Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
How has CCL changed your collecting habits? Options
punisherfan1138
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:19:17 PM
Groups: Member

I did something today I've never done in my tenure here at CCL. Today when I got home from my LCS, rather than my ritual of adding my new comics to my notebook, and then to my spreadsheet...I opted to add them only to my CCL account. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I've never done that before. I might nix my note book and spreadsheet all together, but not quite yet.

Thank you CCL, for simplifying my nerdiness.Nerd
a_Kid_4_life
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 8:25:07 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

When I started it was for the fact that I tried to maintain a check list on a home made db, but it was not working out. So once I got my titles added, then graded their condition I thought I was done. Well now the fact is I have filled gaps in my main titles and have realy gotten fixed to put all my comics in the system! Now when I get a book I end up reading it that day and running through the process of adding it to the db if needed. I had books that I didn't even care about, I just put them away with no order or filing system at all. Now every book has it's place and I found out I had about 1000 more then I thought! I even started to look at their value (not important before) only to find out I missed some key issues by like 3 issues after I stoped buy the title. Mainly I find myself going through my books with a fine tooth comb, and putting as much info as I can into CCL, I even look for scans to fill holes in the db. I also have found extra issues to sell & unwanted issues that can go too. The only drawback if that I started to enter price paid , and it was way more then I thought it was! So I have to justify my spending to myself ( I tell my gf it's half of what it is) and she thinks it's to much. I am also well know by the post office. Overall I am more avid about collecting then ever before!
ooskiss13579
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2008 10:35:21 PM

Well recently as in yesterday I started looking at action figures this was the first time I have ever thought about buying them and Through the site I've found many cool ones like the omac and supernova which are both in one of my favorite comic books!!!!!
Capekiller
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2008 11:03:30 PM

I'd love to get into action figures and statues, but I think that would be the straw that brook the camel's back when it came to my wife. She barely tolerate dthe comics....

remycs
Posted: Monday, August 04, 2008 10:21:33 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

For the past five years or so, my travel/work schedule and lack of a nearby LCS caused my collecting habits to go on autopilot. I'd get a monthly box of new issues, pull a couple to read, and stow the rest. I was pretty much disinterested in what was going on in general.

I finally got a break from travel, and started looking at software to catalog the thousands of issues I'd built up. I found CCL, and the rest is history!

I'd planned on just organizing my collection; little did I know that would take six months AND that I'd spend hours per day and entire weekends submitting Change Requests and goofing around on the forums.

I've filled lots of holes in my collection (some issues I've been looking for for years, plus holes I didn't know I had) and made some great online friends. I'm more excited about the comics scene than I've been in years!

Ferndale7
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2008 11:41:05 PM

I appreciate the hobby even more and willing to try more titles.
Dragondragonfly
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:00:16 PM

I am still plugging away trying to enter all of our comics. So why does my husband own 2 full runs of Rom? Did you all know that I found MORE comics in another closet? Why did I quit bagging and boarding my comics 4 years ago. I know this says something about my family, I just don't know what yet.Wall

Life is short, Read.....
yourfriendandy
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:32:41 PM

In response to the question the thread title asks, it hasn't.

No Mac app.

: (

... But I'm told it's on the way...

; )
jonhagy2000
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2008 1:01:08 AM

I used to buy lots on e-bay a lot until CCL. Now I can go to stres and look through my wish list stuff that each store has and only buy what I need. I really like that because I don't have to get doubles of stuff all the time.
twl7569
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 9:07:59 AM

Basically, it's changed my way of collections in 2 ways-
The main thing is now I am a variant whore. I'm pretty frugal typically, but if I can get a new varaiant cover at my LCS I seriously consider it.
Also I do most of my back issue shopping here. The store setup is fantastic- I can get whatever issue I want, cheaper than eBay, especially when you consider shipping.

I'm kinda (banned) the service is gonna cost money now.Shame on You

YNWA

Pull List & Subscriptions: (Ongoings Only)
Angel & Faith, Buffy Season 9, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern New Guardians, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Red Lanterns, Hellblazer, House of Mystery, Northlanders, Unwritten, Avengers, Avengers Academy, Captain America, Captain America & Bucky, Deadpool, FF, Generation Hope, Invincible Iron Man, Journey Into Mystery, Mighty Thor, New Avengers, New Mutants, Secret Avengers, Thunderbolts, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, X-23, X-Factor, X-Men, X-Men Legacy, Glamourpuss, RASL, Incorruptible, Irredeemable, Soldier Zero, Traveler, Green Hornet
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, November 01, 2008 9:47:37 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

twl7569 wrote:
Basically, it's changed my way of collections in 2 ways-
The main thing is now I am a variant whore. I'm pretty frugal typically, but if I can get a new varaiant cover at my LCS I seriously consider it.
Also I do most of my back issue shopping here. The store setup is fantastic- I can get whatever issue I want, cheaper than eBay, especially when you consider shipping.

I'm kinda (banned) the service is gonna cost money now.Shame on You

Only for data updates. You can still get all the information on those variants from the website and you can still shop as much as you want without paying the subscription fee.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Derkan
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:11:03 AM

I've only been here a few days and I can tell I'll be ordering a lot of back issues from CCL. I still want to support my LCS, but I've noticed I can find nearly anything I'm looking for. At a great price too.

Also, just reading threads on different characters I've never been into has got me looking at new stories.

Needless to say, I'm glad I found this place

The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:15:06 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

I love back issues but the lcs jacks up the prices on them. In fact, every shop I've been to jacks up the prices on back issues. CCL is the place to find issues you need at low prices.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Derkan
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 12:00:16 PM

DrFate wrote:
I love back issues but the lcs jacks up the prices on them. In fact, every shop I've been to jacks up the prices on back issues. CCL is the place to find issues you need at low prices.

I agree, I have a pretty decent example too:

I was browsing at my LCS and found the 01' Green Arrow Vol. 2 series. The first issue alone was 14.99. I found CCL Saturday night, found a lot of issues 1-15, all NM+ for 7.50.

Can't wait til I get them :D

Warlock
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 1:14:17 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I have not only been able to FIND the gaps in my collection, prioritize which ones matter, and then PLUG THEM.

This is the best thing since sliced bread...wait...the wheel.
pk6t9
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2008 12:13:25 PM

I've been collecting for decades now, and I love this software! Tracking books is effortless and saves me from rummaging through short boxes all day long. Comics just have a way of getting into your blood and CCL enhances the habit by leaps and bounds.

Thanks for a great product!
isalazar
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 11:23:59 PM

CCL is good and should be expanded to cover books as well. It would help many to organize their book collection as well, especially in the scifi and fantasy fields with multiple volumes and favorite authors. Would CCL explore this possibility and encourage stores to add softcover to their collections for sale?

pottersan
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2008 12:08:59 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Derkan wrote:
I've only been here a few days and I can tell I'll be ordering a lot of back issues from CCL. I still want to support my LCS, but I've noticed I can find nearly anything I'm looking for. At a great price too.

Also, just reading threads on different characters I've never been into has got me looking at new stories.

Needless to say, I'm glad I found this place

Do what I do, buy all your comics on CCL and use the LCS to buy your bags and boards.

They'll eventually get curious as to why you buy some many supplies but no comics.

My guy figured out that I had bought over 2,000 bags and boards over a few months and ask about me buying comics...

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
jonhagy2000
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:09:55 AM

I would have to say that CCL has really helped me with back issue buying. The LCS I have a folder with doesn't do much in the way of back issues, and what little they have no organization and requires a lot of work with very little result. Since CCL I buy nearly every back issue on CCL. The wishlist makes it easy to go store to store and see who has what your looking for at what price. It takes very little time and I feel I always get the best bang for the buck this way.
jonhagy2000
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:11:28 AM

Another thing CCL has aloud me to do is stop buying duplicates. Even in the rare instance I buy a lot with duplicates in it, I can immediately post them for sell or trade them. I love CCL.