The "Why Is This Issue Worth So Much?" Thread Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:10:43 PM

Groups: Member

Thundercron wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
pottersan wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
It's sold for $10 and $14.95 here. The two stores selling are in the $7 range. None of the Amazing issues around it or the other issues in the storyline are marked up like this. What gives?

If this seller on ebay is correct:
HTF CARNAGE LOW PRINT ERIK MARK BAGLEY WEB OF CARNAGE
i think its a mix between low print runs and symbiotes bonding with other charatchers. the ASM isuues (430-431) where the carnage symbiote bonds with silver surfer are hard to find and expensive as (banned) too.

As to why this issue is priced higher than any of the other installments to the Web of Carnage storyline--I think it's because it's the Amazing Spider-Man chapter. "Amazing" has always been the flagship Spidey title, and always price higher than any other Spider-Man title published during any given time period. Lots of people collect Spider-Man, and if anyone is trying to get a full set, it's usually for Amazing. There aren't a lot of people trying to collect every single Spidey title ever published (although it would be admirable). And not too many people only buy Web or Spectacular. Everyone wants Amazing.
very good point. as a spidey collector myself i know right now i'm aiming for ASM then the others (almost there. just gotta nail the keys in the 100's) awesome post though thunder, the collapse of the market had escaped my mind some how.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:32:18 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Thundercron wrote:
That Carnage issue we're discussing is #410....

Looked it up, you're right. But then didn't Aunt May die in #400? Which is the reason Ben Reilly returned to New York City. I could have sworn the Clone Saga lasted longer than that. Things just must seem longer when you're younger.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:31:54 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
That Carnage issue we're discussing is #410....

Looked it up, you're right. But then didn't Aunt May die in #400? Which is the reason Ben Reilly returned to New York City. I could have sworn the Clone Saga lasted longer than that. Things just must seem longer when you're younger.
they also spanned all four spidey books too though... i remember it lasting forever too.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:10:25 AM

why is the hell is deadpool kills the marvel universe so expensive? i have the first issue... and its just ridiculous! the idea that people are paying so much for it, especially a deadpool comic blows me away D'oh

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 11:07:35 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
why is the hell is deadpool kills the marvel universe so expensive? i have the first issue... and its just ridiculous! the idea that people are paying so much for it, especially a deadpool comic blows me away D'oh

I think all the speculators bought it up because Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe was so hot.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 2:09:49 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

'Cause it's DEADPOOL. The most awesomest character ever created! He's like, funny, and he kills stuff, and stuff.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 2:41:17 PM

lol i know you're kidding tam.. i hope!

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:06:36 PM

I've never understood the allure of Deadpool. I don't think he's well-written, I don't think he's interesting, and I certainly don't think he's original. He's more an amalgam of different characters, thrown together by a hack creator. I've asked many people who simply LOVE Deadpool, "Why?" and that's the basic answer I get.

"He's funny! He kills people!"
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:11:42 PM

Here's one:

I added this to my wantlist, 'cause I love Stevens' art, but wha?
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:33:12 PM

Tamwood wrote:
I've never understood the allure of Deadpool. I don't think he's well-written, I don't think he's interesting, and I certainly don't think he's original. He's more an amalgam of different characters, thrown together by a hack creator. I've asked many people who simply LOVE Deadpool, "Why?" and that's the basic answer I get.

i think its the ninja allure of him. people love ninjas. not as much as in the 90's but the love is still there.

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:08:36 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

i think its the ninja allure of him. people love ninjas. not as much as in the 90's but the love is still there.

Yeah, but Ninjas are cool cause they're all stealthy and stuff. Deadpool's SO no stealthy.
Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:37:57 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
Here's one:

I added this to my wantlist, 'cause I love Stevens' art, but wha?

You answered your own question. People love Dave Stevens, and there ain't too many of this comic around.
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:43:38 PM

Yeah, but I can pick up most Stevens cover issues for cheap. A couple of bucks at the most. This thing's $50.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:42:57 PM

Tamwood wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

Yeah, but Ninjas are cool cause they're all stealthy and stuff. Deadpool's SO no stealthy.
i dunno... i never thought they were because they were stealthy. I thought slicing people in half and throwing ninja stars was frickin' awesome.

Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 9:35:23 PM

Yeah, but barbarians sliced people in half, and they're not nearly as cool as ninjas. I think the whole ninja thing is that they slice people in half OUT OF NOWHERE. Barbarians run screaming war cries at you. Still fun to watch sword battles, but Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes are much higher on the cool factor than Kull the Conquerer.
SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 2:30:52 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I get that Fantastic Four #583-586 were the lead up to the "death" of Johnny issue. And i get that there are a lot less issues for sale on those than other issues. What i don't get are the low to mid teen asking prices here. I can't find evidence of that kind of heat anywhere else online. And what's the deal with #577? Only one cheap copy for sale but one sold for 9.99?

Thanks to anyone who can answer as I'm listing these for sale and want to put realistic prices on them.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
frozilla
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 2:41:02 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
I get that Fantastic Four #583-586 were the lead up to the "death" of Johnny issue.

An interesting followup question is "Why is Issue 583(a) generally more than 583(b), the 1:15 variant of the same issue?" If 583a was worth X, then it would stand to reason that a rarer version of 583a would be X+Y, right?

Unless of course, variants really aren't worth more than the normal issue, which I tend to believe ;)

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
LordMikel
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 5:48:19 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
I get that Fantastic Four #583-586 were the lead up to the "death" of Johnny issue. And i get that there are a lot less issues for sale on those than other issues. What i don't get are the low to mid teen asking prices here. I can't find evidence of that kind of heat anywhere else online. And what's the deal with #577? Only one cheap copy for sale but one sold for 9.99?

Thanks to anyone who can answer as I'm listing these for sale and want to put realistic prices on them.

Not sure but this is what the issue talks about from a preview. "On the Blue Area of the Moon, the Fantastic Four discover that the history of the Inhumans runs much deeper, and richer, than previously believed."

Wouldn't this be a prelude to War of Kings then? (I think that is the right name of the series.)
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 6:31:04 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

LordMikel wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Not sure but this is what the issue talks about from a preview. "On the Blue Area of the Moon, the Fantastic Four discover that the history of the Inhumans runs much deeper, and richer, than previously believed."

Wouldn't this be a prelude to War of Kings then? (I think that is the right name of the series.)

I don't think so. By the time War of the Kings started, the Inhumans were already ruling The Kree and living on one of their homeworlds.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SwiftMann
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:56:00 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

frozilla wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
I get that Fantastic Four #583-586 were the lead up to the "death" of Johnny issue.

An interesting followup question is "Why is Issue 583(a) generally more than 583(b), the 1:15 variant of the same issue?" If 583a was worth X, then it would stand to reason that a rarer version of 583a would be X+Y, right?

Unless of course, variants really aren't worth more than the normal issue, which I tend to believe ;)

Well... It is a Super Hero Squad cover. Not a ton of demand there regardless of rarity.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5