Thanks for playing the Football Game!
Below is the short version of the rules. The full explanation plus the Prize Package can be found here
I will be adding a couple of additional Prize options during the year to sweeten the pot so keep your eyes peeled. All prizes will be awarded at the end of the season. Good luck everyone! If you have any questions feel free to post here or send me a PM.Rule 1
- You do not have to play every week but every week that you play you must pick all of the games.Rule 2
- Your picks must be in by kickoff of the first game, usually Thursday nights at 8:30 PM EST.Rule 3
- Talk trash but keep it respectful please.
Ways to win:
- Your Overall score depends on how you finish in the five categories.
1st place - 10 pts
2nd place - 9 pts
3rd place - 8 pts
4th place - 7 pts
5th place - 6 pts
6th place - 5 pts
7th place - 4 pts
8th place - 3 pts
9th place - 2 pts
10th place - 1 pt
If you finish in first place in all five categories then your final score would be 50. Ten points for each number one finish. If you end up in tenth place in all five categories then your final score would be 5. One point for each tenth place finish. If you finish lower than 10th place you don't earn any points for your Overall Score in that category. Whoever has the highest total is the Overall Champion and gets two prizes.
The Five Categories are:Total Yearly Points
- Each week that you play you earn points. Five points merely for playing, two points if the team you picked won and was the underdog, one point if the team you picked to win was the favorite, three points for a correct Lock Pick (minus one point if incorrect) and three points for a correct Monday Night Football prediction. These points accumulate and whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins a prize.
Weekly High Score
- At the end of the year whoever has the highest one week total wins a prize.Lock Pick
- You designate one team each week to be your Lock Pick. If that team wins you get three points towards your Total Yearly Points but if it loses then you subtract one point. Once you pick a team as your Lock Pick you cannot select that team as your Lock Pick again. Whoever has the most correct Lock Picks at the end of the year wins a prize.Monday Night Football
- A correct MNF prediction earns you three points towards your Total Yearly Points. Whoever has the most correct MNF predictions at the end of the year wins a prize.Win/Loss Percentage
- Each week that you play you will earn a win/loss percentage based on how your predictions turned out. If you go 16-0 then you are 100%, 8-8 you would be 50%, 0-16 you would be 0%. This is a cumulative score that will change every week that you play depending on how well you do. At the end of the year whoever has the best W/L% wins a prize.
Please feel free to ask any questions or if you need anything else clarified.