Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Buyers - How Do You Shop? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 12:44:41 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I would like to pose this question to the CCL Buyers: How do you shop?

What draws you into a particular store and what helps keep you there?

Do you navigate with Store Shelves and if so, how specific do you like the shelves? Broad categories, more general or somewhere in-between?

Do you look at Store Ratings, not just the numbers, but the comments? Does this influence you one way or the other?

Do you read the About Us page and does that have any effect on whether you choose that store?

Do you primarily use the Wish List or do you browse randomly?

I don't want this to sound like a survey, but I am interested in what you think. I am always looking for a way to improve my store and I'm sure the vast majority of the Sellers on this site do as well.

Anything that I didn't mention that you think may be helpful would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you,
Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:15:30 PM

Groups: Member

I look at the ratings. Particularly the villain ratings and see what it was. If its repetitive and its pretty bad I'll avoid them. But in general I use the wish list. If I can snag most of the books I'm looking for and shipping is reasonable they got a sale. I also look at the about us and everything on the tabs pretty much to see how involved with the community they are. But over all its selection. If they have the hard to find books hell yeah. I don't care about the 20 copies young blood for .50 cents.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 1:58:36 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Usually my first draw to a store is if they have something in my wish list. Once to the store, I will look at the seller's ratings, and look to see why someone gave them a Mortal/Villain rating. If that checks out, I then check all their tabs (About Us, Shipping, etc.). If their shipping rates are crazy high or something in the description of the store doesn't sound right to me, I will usually try to find that book somewhere else. I may make an exception if it's a book I have been looking for all over and they are the only ones that have it.
Pretty much the only other thing that would bring me to a store is if they have the new issues of more than one of the ongoing series I am collecting for a reasonable price once you include shipping. This is more rare for me since I can usually get them from my local store for less than I can through this site once you add on shipping.
I will return to a store if I had a previous good experience with them and am more willing to spend a little more with them than a store I am completely unsure of.
b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:46:43 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Here is what I do. I try to find a store that has the most books on my wishlist that are priced good & either has a decent free shipping (spend 20 to 30) or decent shipping prices. I like to get the most bang for my buck. Like everyone else I check feedback
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 3:05:51 PM

I generally do the same. First I go to the Store Locator http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/StoreLocator.aspx and sort by Wishlist. Then I take a look at the stores feedback and if its good I'll enter the store and click on the On My Wishlist link and start adding to cart.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:19:17 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Here is what I do. I try to find a store that has the most books on my wishlist that are priced good & either has a decent free shipping (spend 20 to 30) or decent shipping prices. I like to get the most bang for my buck. Like everyone else I check feedback

Pretty much the same thing I do.

4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:48:55 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:

MoonKnight1 wrote:

I'm not so much of a loyal customer as I am a bargain hunter. The thing that keeps me coming back to the stores I shop at is that they keep on having comics I want to buy at the price I want to pay.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you navigate with Store Shelves and if so, how specific do you like the shelves? Broad categories, more general or somewhere in-between?

I don't usually look at shelves, as I can generally see what I want from a store by looking at my WishList items.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you look at Store Ratings, not just the numbers, but the comments? Does this influence you one way or the other?

I find that stores that have less than stellar ratings usually are in that boat for a reason. I try to keep up with things in the community, though, so if a store has tried to make ammends for previous bad service there's a chance I might buy from them. Cloud City is a perfect example. I had bought from them a few times and they were pretty slow but I always got my books eventually. When things got really bad for them, I was hesitant to place another order until the owner said he was trying to turn things around. After that, I waited a bit to see how their feedback was doing. After seeing they had a couple of pages of all positive feedback, I went ahead and placed another order with them and was very pleased.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you read the About Us page and does that have any effect on whether you choose that store?

Sometimes I do if it's a store I haven't bought from before.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:55:29 PM

yeah if i find a book i've been searching hell and hich water over for and the shipping is right then game on i.e. i've been looking for ferals #1A for months and didn't want to pay 10 bucks pluse some retarded 10 bucks in shipping for one book. then i found it on here for a buck and shipping was 3 or 5 bucks for shipping up to 2 books so i got that and onther book he had on my wish list. for me the shipping has to justify getting whatever amount of books i'm looking for. dunno if that made sense... it did in my head lol

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:07:58 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

This is usually the order for me:

1. First I compare prices for a book or series I'm looking for.

2. I check out the lowest priced offers.

3. Once in a CCL store, I check the shipping rates.

4. I then check the feedback rating of the seller.

If it's well priced, and shipping doesn't cost and arm and leg; then it's a good find for me. But if the rating of the seller is bad, then it's a no go even if they meet the first 2 criteria.

Brett's Comic Pile was a favorite of mine before they left CCL. Bamf's is a good shop. Blue Moon Comics is another favorite of mine. I used to frequent Alpha Comics a lot, too. But I've mostly picked through his inventory to point that I have trouble finding what I want now. (Not that he has a small inventory, it's quite large IMO, it's just that I shopped there a lot so it no longer is good for my particular wishlist.)

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:13:56 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
This is usually the order for me:

1. First I compare prices for a book or series I'm looking for.

2. I check out the lowest priced offers.

3. Once in a CCL store, I check the shipping rates.

4. I then check the feedback rating of the seller.

If it's well priced, and shipping doesn't cost and arm and leg; then it's a good find for me. But if the rating of the seller is bad, then it's a no go even if they meet the first 2 criteria.

Brett's Comic Pile was a favorite of mine before they left CCL. Bamf's is a good shop. Blue Moon Comics is another favorite of mine. I used to frequent Alpha Comics a lot, too. But I've mostly picked through his inventory to point that I have trouble finding what I want now. (Not that he has a small inventory, it's quite large IMO, it's just that I shopped there a lot so it no longer is good for my particular wishlist.)

+1 i loved bretts comic pile and thats basically the sheme i go through as well

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:26:40 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Who ever has cheapest comics! I generally stay away from stores that dont offer free shipping, but sometimes will use them if prices are way way cheaper then competition.

MoonKnight1 wrote:

I dont really use, I know what comics I need and only search for those.

MoonKnight1 wrote:

honestly even though I have been burned 3 times I almost never read them, lol.

MoonKnight1 wrote:

never read

MoonKnight1 wrote:

My problem with the wishlist is I get about 60% of my comics elsewhere and a few times I have forgotten to remove comics from wishlist after buying elsewhere and bought duplicates here when they popped up. So I pretty much pulled everything but super rare HTF spidey books.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:28:38 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Oh yeah, to add to my original post: Yes, I use my wishlist feature, A LOT. It really scales down the amount of books to sift through.

The store shelves I really don't use so much. The wishlist feature just works better for me.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:35:08 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I strictly shop by Wish List.
It's an excellent tool that I think is under-rated/under-utilized by most members (based on comments I've seen in the forums).

Then: I'd go to my Wish List and hit up my 'priority' items to see who had the most at the best prices.
Now: Click on "Store Locator", click the "Wish List" column header, click it a second time to resort descending (p.i.t.a BTW) and that's pretty much it for me.
Usually whoever is at the top of the list (i.e. whoever has the most stuff on my list) gets my $$$$.

I don't "browse" for comics - I know what I want and I seek it out.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Flagwaver
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:59:28 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I definitely use my wishlist to shop. I have basically gone through and added nearly every book I would every want to my wishlist, thereby separating the wheat from the chaff. Because of this, I have no need to look at shelves. I have also gone through the entire list of stores and added the ones I would be interested in buying from to my favorites. I have only added those stores who have free shipping on orders of $25 or less, plus a few with relatively low shipping charges of less than $5. I do look at ratings to see what the most recent experiences are and will exclude stores that strike me as having poor customer service. I also exclude stores that generally charge more for their books, as well as ones that seem to mostly have books in the lower grades. I try to get my books in the best condition possible for the least amount of money.
Reggie
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 10:06:55 PM

ukblueky wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

Pretty much the same thing I do.

Exactly. Same here.

Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 1:21:41 AM

I shop by wishlist, and I, too, have added damn near every book I could ever want. I do wish that I could order the wantlist by relevance. For instance, I have a long run of Action on my wantlist, because of Supergirl back-up stories. But I'm in no hurry to pick them up, and it means I have to wade through 3-4 pages of Action Comics listings. :)

I don't bother with store shelves that often. Occasionally, a variant cover shelf, just to see if there's anything cool. But very, very rarely.

I do look for free shipping options that are reasonable (to me). $20-40, reasonable. $75-100+, no gonna bother, most of the time. And I absolutely refuse to shop with anybody that tacks on an additional cost per book. Flat shipping rates only.
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:08:41 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Like many (and like all probably should for efficiency's sake), I'm driven by my WishList. Who has the most on it, with reasonable shipping (preferably free after some dollar threshold and absolutely no per item additional charges), with reasonable prices (no, I will not shop your store if your lowest price is $2.59 for 90s Image and Valiant comics).

Quote:

Proven service will make me repeat business. Not trying to bribe me because you're too big to do things right the first or second time, etc..

Quote:

As a seller, I've been wondering this too. I set up shelves at the beginning and my OCD doesn't let me not file stuff on them, but I'm convinced no one looks at them and it's a waste of my time.

I shop based on WishList, so it's very rare I click a shelf because I just don't browse.

Quote:

I do look at ratings for any possible new purchase. If there are multiple villains I see how recent they are and what the complaints are. Usually they are sound enough reasons that I don't shop that store.

Quote:

Almost never.

Quote:

As previously noted, I'm a Wish List person with 1300+ items. I don't have time to waste browsing.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:19:19 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

as soon as any book / item pops up on my radar, it goes on my wishlist. then i sort by wishlist, and check what stores have the most on my wishlist.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Do you navigate with Store Shelves?

usually no, because what i'm searching for will show on my wishlist sort.
on the occasion i'm looking for a variant or action figure that isn't on my wishlist, i'll use the shelf

MoonKnight1 wrote:

always.

MoonKnight1 wrote:

by the time i've decided that a particular store has enough of what i want at the right prices & condition with favorable feedback, i'll read over the store tabs to check shipping, etc. if i'm close to the 'free shipping' limit, i may call the store to see if they'll work with me. i've had good & bad experiences with this.

pottersan
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:35:12 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:

I used to frequent Alpha Comics a lot, too. But I've mostly picked through his inventory to point that I have trouble finding what I want now. (Not that he has a small inventory, it's quite large IMO, it's just that I shopped there a lot so it no longer is good for my particular wishlist.)

Send me that wish list and I'll take care of that!

Back on topic, I ten to go back to the stores I have saved as favorites.

For time reasons, I usually just shop by my wish list.

I'm always open to try new stores if the price is right.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:04:47 AM

inhumanking wrote:
as soon as any book / item pops up on my radar, it goes on my wishlist...
and wasting hours of my time randomly browsing the stores here is NOT how something pops up on my radar.
PREVIEWS, the new items on the shelf at the LCS, word of mouth, even topics in the forums - all yes.
browsing through somebody's random mess? NO.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?