Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Subscription services... Options
kevscomics
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 11:23:04 PM

Groups: Member

Who has the best sub service now that pat and Jim are discontinuing their service?...please pm me with the details of your service...thanks
Tamwood
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 11:56:43 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

When did this come about? I was just bragging about Pat's service to someone today. LOL. Guess it's lucky I didn't give them any contact info, since Pat's evidently done with the sub service.
Thundercron
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:09:38 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Pat's done taking new customers? Or Quitting Diamond Done?
bovard
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:15:34 AM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
Pat's done taking new customers? Or Quitting Diamond Done?

I certainly would not speak for Pat, but have read more than once in the forums, that he was not taking on new sub customers.

I read something on Jim's page, to the effect that he would not be continuing with his sub service. BUT, I'm not speaking for him, and you know how things can change.

comicscastle
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:36:08 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Yes, it's true. For health reasons I'm ending my subscription service. I will be keeping 7 local accounts that pick up at my house and have been friends for up to 25 years. The stress that I put on myself to pack and ship 40 orders a month in one day was too much. Heart problems, complications from Diabetes and Psoriatic Arthritis have all combined to force me to retire. I am keeping my Diamond account but at a much smaller level and I will continue my CCL store, but might put it on vacation mode from time to time to take a break. I'll still be a presence here on CCL, so don't think you're getting rid of me that easily. I will take measures to prolong my life, but I will not give up on my lifetime hobby entirely.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Reggie
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:43:23 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

kevscomics wrote:
Who has the best sub service now that pat and Jim are discontinuing their service?...please pm me with the details of your service...thanks

Ditto.

Thundercron
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 11:45:51 AM

Shop at My Store

I offer a subscription service. Although I can't match Pat's discounts (right now I can only give 20% off), I try to make up for it in other ways. The discount is good for all items in my store, plus you get permanent half off all shipping costs (unless you're international). All books come bagged and boarded. I'm pretty flexible with frequency of shipping (totally up to you), plus I make it easy for ordering new books. No need to send in any fancy forms--just send me a PM of what you want. I also have the ability to get books on short notice, even the week of the new release. I know that some sellers here are pretty rigid with their two-month shipping schedule with Diamond and can't get books after the Diamond cut-off. That's not the case with me. I haven't disappointed any of my customers yet in not being able to provide a new book.

PM me if anyone's interested.

Thanks for all the years of service, Pat. I know you were integral to building this site into what it is today.
sherlock_hemlock
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 12:03:19 PM

I was also ordering from Pat's fantastic serivce. I'm also looking for a new home.
sgriffin
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 12:44:28 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

Ditto here - would love to hear from anyone offering subscription, or who has a subscription service they'd like to recommend.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
kevscomics
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 6:55:38 PM

Pretty sure I am going with FINAR - finar@hotmail.com

Here are the details of his service that he just sent me - copy and paste wasn't great, but you can make sense of it...prices are actually a hair better than the 35% off I was paying with Pat...have to pay for bags and boards and $3 shipping all in all closest I have found in the 24 hours I have been sweating/looking, lol

Comics

$2.99 books $1.90
$3.50 books $2.30
$3.99 books $2.45
S&H $3.00 each order.

Trades 25% to 30% discount depending on level of Purchase I will keep an open mind for a bit larger discount.

I need 25 titles and an ability to pay with pay pal.
Books come un-bagged

If you want Bags & Boards it is $0.10 more per book.

Under 25 Titles as per agreed upon we can talk.

I can ship Weekly Bi-Weekly or Monthly but I need you to agree to take a shipment at least once per month.

I do my invoices on Wednesday and if you are shipping the next week I will e-mail you a bill and send you a pay pal Wednesday Night.

I expect the bill to be paid by Saturday night or no later than Sunday Morning. I get my shipment Tuesdays put it together and Ship Wednesday Morning.

I have been doing this for 10 years now and know how to get your books to you in clean boxes with clean filler.

I must apologies up front my biggest show of the year is this coming weekend in Boston so at some point I might be a little
Slow in getting back to you I will make every effort to keep the dialog going.

You can send me your list and we will get started with the next title out or send me a list and tell me which book you would like to start with

dunleavy75
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:20:54 PM

I'm going to give DCBS a try. They have a really good program, and no minimum to buy.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
kisstour03
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 11:27:01 PM

I've been using Play The Game (Read The Story) from here on CCL the last three months for my sub service. I'm quite happy with them. Books are well packed and come bagged and boarded. Free shipping after $29. The discount isn't quite as high as some others at 20% off, but I don't get a huge number of books. 14 at the moment. But a big thing I like is I don't have to do an order up every month. Just sent my pull list when I started with them and done. They respond to emails quickly as well. Also done several orders here on CCL with them and service has been stellar.
Nick18313
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:36:55 AM

dunleavy75 wrote:
I'm going to give DCBS a try. They have a really good program, and no minimum to buy.

I used DCBS in the past and was always satisfied with their service. I'm going back to them.

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:11:37 AM

Nick18313 wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:

I used DCBS in the past and was always satisfied with their service. I'm going back to them.

I think it all comes down to % off cover price per book for me, Can you give me any details on DCBS?
kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:15:44 AM

kevscomics wrote:
Nick18313 wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:

I think it all comes down to % off cover price per book for me, Can you give me any details on DCBS?

NM, I found it...
ukblueky
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:04:06 AM

I have had a sub service with Finar for awhile now. I have nothing but great things to say about it and James(Finar). Very quick shipping, unbeatable prices, out of this world service, very easy to deal with, James is just an all around great guy to do business with. Highly recommend him.

kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:12:00 AM

ukblueky wrote:
I have had a sub service with Finar for awhile now. I have nothing but great things to say about it and James(Finar). Very quick shipping, unbeatable prices, out of this world service, very easy to deal with, James is just an all around great guy to do business with. Highly recommend him.

Awesome, great to hear! yeah that's the way I am going...
Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:07:21 AM

Besides the great prices and customer service, one of the things I loved about Pat's service was the order forms. It let me know what comics were coming out. If I came across a series or issue I didn't know, I would look it up online and decide if I wanted it. Very easy way to add new stuff to my order.

kevscomics
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:16:01 AM

Reggie wrote:
Besides the great prices and customer service, one of the things I loved about Pat's service was the order forms. It let me know what comics were coming out. If I came across a series or issue I didn't know, I would look it up online and decide if I wanted it. Very easy way to add new stuff to my order.

Yeah, I agree...I stopped getting previews because I wasn't really using it, was using Pat's order form and then looking up new titles like you said...
sgriffin
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 1:52:37 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

kevscomics wrote:
Reggie wrote:

Yeah, I agree...I stopped getting previews because I wasn't really using it, was using Pat's order form and then looking up new titles like you said...
Same here - looks like whoever I go with I'm going to have to find some way to fill this gap.

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire