Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins on 4 Vespa (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) 4 40%
Storm Goddess of Thunder (Earth 1027) 6 60%

SHS 1 Fight 35 - Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) Vs Storm Goddess of Thunder on 4 Vespa Options
LadyJay
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 9:34:11 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 35
(Semi-Final Fight 1)

Good evening CCLers and welcome to the first semi-final fight in SHS 1. Tonight's fight features SuperHero Showdown's version of "The Replacements". During Round 8, managers were given the opportunity to upgrade their rosters by trading or replacing one fighter on their roster. Only two managers took advantage of the trade option and you're looking at the results tonight.

bobafett replaced Sebastion Shaw with Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark). Tonight boba's counting on Cassie to earn him a spot in the finals.

Ukblueky comes into this fight as the only manager with two fighters remaining, guaranteeing him a spoit in the Final fight. During the trading window, Uk used his Multiverse Card to replace Storm (Ororo Monroe) with Storm, the Goddess of Thunder from Earth 1027. Tonight, Uk's looking for the Thunder Goddess to win and give him 2 shots at the title.

Tonight's environment, chosen by the moderators, is Asteroid 4 Vespa, one of the largest Asteroids in our Solar System's Asteroid Belt.

Fire the rockets and blast off...

(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)

Visiting Team: The No Names
Manager: b0bafett (4–0-1–w–3 )
Fighter: Wonder Girl(Cassandra Sandsmark)in

VS.

Home Team: The Unnamed
Manager: ukblueky (6–0-1–1–3)
Fighter: Storm Goddess of Thunder (Earth 1027)

Environment: Asteroid 4 Vespa

The fighters are transported to 4 Vesta, one of the largest Asteroids in the Solar System. The Asteroid is uninhabited. The characteristics of the environment are as described in the link, with one exception, the Asteroid is surrounded with a breathable atmosphere for the duration of the fight. This atmosphere extends 100 yards above the surface of the asteroid. Coincidentally, the upper limit of the environment is also 100 yards above the asteroid's surface. The entire surface of the asteroid is in play.

-----------------------------------------------

* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.

* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

As a reminder, here are the voting rules:

* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.

* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.

SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

LadyJay
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 9:36:58 PM

With so much on the line in tonight's fight, we're making a slight change to how a tie will be handled...

In the event Fight 35 ends in a tie, the Game Hosts WILL NOT decide the winner. Instead, the managers' names will be entered into the online randomizer, which will decide who gets the win.

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 10:06:11 PM

Groups: Member

Wow 2 votes for Wondergirl without any rationales....hmm...

ukblueky
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 10:20:22 PM

Okay this battle takes place on an asteroid in space so I'm sure some of you are thinking "well there goes Storms weather powers" but you would be wrong my friends.She has Tarenes hammer which magically controls the weather.So heres a very plausible scenario.
Storm manipulates the gravity pressure to the point that Wondergirls entire body feels like it weighs a ton and she cant drag one foot in front of the other.She thens sends a giant lightning bolt down ontop of Wondergirl.If for reason this isnt enough she just hurls the hammer with the added boost of hurricane type winds and slams it into Cassie.KO.Storm wins.
And if you thought that might have been harsher than normal for Storm remember this isnt 616 Storm.This Storm was so fed up with humans that she lived in the eye of a hurricane she created to get away from people.

comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2012 10:40:32 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Storm is the most likely pick here.

Very powerful....and Wonder Girl? Well... not so much.
Eville_1
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:54:00 PM

Wonder Girl is plenty powerful. Superhuman strength, speed, Durability, reflexes and flight; according to her wiki.
ukblueky
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:22:01 PM

Eville_1 wrote:
Wonder Girl is plenty powerful. Superhuman strength, speed, Durability, reflexes and flight; according to her wiki.

This is true but I have already explained how none of this helps her in this fight with Storm.Cassie may be a demi goddess but this version of Storm is a goddess.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:11:22 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

This much is on the line and we've heard so little from the managers during this whole fight.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:19:56 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Hmmmm. Marvel vs DC clash. Who should I vote for? Sigh

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:18:28 PM

Sorry, didnt have much time to be on the hoards today.Been busy around the house.I will most definitely have to be on the boards alot more next match against Beta Ray Bill

LadyJay
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:28:57 PM

With the loss, b0bafett takes the third place spot in the tournament.

Thanks for playing b0ba and congratulations on finishing in the top 3. Applause Applause I hope you'll be back next tournament.

Ukblueky and Ghost will face off Thursday night in the 1st Final match. If Ghost wins, there will be a 2nd Final fight posting on Saturday.

LadyJay
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:07:45 PM

Submissions for Fight 36 are due by 10 pm Central tomorrow night.

Jim
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:48:18 PM

The_Ghost
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:48:39 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

ukblueky wrote:

Dont look at me. I didn't have a chance to vote on this match. Btw, Superboy had 2 votes before I even had a shot at posting a rationale for Super Skrull the other day. Uk, you should have protested that one too. lol

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:51:09 AM

The_Ghost wrote:
ukblueky wrote:

Dont look at me. I didn't have a chance to vote on this match. Btw, Superboy had 2 votes before I even had a shot at posting a rationale for Super Skrull the other day. Uk, you should have protested that one too. lol

Yeah but I posted a rational right away on that fight.This particuliar fight there was no rationale from either side.Anyway I was just making an observation not protesting.I understand not all voters need a rationale to decide who wins the fight.For example if Wolverine fought Superman in an environment that he could not find kryptonite then no amount of rationales would ever convince me Wolverine would win.

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:14:29 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Sorry everyone that I missed the fight. Had a family emergency in just got back home. I had fun in can't wait intill the next one