Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Age of Ultron...A Total Waste Options
killedbydeath67
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:44:03 PM

Groups: Member

I just finished reading Age of Ultron 1-10 + 10.5, I'm sorry I wasted my money on this waste of paper and talent, I shelled out $3.99 per book (ok CCL discounted stuff...[2.59],I even somehow managed to get a duplicate copy of issue 10,...I couldn't believe how bad the story and art were...I love Bendis' work, an Avengers genius...I never liked Bryan Hitch or Carlos Pacheco's artwork, nothing personal, just never appealed to me, the mix of this trio...I could barely get through reading book one never mind the series.

The story was handled so ass backwards,I wasn't sure if I had missed something or not, I don't feel they sufficiently showed a How, What, Why and When for anything that took place...It's bad enough that Doc Ock is Spider-Man now, but to have him come up lame so briefly...(I did pick up SS 6au, wasn't much better than the rest of the AoU story, but was a much easier read),She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Thor...Captain America....Iron Man...how and when did these things happen...

Hank Pym may have been a founding member of the Avengers, but he really didn't have that much of a hand in the overall evolution of the universe...

I think this is a total reflection of what the "Now" universe is doing, I'm really disappointed, I'm glad the Marvel films are doing so well, the books continuity looks like a royal mess to me.

Are they trying to merge the Ultimate Universe with the regular one, if they are...very bad idea, the concepts presented in the Ultimate Universe don't seem to mesh with the regular one and if they aren't looking to do that then why is the Marvel Universe so Disjointed now, I mean i don't see how the A vs X story could've made that much a of a mess of things

Marvel, go back to your old format, get rid of the AR crap and get your universe back in check...Thor, Cap & Iron Man deserve better.Wall
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:59:53 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

killedbydeath67 wrote:
I just finished reading Age of Ultron 1-10 + 10.5, I'm sorry I wasted my money on this waste of paper and talent, I shelled out $3.99 per book (ok CCL discounted stuff...[2.59],I even somehow managed to get a duplicate copy of issue 10,...I couldn't believe how bad the story and art were...I love Bendis' work, an Avengers genius...I never liked Bryan Hitch or Carlos Pacheco's artwork, nothing personal, just never appealed to me, the mix of this trio...I could barely get through reading book one never mind the series.

The story was handled so ass backwards,I wasn't sure if I had missed something or not, I don't feel they sufficiently showed a How, What, Why and When for anything that took place...It's bad enough that Doc Ock is Spider-Man now, but to have him come up lame so briefly...(I did pick up SS 6au, wasn't much better than the rest of the AoU story, but was a much easier read),She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Thor...Captain America....Iron Man...how and when did these things happen...

Hank Pym may have been a founding member of the Avengers, but he really didn't have that much of a hand in the overall evolution of the universe...

I think this is a total reflection of what the "Now" universe is doing, I'm really disappointed, I'm glad the Marvel films are doing so well, the books continuity looks like a royal mess to me.

Are they trying to merge the Ultimate Universe with the regular one, if they are...very bad idea, the concepts presented in the Ultimate Universe don't seem to mesh with the regular one and if they aren't looking to do that then why is the Marvel Universe so Disjointed now, I mean i don't see how the A vs X story could've made that much a of a mess of things

Marvel, go back to your old format, get rid of the AR crap and get your universe back in check...Thor, Cap & Iron Man deserve better.Wall

I haven't read the series, but based on what you're saying it sounds like Marvel is going to make Ant-Man this hugely relevant character simply because he's going to have a movie coming out. Kind of like what happened after the Iron Man movie came out--suddenly, he was everywhere. The Marvel comic universe is continuing to just be a reflection of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

As for Ultimate Marvel merging with regular Marvel--I'm sure they're only to going to have it affect the titles they want, when they want it to. Some writers will just ignore the fact that this just happened--and the editors are okay with that.

HEY, does anybody remember back in 1985 there was an issue of Thor (or was it X-Men?) where something happened and it started to snow on New York city in the middle of summer? SEVERAL Marvel titles at the time included just a brief panel or two showing this, with the title character being all confused as to what was happening. Man, I loved that stuff back then--it's like the writers and editors then wanted to make things more of a universe. Oh, well...
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:19:27 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
HEY, does anybody remember back in 1985 there was an issue of Thor (or was it X-Men?) where something happened and it started to snow on New York city in the middle of summer? SEVERAL Marvel titles at the time included just a brief panel or two showing this, with the title character being all confused as to what was happening. Man, I loved that stuff back then--it's like the writers and editors then wanted to make things more of a universe. Oh, well...

It was in Thor. Malekith the dark elf opened the Cask of Ancient Winters and it started snowing in July. At the time Spider-Man had just discovered that his new black costume was a parasite and had gotten it removed by Reed Richards. Johnny Storm helpfully provides a costume for Peter to wear home (ahem)

You can't see it here but there is also a Kick Me sign on Spidey's back!

At one point Peter thinks "what else can go wrong?" and it started snowing. Just for a couple of panels.

I loved it when Marvel used to do that. Spidey would be fighting Juggernaut and try to get in touch with the Avengers or FF and they weren't available because they were off planet or in another dimension and there would be an editor's note saying "Check out issue whatever for more!". You didn't have to in order to follow the story but it sometimes would pique your interest and you would check out the other title.

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:35:01 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

It was in Thor. Malekith the dark elf opened the Cask of Ancient Winters and it started snowing in July. At the time Spider-Man had just discovered that his new black costume was a parasite and had gotten it removed by Reed Richards. Johnny Storm helpfully provides a costume for Peter to wear home (ahem)

At one point Peter thinks "what else can go wrong?" and it started snowing. Just for a couple of panels.

I loved it when Marvel used to do that. Spidey would be fighting Juggernaut and try to get in touch with the Avengers or FF and they weren't available because they were off planet or in another dimension and there would be an editor's note saying "Check out issue whatever for more!". You didn't have to in order to follow the story but it sometimes would pique your interest and you would check out the other title.

I LOVED it when they would do that! I actually incorporated those issues into my collecting criteria--I would collect by character appearances, but would also add those footnote issues into the chronology and buy those as well.

I think after Mark Gruenwald died, Marvel editors just stopped caring. He seemed to be the keeper of Marvel continuity.
junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:45:22 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

I think, for once, I have both the issues you're talking about. What issue of Thor was it?

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:07:05 PM

Shop at My Store

I could be wrong, but I believe it's this one.

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Hall Liquidations
junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:16:41 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe it's this one.

Then I do have them! All my years of collecting have led to this moment Dancing

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:23:25 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
I think after Mark Gruenwald died, Marvel editors just stopped caring. He seemed to be the keeper of Marvel continuity.

The Gru was the heart and soul of Marvel for a while. His work is legendary and includes a hundred-plus issue run on Captain America, the Squadron Supreme mini, the entire run of Quasar, Contest of Champions and so, so much more.

He had a knack for taking some obscure, forgotten character and remaking them into something interesting.

RIP Crying

Hall Liquidations
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:01:00 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Amazing Spider-Man #258! I have that one, great issue where Peter goes to Mr. Fantastic for help to get the Alien Costume off of him:

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
junkmonkey
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:15:48 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Amazing Spider-Man #258! I have that one, great issue where Peter goes to Mr. Fantastic for help to get the Alien Costume off of him:

One of my favorite ASM covers!

Atilla2k
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:39:36 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

junkmonkey wrote:
One of my favorite ASM covers!

Mine too.Nerd

Nate77
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 3:02:08 PM

Thanks guys! I have to say, conversations like these are why I seek out and read message boards like CCL Happy

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 5:02:49 PM

i'm so happy i've all but dropped marvel. the only book i get is spider-man just because i've been reading him since i was a kid. marvel has been going down hill for a bit now.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Shogun684
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 5:12:02 PM

I agree I hated this event what a waste. Marvel is going downhill I think DC is out doing them in every way.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 5:38:59 PM

I absolutely agree. DC has just been awesome

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Raziel84
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 1:31:19 AM

Yeah about this I was very excited about this story arc thinking it could be a cool avenges version of AoA but that didnt happen i was totally let down I acually feel kinda cheated with how it turned out I really liked the first few issues I hoped it would stay a fight with ultron in the post-apocolypse setting then It was like the just started making stuff up that not only didnt make much sense but was anti-climactic I weep for what marvel is doing with these events
teh_longinator
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 9:29:22 PM

Raziel84 wrote:
Yeah about this I was very excited about this story arc thinking it could be a cool avenges version of AoA but that didnt happen i was totally let down I acually feel kinda cheated with how it turned out I really liked the first few issues I hoped it would stay a fight with ultron in the post-apocolypse setting then It was like the just started making stuff up that not only didnt make much sense but was anti-climactic I weep for what marvel is doing with these events

They've used Age of Ultron as a marketing ploy to introduce the "Hunger" mini-series, as well as introduce the new Avengers A.I.

They'll use "Hunger" to introduce the new mini-series, which will undoubtedly end in a universe-wide crossover that will change the Marvel continuity forever.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
frank666
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:00:30 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Well I have just finished #4 and I quite like it.

It is a summer event but without all those confusing tie-ins. But then again I suppose it is just another way of Marvel selling even more comics by publishing the AU version comics.