Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What Are Your 2013 Collecting Goals? Options
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:33:56 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

As always, my main focus is my Amazing Spider-Man collection.

Concentrating on #186 to #528 (although I already own a big chunk in that gap). Once that gets filled (probably not in 2013 though), I'll start looking at #185 and down. I doubt I'll ever own much of the issues below #100 though, unless I actually have money to burn, but that's not likely to happen.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
Grwurz
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 5:24:48 PM

Groups: Member

I'm looking to downsize. Get rid of most of my excess books and focus on keys.

I also am going to work on keeping my kids (5 and 7 years old) interested in comics. Not just comics I guess, but books in general.

The Books I want to focus on are the Batman keys from 200-300, The first 5 issues of Bone, and the first 5 issues of the original TMNT series. (might have to go with a second or third print on the Turtles).

This may also be the year that I finally get a decent grade copy of ASM 300. I have probably had 10 copies of that book over the years and not one of them has been better than Fine!

Hopefully I get to do a few of these things!

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
Jim
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 6:10:10 PM

My goal has been met this year already. Just bought a 30,000 book collection a couple weeks ago. I'll be sharing it with CCLers over the next few months. Happy

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
teh_longinator
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 6:31:51 PM

Jim wrote:
My goal has been met this year already. Just bought a 30,000 book collection a couple weeks ago. I'll be sharing it with CCLers over the next few months. Happy

Lol... Rave? :P

If not, then I wish you luck in your collection sorting... It's taken me months to do just 1k.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Jim
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 7:00:08 PM

teh_longinator wrote:
Jim wrote:

Lol... Rave? :P

If not, then I wish you luck in your collection sorting... It's taken me months to do just 1k.

:cry:...LOL

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 7:43:16 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:

I doubt I'll ever own much of the issues below #100 though, unless I actually have money to burn, but that's not likely to happen.

Ditto
Right now I have issues 150-700 so just working on variants from 500-650 then will go to the dreaded under 150 lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Tamwood
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 9:03:08 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Tamwood wrote:
I'd like to finish up some current runs I've been tinkering with. My Strangers in Paradise run, my Birds of Prey run (that #8 is going to kill me). Batgirl. Maybe work a little on my X-Men run. And I need to find a cheap Fantastic Four #50 to fill that hole in a mini-run.

With the 3 books I just bought from Pat, and an issue I picked up today, my Batgirl run is complete.
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:54:28 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Tamwood wrote:
I'd like to finish up some current runs I've been tinkering with. My Strangers in Paradise run......

I have a full run of these. Send me a PM if you have problems finishing your set.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

CCComics
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:23:14 PM

I'm looking to eliminate as many books as I can from my wishlist and finally read some of the runs I have once I fill in the holes. Then I can organize my comics so all the issues of a certain title are together. Hoping this site will help make these goals easier to accomplish.
roadcrew1
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:34:22 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Working on my Green Arrow collection....only 33 more books to finish Volume 1 and Volume 2

Then I have to save up money for More Fun #73.
chainsawsr
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 11:08:43 AM

I would like to complete my smaller runs i.e. Fables, Jack of Fables, Non Marvel G.I. Joe.

Next is to pick up fifty centers on mainline big runs i.e Thor, Iron Man Punisher batman Superman...You get the picture.

Action figures! Want to get my four walls covered!

Make all you fair sellers some money...

Cheers!

Where is my Fables? I need a reality check!
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:09:14 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

freakdylan wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

I doubt I'll ever own much of the issues below #100 though, unless I actually have money to burn, but that's not likely to happen.

Ditto
Right now I have issues 150-700 so just working on variants from 500-650 then will go to the dreaded under 150 lol

That's awesome. Great run!

This year, I'm mostly focusing on filling my gaps between issues #186 and #528.
I'm missing 129 (out of 343).

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
PCPaperbacks
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:40:33 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

Ditto

My Amazing run is from 130-700... since 129 is $$$$$... I haven't decided if I want to venture below 129... because very close to # 129 are issues # 121 & # 122... those 3 alone are well $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
"First is fine, but accuracy is everything." Wyatt Erp"

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 4:12:27 PM

PCPaperbacks wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

Ditto

My Amazing run is from 130-700... since 129 is $$$$$... I haven't decided if I want to venture below 129... because very close to # 129 are issues # 121 & # 122... those 3 alone are well $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

i'm in the same boat. i think long term i'll be working on the keys in the 100's for some time. i have 157-700 so its not like it'll take a very long time. maybe pick up those keys every tax return or something.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:55:02 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

BurningDoom wrote:
My collecting goals:

-Focus on Batman comics. There's a lot of essential stuff that I don't have like Knightsend, No Man's Land, and Hush.

-Finish my John Byrne & Dan Jurgens 80s & 90s Superman run.

-Finish my JSA run from Justice Society of America #1 (1991) up to the current Earth 2 issues.

-Collect the large Iron Man & Avengers storyline where Tony Stark goes bad and is replaced by time-displaced young Tony Stark as the current Iron Man...I'm morbidly curious.

-Collect the Thor storyline where Thor is replaced by Eric Masterson and then returns to reclaim his title as Thor (and Masterson becomes Thunderstrike). Again, because I'm curious.

-Collect Paradise X, and get the final 2 issues to Universe X, so I can finally read the "X" trilogy in it's entirety.

-Track down the Nightmare on Elm Street comics by Innovation that aren't terribly expensive, but not all that easy to find either.

I've now got the Thor storyline and I've gotten the last 2 issues of Universe X (I can finally read it!). So I can cross those 2 off of my list!

I want to focus on the Iron Man & Avengers "Crossover"/Young Tony Stark storyline next, but I'm having trouble finding them together in a set or from the same seller.

So I guess, if I can't find that for a decent price at the moment, the next thing I'll be focusing on is completing my JSA set, and getting Paradise X to follow-up my Universe X read.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
rayscomics101
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:39:24 PM

My goals are bagging all my comics uniformly, with full or half backs, bag key issues and valuable early series issues in mylar, buy acid free boxes, and sell any title that I didn't love or isn't/wasn't important (popularity my also sway me lol). Also completing all of IDW's on-going TMNT variants that I want Cool
nomedami
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:34:33 AM

I just started getting back into comics a couple months ago. For 2013 looking for my batman runs of the new series and my turtles collection. Have a lot of building to do on the turtles as I lost most of my older collection in a theft several years ago.( the reason I stop collecting in the first place. Didnt feel like rebuilding after they were taken, but I found that I missed my comic fix lol