Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Death of Superman Options
Grwurz
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:43:54 PM

Groups: Member

While digging through my longboxes, I rediscovered Superman 75. I showed it to my son and I think he is having trouble wrapping his head around the fact that Superman died (he is only 5 after all) He keeps pulling the book out and looking only at the last page.

Anyway, it got me to thinking. I'm pretty sure that Superman hasn't died in the New 52. I wonder if that is something that is on the table for the future of Superman in the new 52 or not.

If they did try to go down that road again (why not? They killed Spider-man again. Oh wait, no they didn't) Who would they use? Would they use Doomsday? Would Lex Luthor finally figure out a way to kill him off? Would they introduce a new character to do it again? Would they just use Doomsday again? Or would he go fix the sun?

I haven't read much of the new 52 Superman so maybe this has already been addressed.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:48:02 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Actually in the most recent Action comics Jimmy and Lois referred to his death already happening.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Grwurz
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:52:17 PM

Xylob wrote:
Actually in the most recent Action comics Jimmy and Lois referred to his death already happening.

Interesting. I guess I should red the new Superman stuff.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
Shogun684
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:20:19 PM

Yup In the new 52 Superman did already die same with batman's back being broken by Bane thats some of the stuff that stuck.
Grwurz
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:21:34 AM

We need like a things that happened book or something. I mean Superman died, but he's not married to Lois Lane. Barbara Gordon was shot, paralyzed, and trained her way back to be Batgirl. But she wasn't Oracle?

Oh well, as long as the stories are worth reading I guess.

Come take a look!
Tamwood
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:40:35 AM

ALmost 100 issues of Batgirl canon never happened.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:17:23 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

It seems to be at the writer's whim. Because as we discussed in another thread about the Green Lantern, it was told to us that Hal Jordan WAS Parallax initially then in another issue it shows Kyle Rayner as a rookie being trained on Planet Oa, which would directly conflict with Hal Jordan destroying the GL Corps as Parallax.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 12:53:38 PM

So does this mean there was never a Bat-Mite or Adam West never donned the Caped Crusader costume? Devil

Xylob
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 3:40:55 PM

We can hope!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 3:55:27 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

OK, OK. It's all fun and games until someone besmirches the name Adam West!

Cool it, Chum! Or I will Pow! Bam! Biff! your behind!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

injunpana
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:38:02 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
It seems to be at the writer's whim. Because as we discussed in another thread about the Green Lantern, it was told to us that Hal Jordan WAS Parallax initially then in another issue it shows Kyle Rayner as a rookie being trained on Planet Oa, which would directly conflict with Hal Jordan destroying the GL Corps as Parallax.

Of course it's up to the writers. When DC went to the New52, they could only set up the starting point and it's up to the writers to tell the stories, to world build, etc. and for the DC editors' to veto, approve or to redirect the writer's ideas.

I just shake my head when i read people keep on saying that DC haven't planned the New52 at all. You can not plan an ongoing universe down to the last detail. It's not like rocket science where they have to design the rocket down to the last bolt before they even start building it. Comics is an ongoing publishing where changes can occur at a drop of a dime, much like movies are shot with the scripts unfinished or constantly being changed.

You'll enjoy reading the current GL if you stop constantly trying to fit in the old history to the existing run. If you feel that the current GL feels empty, that's because we're only 16 issues out and you are comparing it to the pre-New52 GL that took seven decades, thousands of stories, several reboots (Zero, various crises, etc.) to get there.