Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Jupiter's Legacy Options
kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:27:26 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I hear this one is really good, Anybody picking this one up today?...I am looking forward to checking it out
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:09:42 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

A new Image book? Yeah, everybody will be picking this one up.

And then resell it on ebay.
kevscomics
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:11:39 PM

Shop at My Store

R u gonna at least read it first?, lol
Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:25:26 PM

Groups: Member

It's on my list. I hope there are some left when I go to my LCS tomorrow.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:39:27 PM

Shop at My Store

kevscomics wrote:
I hear this one is really good, Anybody picking this one up today?...I am looking forward to checking it out

Thanks for the head's up!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:22:51 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I can't... Frank Quitely's work is horrible.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:53:01 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

crackerjack1 wrote:
I can't... Frank Quitely's work is horrible.

Applause

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:00:23 AM

Shop at My Store

Other than seeing some covers that he has done, I am honestly not sure if I have ever read anything that he did the art on, so fresh open mind here...I will let u know about the art when I read it...
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:06:12 AM

Shop at My Store

I consider myself quite the novice when it comes to comic book knowledge, Why all the Quitely hate? I think I read some where before that he draws settings well, but people/characters not so well? Any truth to that? Just wondering, this isn't the first time I have heard negative comments about his art...Thanks
padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:21:47 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

For me, it's in the faces. I just don't like the way he draws them...every single one looks exactly the same. His run with Grant Morrison on New X-Men was one of the worst runs in X-Men history, IMO.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:26:08 AM

the first time i saw Quitely's art it was off-putting... but i was into the Authority and excited about Millar being on the book so i didn't let the art dissuade me;

eventually i grew to like it, and enjoyed All-Star Superman and the Earth 2 GN.

i can see how it's not for everyone... i'm just a little (not a lot) surprised that people are willing to pass on a potentially great story because of the art.

i hate most of Alan Davis's stuff, but i'm giving the new Wolverine a shot.

back on topic, i ordered Jupiter's Legacy #1 (comes in this weekend) and if it's good i'll pick up the trade.
crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:36:02 AM

inhumanking wrote:
the first time i saw Quitely's art it was off-putting... but i was into the Authority and excited about Millar being on the book so i didn't let the art dissuade me;

eventually i grew to like it, and enjoyed All-Star Superman and the Earth 2 GN.

i can see how it's not for everyone... i'm just a little (not a lot) surprised that people are willing to pass on a potentially great story because of the art.

i hate most of Alan Davis's stuff, but i'm giving the new Wolverine a shot.

back on topic, i ordered Jupiter's Legacy #1 (comes in this weekend) and if it's good i'll pick up the trade.

I really like Mark Millar, but the art can take you completely out of a story. I see no appeal in Quitely's work. His X-Men and All-Star Superman were terrible. He heads/faces are horrible.

*SIDE NOTE: I like Alan Davis and tried the new Wolverine, but Cornell took me right off this book before the end of the first issue. We get it Wolverine is a SUPER HERO...

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
kevscomics
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:10:52 AM

Shop at My Store

Read this last night, I am intrigued...and honestly don't have a problem with the faces. I guess I haven't seen enough quitely stuff...but I thought it was a pretty good 1st issue.
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:22:57 AM

I like the first issue of Jupiter's Legacy. I really don't have a problem with Quitely's art (I, too, hate Alan Davis). I can totally understand, however, how people can miss a potentially good story because of horrible art.

I was really excited about the "Gauntlet" story from Amazing a couple years ago. Written by Mark Waid. And people said it was a great story, but the art looked like it was drawn by a 5-year-old with crayons. Couldn't read it.

I have a problem with Steve Dillon's faces. THOSE are all the same.
kevscomics
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:26:45 AM

Shop at My Store

Totally agree on dillon's faces...preacher=punisher=redhulk in new thunderbolts
Smallville95
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:11:07 PM

Wow didn't know there was a lot of hate for Frank Quitely....I personally really love his art especially All Star Superman :)

Madness is like gravity...all you need is a little push!
kevscomics
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:42:41 PM

Shop at My Store

Honestly, in my limited exp, the only person that I have heard more negativity about than quitely is liefeld, lol
wpmcclure
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 3:41:49 PM

Why does this one have so many covers? Find it odd that it has 4 regular covers...

Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:34:04 PM

wpmcclure wrote:
Why does this one have so many covers? Find it odd that it has 4 regular covers...

Have you seen Ten Grand yet? I picked it up today and realized there are 6 different covers for this book. And as far as I can tell no distinguishing marks - only an artist credit on the inside cover. I picked up the Templesmith and the Sienkiewicz covers. But I think Charismagic #1 takes the top prize with 21 variant covers!

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:36:23 PM

Shop at My Store

Shadowdodger wrote:
Have you seen Ten Grand yet?

How as that one? I thought about picking it up, but figured I'd wait to see what the verdict on it was.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).