Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Order missing items: How log do you give seller to respond? Options
kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:58:13 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Received and order the other day,
1. It was 3 books short, with no communication from the seller.
2. The missing books were the ones I built the order around, meaning, I wanted those books to continue reading a series, and added the others just to meet the free shipping conditions.

How long is a reasonable time for the seller to respond?...I sell here, and am online pretty much all the time, but I really figured a seller should at least check their messages once a day? What do you think...
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:13:58 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

If it had been my store I would have replied as soon as I saw your PM. Has it been more than a day? Is this a Seller that you have used before? It also may have something to do with Easter weekend, maybe they're busy with family?

I would try again to contact the Seller, hopefully it can be worked out.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

red_k_comics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:27:32 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm surprised they didn't message you and let you know the books were missing before they even sent the order.

kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:32:49 AM

Yeah, and honestly any time that I don't have a book that I say i do for whatever reason, I get with that buyer first to see if they want to cancel the entire order. Possibly, the book they really wanted was the one I can't provide...Yeah, I have never used this seller before, first time, it has been almost 24 hours since contact, I mean I figure 3 days is pretty fair...personally I think that is too long, but will prob give 3 days before i escalate with paypal...
red_k_comics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:14:54 AM

Shop at My Store

Does it show that they've read your message?

kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:37:20 AM

Doesn't show as "unread", so i assume that means they have seen it...?
red_k_comics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:59:46 AM

Shop at My Store

That's exactly what that means. If they've taken the time to read it, they should have taken the time to at least say "Sorry about the missing books, let me look into it". If they haven't responded after reading it, I definitely wouldn't give them more than a day to respond before escalating it.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:24:17 PM

Shop at My Store

Doesn't sound good. What does their feedback look like?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:35:31 PM

Shop at My Store

Wow, you guys are quick to drop the hammer. Yeah it's a screw up but I would give it a couple days then send another message. If after another few days there's no response & the message has been read then obviously the seller doesn't really care. Look at their feedback, if it's pretty bad then this is probably a pattern, if it's good then I would give the seller a little extra time, he/she may have had a personal crisis.

Filing a claim is a little nasty & a last resort. You have 45 days from the sale date, I've filed 6 or 7 over the years & I usually wait until day 30 or so.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

Tamwood
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:04:13 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Communication is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. With that said, I also think it depends on the day that you send the message.

Weekends ... can be iffy. Saturdays can be busy, if it's a B/M store, and a lot of places are closed Sunday. This, especially, coupled with this past Sunday being Easter.

Wednesdays are evil, for a B/M store. I wouldn't expect any reply to a message sent on Wednesday.

I had a store on here do that to me, too. I received the order on Friday, and it had an incorrect book. I sent them a message right away, and didn't hear anything back. On Tuesday, I sent another one, and got a really sharp reply. If they'd simply sent the "Sorry, let me look into it" reply, everything would have been fine.
kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 3:30:27 PM

Seller has 140+ Heros, 3 mortals

Item received yesterday, message immediately sent, and as we have established it has been read or at least clicked on.

Sent another email today around 11, that one is still unread...

I appreciate everyone's feedback, and I won't be dropping the hammer too quickly, my concern is really with the lack of communication when the books weren't included to begin with. At the end of the day we are talking less than $5 in books, but like i said those were the ones I really wanted, so want to close out this issue to determine if I need to buy them from someone else...

On another note, I proudly made the top 10 buyers for this month, I saw my name on there yesterday, With Curious goods going out of business I have spent way more this month on back issues than I normally do. However I looked today and my name no longer appears in the top 10, I was #6 yesterday, and thought I would be there for a month...any idea why this happened?, again no biggy, I just thought it was cool to make the list...
comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:48:29 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

kevscomics wrote:
Seller has 140+ Heros, 3 mortals

Item received yesterday, message immediately sent, and as we have established it has been read or at least clicked on.

Sent another email today around 11, that one is still unread...

I appreciate everyone's feedback, and I won't be dropping the hammer too quickly, my concern is really with the lack of communication when the books weren't included to begin with. At the end of the day we are talking less than $5 in books, but like i said those were the ones I really wanted, so want to close out this issue to determine if I need to buy them from someone else...

On another note, I proudly made the top 10 buyers for this month, I saw my name on there yesterday, With Curious goods going out of business I have spent way more this month on back issues than I normally do. However I looked today and my name no longer appears in the top 10, I was #6 yesterday, and thought I would be there for a month...any idea why this happened?, again no biggy, I just thought it was cool to make the list...
That means you slipped out of the top ten by the end of the month. Now you have to start all over again for April. Good luck.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:03:06 PM

Shop at My Store

To crack the top 10 buyers you have to spend about $700 for the month, no small task.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:44:44 PM

Groups: Member

CrossbowComics wrote:
To crack the top 10 buyers you have to spend about $700 for the month, no small task.
holy crap 700 bucks in a month on comics??? my wife would have my balls!

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

ebcomix
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:03:49 PM

Shop at My Store

don't tell her...
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:14:52 PM

lol i wish. i just bring home the bacon. she oversees it

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:39:30 PM

Shop at My Store

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

I hate to break it to you but she...........oh forget it.

Back to the original topic, if it's the seller I'm thinking, I've made a few purchases, very happy with the books but no communication (although none was really needed). He sells a lot of books, definitely give him a couple days to respond.

Kingsman
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:54:51 PM

I usually wait 48-hours for a response. If I do not receive a response from the original message, I send a second message. After another 48-hours of having no response, then I contact the Steve or the appropriate contacts outside the seller. Luckily, I have only needed to reach Steve once on CCL . . . but had to contact the proper people multiple times on that "popular auction website".
dunleavy75
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:41:06 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
[quote=CrossbowComics]To crack the top 10 buyers you have to spend about $700 for the month, no small task.

I hate to break it to you but she...........oh forget it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:04:00 PM

Shop at My Store

Hey Kevin,
Did things get worked out?

Hall Liquidations