SuperHero Showdown 1 – Final Fight 1
Hello everyone and welcome to the 1st Final fight in SHS 1. The final two managers are Ukblueky and Ghost.Ukblueky
comes into the Finals with two fighters remianing. For tonight's fight, he's elected to send out Superboy
, the last DC character in the tournament. If Uk wins tonight, the tournament is over and he'll claim the title.
Facing Ukblueky is Ghost
, who sends out Beta Ray Bill
, the last fighter left on his Roster. Ghost needs a win tonight to stay alive in the tournament and force a second Final fight on Saturday night.
Tonight's environment is Pollepel Island, also known as Bannerman's Island, in the Hudson River.Important Note:
- If tonight's fight should end in a tie, the SHS hosts have decided to let the online randomizer decide the winner.
Good Luck to both managers, Let the fireworks begin..
(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)
Visiting Team: The VindicatorsEnvironment: Pollepel Island (aka Bannerman's Island)
Manager: Ghost (4–0-1–0–4 )
Fighter: Beta Ray BillVS.Home Team: The Unnamed
Manager: ukblueky (7–0-1–1–3)
The fighters materialize on Pollepel Island in the Hudson River (also known as Bannerman's Island). For the duration of the fight, the island is uninhabited except for the SHS fighters and the native wildlife (meaning there are no tourists or park employees on the Island). The entire Island and the sky above it are in play; the water surrounding the Island is out of bounds.
* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.
* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.
As a reminder, here are the voting rules
:* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.
* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.
-----------------------------------------------SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live