Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Defiance Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:32:04 PM

Groups: Member

2-hour premier last Monday (04/15). I know there was a lot going on that day with the Boston bombings but did anyone check it out? I finally caught it over the weekend, and while there was some predictability, I rather quite enjoyed it. Anyone else?

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
MER
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 10:47:59 PM

I FINALLY saw a tv spot for it. It looks pretty interesting, so I'll have to check it out.

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 10:51:15 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I thought it was an awesome sci-fi show. A serious approach with a good budget and a story to tell. REAL sci-fi on the SyFy channel, imagine that.

I am not involved in the MMO part of it, and I enjoyed the pilot a lot and didn't feel lost whatsoever. So I don't think the game part is required to keep up with the series.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Nate77
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:11:04 AM

I liked it, but it was really really predictable. I don't know if i just watch too much t.v., but the second the sheriff went down in the bar i knew he'd take the job sooner or later. Not to mention the fight scene with the Bio-man there was no way he was gonna lose that fight. Don't get me wrong great show, but they need to try a little harder with the formula.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:15:20 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm with Nate77 - very predictable/formula.
But still entertaining. We recorded the 'catch-up marathon' last weekend and have been watching the eps this week.
Our piece of $h!t DVR (banned)ed up twice during the pilot, so we missed some stuff, but nothing too important it would seem as we were still able follow easily enough.
Some of the FX shots are a bit cheezy, I'm wondering if they aren't using footage from the game for some of that stuff.
I like it - which means SyFy will probably cancel it...

Is anybody here playing the game? It looks intriguing, but I'm not much for RPG stuff.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:46:42 PM

People that aren't watching Definance, are missing a helluva sci-fi show. And despite people wanting to compare it to Firefly, it's really NOTHING alike other than it taking place in the future. And Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek TNG) does a helluva job as his character Day-Tak (not sure if that's how it's spelled, just trying to get the pronunciation right).

The characters, the tension between the alien races, the layers of subterfuge happening, and the city itself are becoming more fleshed out and building towards something big.

The end of every episode keeps me wanting more.

Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:57:27 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
People that aren't watching Definance, are missing a helluva sci-fi show. And despite people wanting to compare it to Firefly, it's really NOTHING alike other than it taking place in the future. And Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek TNG) does a helluva job as his character Day-Tak (not sure if that's how it's spelled, just trying to get the pronunciation right).

The characters, the tension between the alien races, the layers of subterfuge happening, and the city itself are becoming more fleshed out and building towards something big.

I like it. It is better than a lot of other sci-fi stuff out there.

However, Datak Tarr is played by a Scottish actor, Tony Curran, not Brent Spiner.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:57:43 PM

Spider-Man wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

I like it. It is better than a lot of other sci-fi stuff out there.

However, Datak Tarr is played by a Scottish actor, Tony Curran, not Brent Spiner.

I just got corrected on this. I would have bet money it was Brent Spiner, too. Either way, I love the character.

Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 8:35:07 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
And despite people wanting to compare it to Firefly, it's really NOTHING alike other than it taking place in the future.

Are they saying that because maybe it's that good? FF is one of my all-time-favs.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:39:59 PM

Shizz wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
And despite people wanting to compare it to Firefly, it's really NOTHING alike other than it taking place in the future.

Are they saying that because maybe it's that good? FF is one of my all-time-favs.

Oh yeah, Firefly is an excellent series.

But a lot people are trying to say Defiance is just trying to rip-off Firefly, when they have little in common.

fenix1977
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:33:15 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I have yet to be let down by an episode. I love that Graham Greene is on the show and I would watch it just for him.

Mad Bloggings

Nate77
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 12:34:04 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
Shizz wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Oh yeah, Firefly is an excellent series.

But a lot people are trying to say Defiance is just trying to rip-off Firefly, when they have little in common.

The only thing in common i see, is that it is a scifi western. Like Firefly, thats it.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 12:55:57 PM

fenix1977 wrote:
I have yet to be let down by an episode. I love that Graham Greene is on the show and I would watch it just for him.

Watch the episode that had the guy from Stargate Universe as a time-lost astronaut. That was my favorite, so far.

fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 3:58:51 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:

Watch the episode that had the guy from Stargate Universe as a time-lost astronaut. That was my favorite, so far.

That was a fantastic episode!

Mad Bloggings

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:10:35 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm late to the party but you all piqued my interest. Watched the first show last night and I thought it was great. More importantly, the girlfriend liked it. A lot of shows I have to watch by myself because she's not into a lot of the same types of shows I like. Sad

So, this is a video game too? What came first - the show or the game?

I like the special effects, pretty good for basic cable! Some of the aliens don't look too alien, however!Raised Eyebrow

I'll be sure to keep watching. Should be able to catch up in a week or two.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 2:03:17 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I'm late to the party but you all piqued my interest. Watched the first show last night and I thought it was great. More importantly, the girlfriend liked it. A lot of shows I have to watch by myself because she's not into a lot of the same types of shows I like. Sad

So, this is a video game too? What came first - the show or the game?

I like the special effects, pretty good for basic cable! Some of the aliens don't look too alien, however!Raised Eyebrow

I'll be sure to keep watching. Should be able to catch up in a week or two.

Both the video game and the show run concurrently (It's a massively-multiplayer online game). Events in the show can affect the game, and events in the game can affect the show.

As confusing as that may sound, I've never even seen the game let alone played it, and I follow along with the T.V. show with no problem at all.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 11:41:21 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Almost caught up, only two shows behind!

I have noticed the Firefly similarity but it seems only superficial at best. There was a character who looked a lot like Mal and you have the "Happy Hooker" like Firefly's Companion - Inara. Totally different show otherwise.

What is the back story? I've gathered some of it but I'm not too sure about some specifics. Obviously a bunch of aliens showed up and there was some type of war, Earth was terraformed and settled by a half dozen or so alien races. Some of whom may or may not be totally kosher.

Is everyone now trapped on the planet? It looks like there is a ton of wreckage in Near Earth Orbit and there seems to be a sizeable force of the bad aliens (Vulge?) still active.

Very interesting show and is dealing with a lot of real world issues as well. I didn't know the Scyfy Channel could do it!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Shogun684
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 5:09:54 PM

I love this show. Its one of my favorate shows on right now. Is anyone play the game?
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 07, 2013 1:09:28 PM

I haven't played the game. But it's an interesting concept. Apparantly things that happen on the show affect the game, and the game can also affect events in the show.

But I've heard others that have played, aren't that impressed by it.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:27:41 PM

***SEASON FINALE SPOILERS AHEAD!***

NO NEW EPISODES UNTIL JUNE 2014?! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! AN ENTIRE YEAR?!

They left EVERYTHING on a cliffhanger:

-What is this power that was unlocked in Irisa?
-Is Stahma going to survive Day'Tak's wrath?
-What is Day'Tak going to do about the incoming Earth Alliance force? (you know he isn't just going to let this betrayal happen with his ego.)
-How the hell did Nolan and Sukar come back to life?
-Is Kenya really dead? (we never saw a body or a definite death, just getting poisoned which for all we know could have been a paralytic only)

By the time a year rolls around, I'll have forgotten most of that. Why the hell are they waiting so long?