Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Lifelock banner ads on CCL doing naughty thinks... Options
ebcomix
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:50:26 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The past couple of days when the Lifelock banner ads show up on CCL they've been launching a new browser window to the Lifelock site, at least on my computer using Firefox Mozilla. Any chance we can get rid of this annoying tripe?

Dave H
comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:05:21 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

ebcomix wrote:
The past couple of days when the Lifelock banner ads show up on CCL they've been launching a new browser window to the Lifelock site, at least on my computer using Firefox Mozilla. Any chance we can get rid of this annoying tripe?

Dave H
Same thing happening to me. Also on Firefox.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Jim
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:29:13 PM

Groups: Member

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:49:10 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Happened to me last night when I only had the desktop software open - it opened a new IE window.
Then about 2 minutes later my anti-virus freaked the hell out and said something was trying to install itself.
Too damn bad the desktop client is abandon-ware and this place is on permanent cruise control...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:57:55 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Xylob wrote:
Happened to me last night when I only had the desktop software open - it opened a new IE window.
Then about 2 minutes later my anti-virus freaked the hell out and said something was trying to install itself.
Too damn bad the desktop client is abandon-ware and this place is on permanent cruise control...

Sounds like they've got something in the pipeline coming soon, from the teaser images Steve has been showing us.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:17:32 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Xylob wrote:

Sounds like they've got something in the pipeline coming soon, from the teaser images Steve has been showing us.

There is something cool coming soon. As Yoda would say, "Patience!"
Not much longer...

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:50:30 PM

Hilarious!!! I've been hearing that for 6 years guys... how's that for some damned "patience"?

On the "plus" side, as long as I have the software open I keep getting the new pop-up windows and anti-virus freak-outs. YAY!!!! This is a product they expect people to pay them for, right?
(banned) me...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:37:30 PM

Lol
I was going to post about this tonight but guess I was beat. the worst thing is it will continue to pop up as the banner ad rotates. Last night went to eat and left the software up, came home with 33 lifelock windows open. SWEET.................oh wait SUCKS

Now it makes the forum a no go since it pops up here as well. So software is old and outdated and now the forum is a pop up spammer. Guess I will use software less and visit here less and less.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:43:01 PM

No problems on the site, but I only use Firefox with fairly restrictive security settings and NoScript and Adblock Plus plug-ins.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:46:04 PM

Shop at My Store

What's funny is when I was doing some research on comic sites I came across an estimate that based on CCL's traffic, ad revenue would be about $5 a day. If that figure is accurate, these problems don't make sense, stuff needs to be ditched. For the record, I use Firefox version 18 with fairly tight settings & I'm not having any problems.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:10:38 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Like Xylob have been here the same story for the past 6 years. (Hence why I didn't renew) To me it seems Joe gave up on this site & has put all of his time into the new project. (Gaming site)
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:43:15 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
I only use Firefox with... Adblock Plus plug-in.

Same here. Haven't had a banner ad up there in forever. I did just see the Lifelock one flip by on the software, but nothing happened there either.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
crackerjack1
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 6:21:11 AM

It's not just CCL either. It's happening on the comicbookdb site too.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
wpmcclure
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 10:10:04 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Like Xylob have been here the same story for the past 6 years. (Hence why I didn't renew) To me it seems Joe gave up on this site & has put all of his time into the new project. (Gaming site)

That's really sad to hear. I too have heard great things are coming since I signed on. I only pay to catalog my comics, nothing more. I feel like this system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. Such a great idea that has been left sitting on a shelf somewhere. An online swap meet for comics, a place where the line could blur between buyer and seller... Daydreaming

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 10:49:08 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

And THERE'S the Lifelock pop-up. I think my mouse might have gone over it in the software banner to activate the pop-up though.

Regardless, it's horrible and unacceptable.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
comicscastle
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 11:27:47 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
And THERE'S the Lifelock pop-up. I think my mouse might have gone over it in the software banner to activate the pop-up though.

It is also on other sites. If you go to a site and the Lifelock banner is on it you get the redirect to a new window. It is real irritating.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

pottersan
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 11:30:52 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
What's funny is when I was doing some research on comic sites I came across an estimate that based on CCL's traffic, ad revenue would be about $5 a day. If that figure is accurate, these problems don't make sense, stuff needs to be ditched. For the record, I use Firefox version 18 with fairly tight settings & I'm not having any problems.
Google Chrome here...no problems here...

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Xylob
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 11:41:28 PM

You know, in MOST software, if you PAY for it there are NO ADS...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:19:26 AM

Xylob wrote:
You know, in MOST software, if you PAY for it there are NO ADS...

I think thats coming in the 2023 version.

It is seriously starting to piss me off every time I open the forum or my software I get a stupid popup. Now I know how people feel when they go to my blog, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:45:14 AM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:

Same here, I guess I was lucky for a while because today I got it a couple times. At this rate I hope "coming soon" means "really soon".

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33