Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
How about this one? Options
monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:23:10 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

You search from the "Find comics for sale" search engine and it gives a list of titles. You click a title and it displays the results of all the stores issues individually. When viewing the page you have the postage stamp size cover image,Title/issues info, then a gap of blank space, then the blue "Details" button, then 3 seperate columns Seller, Condition and Price.

Now it appears with the extra space between the issue info and the details button it might be enough to allow a forth column right after price. A really helpful one if possible would be "Sale Item Details".

Even if it just has enough room for a word or two it could give you an idea of how to tell one stores listing from another or that maybe you should pop over and read the full description to see what you're passing up on based on deciding just on price and grade or even that one's got a signiture but no COA, or anything else you may want to know to distinguish this issue from others in your own store or compared to others.

Once again we we don't know if something that sounds simple like adding an extra column on an Excell page or moving a column width line is going to be easy or desired until we ask but I'm pretty sure anything that encourages people to be aware there are market notes/sale item details that could be read could be good.

Back to work. Daydreaming

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:25:50 AM

Shop at My Store

Having something that indicates there are scans/extra info is right at the top of my wishlist, not quite the same as what you're asking for but close.

Doug at Treehouse

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 12:23:33 PM

Shop at My Store

Yes, I agree, how many times you get those orders and just don't know if the customer even knows there are sales details attached. Anything to make it smoother to compare apples to apples or at least know the apple may graded like it has a worm but it might not neccesarily be a worm. Take this comic for example.

Almost a perfect comic except for those 3 pesky signitures. I could put Signed in the sales item details and grade it down from NM to whatever we think 3 signitures that obviously aren't childrens scribbles but would need authenticating to increase the actual value from say 45 cent to maybe 75 cent would deserve. Then the customer shopping on the price compare list would know that they'd be getting a great copy graded down that maybe on a rainy day sometime they could get authenticatted somewhere or at least get a better reader copy than the next guys same grade that's been through the 9th grade at the bottom of a wall locker.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 2:07:36 PM

Shop at My Store

Ditto, I have a stack of signed books & double/triple covers that I haven't listed for exactly that reason. I also have a pending order that I'm not shipping yet because I'm making sure the customer knows he's buying a PGX not a CGC. Crossing my fingers this gets tackled in the next update.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com