Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Marvel Movies 2014 and Beyond! Options
CCComics
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:04:05 AM
Groups: Member

Marvel has announced PHASE THREE:

Ant-Man seems like it would be cool. However I can't stop thinking about Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Innerspace. I wonder...

Doctor Strange I'm not so excited for. Never really liked the comics and I don't think a movie would be all that exciting.

Hoping that Iron Man gets back on track and is better than the last one.

Found Thor to be really boring and uneventful. Not really interested in the sequel.

If it's anything like the recent comics (pre Marvel Now), Captain America: The Winter Soldier should be great. Loved the first one!

I'm curious about Guardians of the Galaxy. Could be really great or could be a big stinker. All I can say is Rocket Raccoon!

And let's hope Avengers continues to rock and is even better than the first one!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:07:17 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

An Ant-Man movie seems cool I guess, here's hoping Rick Moranis makes a cameo or something.

If they do Dr. Strange right it could be pretty awesome. I'm thinking the Dread Dormammu and the Dark Dimension. Baron Mordo. Clea, of course, as the romantic lead. I want to see Mindless Ones!

The biggest issue I had with the last Iron Man movie was that they amped up Whiplash (or was it Blacklash?) too much. Did they combine him with the Crimson Dynamo or something? From the trailers I have seen so far it appears that the Mandarin looks pretty bad-ass. Waiting...

LOVED Thor, looking forward to the next one. Destroyer was...Wow!

I have been a fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy since the 80's. The classic group is still my fave but two words are causing me to be excited about this movie. Rocket Raccoon. The mini-series from 1985 is vastly under-rated in my opinion. The storyline was phenomenal, art was out of this world and the characters were just incredibly awesome. The freaking robot clowns riding uni-cyles and throwing bombs were brilliant!

Does anyone know how Thanos is involved in Phase Three?

And have they just given up on the Fantastic Four? I just re-watched the first movie (well some of it anyway) and remembered why I hadn't bothered with it recently. Reed was kind of a moron, Dr. Doom (or whatever) did nothing for me and it just wasn't very exciting. Although I did enjoy seeing Stan Lee as Willie Lumpkin. I think I turned it off soon after that scene.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

crackerjack1
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:14:46 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
And have they just given up on the Fantastic Four? I just re-watched the first movie (well some of it anyway) and remembered why I hadn't bothered with it recently. Reed was kind of a moron, Dr. Doom (or whatever) did nothing for me and it just wasn't very exciting. Although I did enjoy seeing Stan Lee as Willie Lumpkin. I think I turned it off soon after that scene.

Fantastic Four is still at Fox. Marvel Studios doesn't have FF, X-Men, Daredevil or Spider-Man currently.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:58:52 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Phase Three? How about we just get through Phase Two first? It's kind of like seeing calendars for 2014 being sold in January, 2013--just seems a little overly optimistic.
CCComics
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:43:29 PM

This is how Hollywood works, especially with Marvel Studios trying to integrate their whole universe. These movies have to be planned well in advance, first to get the scripts settled, then to secure the actors and coordinate their schedules as they have to change their look and buff up and get stunt training when working on action flicks. They're contracted to appear in other movies so scheduling is very tight. And then you have to take what's shot and go through post production working in all the effects and such. CGI may be advanced but it still takes a lot of time, especially when these movies are almost 3 hours long. Many of the Phase Two movies are already shot or in the process of being shot.

I just can't wait for DC to get into gear and join the fray!
Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:07:05 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CCComics wrote:
This is how Hollywood works, especially with Marvel Studios trying to integrate their whole universe. These movies have to be planned well in advance, first to get the scripts settled, then to secure the actors and coordinate their schedules as they have to change their look and buff up and get stunt training when working on action flicks. They're contracted to appear in other movies so scheduling is very tight. And then you have to take what's shot and go through post production working in all the effects and such. CGI may be advanced but it still takes a lot of time, especially when these movies are almost 3 hours long. Many of the Phase Two movies are already shot or in the process of being shot.

I just can't wait for DC to get into gear and join the fray!

I'm not counting on it. I've said it before, but based on the lackluster box office receipts of DC flicks (with the only real exception being the Dark Knight Trilogy), I don't think Warner Brothers is interested in being the DC Movie Factory.

Marvel Studios, on the other hand, have no other reason to exist.
ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:34:33 PM

While its not Marvel or DC I'm kinda stoked about the upcoming Hercules movie starring Dewayne Johnson.Its taken from the Radical comic mini.

CCComics
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:26:19 AM

Hmmm... I see it totally differently. I just assumed with DC Comics becoming a division of the LA based DC Entertainment and the shuffling of Diane Nelson within Warner's Studios to being President, DC was going for it. I just think there's too much money to be made for DC to just not make a lot of movies, all the while owning the licenses as well. There will be another Green Lantern, Justice League is gearing up and Superman is ready to go.

I think Disney also realized the value of the license for comic book heroes in their purchase of Marvel and not just for comics or lunchboxes.

I guess only time will tell.
Mchl0127
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 5:40:32 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

It would be nice if Disney and Marvel would start doing straight to video movies. Give some of us 'What if' movies straight from all the series. Spider-girl, so they can merchandise. Hell, maybe marvel should do their epic annual storylines in a movie form and leave the damn books alone.
CCComics
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:22:15 PM

Yeah or at least some good cartoons. DC definitely has the market cornered on that front. I'd love to see some What If cartoons.

Regarding Iron Man 3, with the announcement of some of the toys that will tie in with the movie, now we have to wonder if he will meet up with the Guardians. Could be cool.