. During the trading window, Uk used his Multiverse Card to replace Storm (Ororo Monroe) with Storm, the Goddess of Thunder from Earth 1027
. Tonight, Uk's looking for the Thunder Goddess to win and give him 2 shots at the title.
Tonight's environment, chosen by the moderators, is Asteroid 4 Vespa, one of the largest Asteroids in our Solar System's Asteroid Belt.
Fire the rockets and blast off...
(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)
Visiting Team: The No NamesEnvironment: Asteroid 4 Vespa
Manager: b0bafett (4–0-1–w–3 )
Fighter: Wonder Girl(Cassandra Sandsmark)inVS.Home Team: The Unnamed
Manager: ukblueky (6–0-1–1–3)
Fighter: Storm Goddess of Thunder (Earth 1027)
The fighters are transported to 4 Vesta, one of the largest Asteroids in the Solar System. The Asteroid is uninhabited. The characteristics of the environment are as described in the link, with one exception, the Asteroid is surrounded with a breathable atmosphere for the duration of the fight. This atmosphere extends 100 yards above the surface of the asteroid. Coincidentally, the upper limit of the environment is also 100 yards above the asteroid's surface. The entire surface of the asteroid is in play.
* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.
* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.
As a reminder, here are the voting rules
:* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.
* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.
-----------------------------------------------SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live