Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
No Justice League Until 2021?!?! Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:00:09 PM

Groups: Member

This does not bode well for the DC Movieverse:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rumors-have-justice-league-delayed-until-after-2017-the-batman-reboot-and-a-man-of-steel-sequel

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:59:10 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

There is a Justice League movie, there isn't a Justice League movie, there is, there isn't...how long are we gonna do this dance? There's been rumors about this movie since after Batman Forever was released.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:29:15 AM

While I would like to see this happen, I just don't think it will. DC can't seem to get their (banned)e together. I'd rather no JL movie than a rushed half-@$$ed one just because Marvel is doing team movies.

DC needs to get their legs under them first. Relaunch Batman (again), Superman (again) and establish Wonder Woman and Flash as vital characters and see how it goes from there. Or better yet, stick to the animated stuff. They're kicking Marvel's arse on that end. Maybe an animated theatrical release? I'm just spit-balling here...

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
fenix1977
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:47:25 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

At this point it just seems like DC/Warner will never be on the same page. Marvel beat them to the punch in showing how this can be done and done right. There is so much source material out there for a good JL movie that DC has no excuse why they can't adapt something into a solid script.

Mad Bloggings

icarus201
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:52:29 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

fenix1977 wrote:
At this point it just seems like DC/Warner will never be on the same page. Marvel beat them to the punch in showing how this can be done and done right. There is so much source material out there for a good JL movie that DC has no excuse why they can't adapt something into a solid script.

DC should hedge their bets. Instead of gambling millions on trying to build an ongoing franchise like Avengers, they should adapt something substantial and non-canon like Kingdom Come, for instance. Get some established "character actors" signed up for a one-shot as we don't have to worry about them being young 'n' good-looking enough to carry the roles for years more.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:02:26 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Didn't anyone like Jonah Hex? Oh, that's right...

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:46:11 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Rolling on the Floor Man, I so tried.
teh_longinator
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:59:55 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

It's my experience that any movie that puts Megan Fox into a role, and expects her to act, is doomed to fail.

On the topic of the Justice League movie, I would much rather them take a decade to do it right than have them make it and have it blow.

Since they're trying to do what Marvel did, let's use them as an example. How long did it take for them to build up to the Avengers, again? First clip hinting at it was in Iron Man, no? 2008. It took Marvel FOUR YEARS to get this movie together, and probably only because they had most (if not all) of the required movies planned already.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:21:38 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

teh_longinator wrote:
On the topic of the Justice League movie, I would much rather them take a decade to do it right than have them make it and have it blow.

How long does it take?! The Justice League movie has been in the "talks" stage since after Batman Forever came over. 2 1/2 decades is a bit ridiculous.

teh_longinator
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:20:32 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

How long does it take?! The Justice League movie has been in the "talks" stage since after Batman Forever came over. 2 1/2 decades is a bit ridiculous.

That it is. But "in the talks" and "in action" are two entirely different things. They had no real reason to put the talk into action before Marvel proved it was possible.

The Justice League movie talk now is to movies what Marvel NOW was to New52 :P. Marvel did Avengers, now DC needs to do something...

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 12:47:00 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I've said it before and I'll say it again--Warner Brothers has no interest in being the DC Comics Movie Factory. They've had too many misfires and disappointments to keep dumping money into these movies.

With that being said, I do believe that the upcoming Man of Steel film is probably the most important DC movie to ever come out. Important because I feel that the success or failure of this movie will determine the future of all DC comics properties for some years to come. Besides Man of Steel, there really are no other properties in active development leading to anything concrete.

If Man of Steel fails, say goodbye to DC flicks for the near future. Batman may get a pass, though--maybe.