Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Batman: Death Of The Family Options
fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:13:15 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I have been hearing rumors that DC is going to be killing off a member of the Batman family during this event. The names being tossed around if it turns out to be true..will rile up the nerd rage.

This is only speculation at this point but be warned that if deem speculation as being a spoiler then read no further.

Still here? If you are no pointing your finger and screaming that it has been ruined for you.

So far three names have come to the top of the heap as characters that might get the ax during this event. Taking to mind that DC has been holding the Joker back for what seems like something big it only makes sense. Why bring him back and hype the event unless he is going to do something that will change the Bat family for years to come. So here is your second chance...run away now or no crying that someone took their ball and went home and doesn't want to play with you anymore.

1) Tim Drake
2) Gordon
3) Alfred

Take a moment and mull that over. Each of these characters plays an important role in the Batman universe. The death of any of them would damage Batman/Bruce almost as much if not more than the death of his parents. True the death of his parents started all this but if you take away someone like Alfred by having him killed at the hands of the Joker..just think of how mental that would make Batman.

I had my fingers crossed that DC would finally get rid of the current Robin (Damian) but the other three alternatives would be more shocking and have a longer lasting impact on the Batman family.

Mad Bloggings

ukblueky
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:58:56 PM

Groups: Member

After reading Batman #13 my guess is Alfred.Of course it seems awfully early in this arc to reveal the person being killed but who knows.I guess it could be Gordon but I dont think it will be Tim.Tims more involved in the Teen Titans than Batman books.I even wondered if it would be Barbara.Having Joker kill her instead of crippling her.I guess what made me think that was Joker referenced that scene from Killing Joke where he shoots het but with the New 52 that story never happened.So I figured it might be a clue for what is to come.

fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:06:10 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

It would be interesting if it was Barbara..leaving the door open possibly for a return for Stephanie Brown...even if it seems that there are those at DC that hate her and would be happy if she never showed up again.

Mad Bloggings