Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What's That 1 Thing You Always Wanted as a Kid but Never Got? Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:08:20 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Me and some friends recently had this conversation, and some cool stuff was brought up. Sega Master System, DC Comics Super Powers action figures, Power Wheels, etc.

I'm sure most you guys have to have something like this from your childhood. I'd imagine most of us didn't grow up rich, or anything.

For me, it was this:

Being an adult now and seeing that package, I'm sure it was cheap and crappy and I would have been disappointed. But as a kid, after seeing the commercial on T.V. for it, and loving The Real Ghostubster Saturday morning cartoon; I had it completely built up in my head. On the commercial it showed these plastic toy ghosts actually getting sucked into the trap, and that just sounded so cool to me. I already had the toy Proton Gun w/Backpack, and the toy ghost finder radar thingie. I would have had the enitre get-up! I could have been the next Ghostbuster!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:37:21 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I always wanted Jane Mansfield...

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

kisstour03
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 7:44:53 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I had to think about this one a lot harder than I would have guessed. My mind must be going. What comes to mind most comes with a little story so please bear with me.

One time as a youngster, I forget if I was even in school yet, my mom took me to the mall to see Santa. after waiting for what seemed like forever Santa arrived. Now before I got to my turn I had all kinds of stuff to tell him I wanted. But when I got to see him I was blank. "What do you want for Christmas?" "Uhhhh I dunno." So Santa made a couple of suggestions. And the one that appealed to me most was a board game called "Stop Thief". It came with an electronic thingie that looked like an old cordless phone, and it talked and gave instructions for the gameplay. So I said "Yeah Stop Thief would be good." So off I go and we go home. So weeks later Christmas morning rolls around and I'm pumped because Santa was going to bring "Stop Thief". Well after a flurry of ripped paper and destroyed boxes........ no Stop Thief. "Hmmmm maybe Santa hid it to make it more fun." So the rest of the day was spent looking in every nook and cranny in the house. No luck. So a year goes by and next Christmas I thought maybe it would arrive this time. Nada. So more years went by and every once in awhile I'd think of Stop Thief and wonder why "Santa", who by this time I knew was mom, hadn't gotten me the game. Teenage years came and went and the thing was pretty much forgotten. Then one day for some weird reason the game popped into my head. And I finally solved the mystery. Duuuuh. the mall Santa guy had been the one to suggest the present. It hadn't been on my list and I never mentioned it to mom. So she never knew to get it. I was probably in my late 20s early 30s when this occurred to me. I'm pretty dense I guess. Some day I'm going to buy one on Ebay.

So long story short the electronic board game "Stop Thief".

Dreadnok01
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 8:01:28 PM

Groups: Member

When I was a kid my cousin had the Voltron toy that was actually all five cats that could be put together to form Voltron. I don't remember exactly which one but the cats were big enough to hold 3 3/4" figures. He wouldn't let me play with it , but I just knew that my G.I. Joes would destroy Cobra with those cats!!
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 10:30:31 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Dreadnok01 wrote:
When I was a kid my cousin had the Voltron toy that was actually all five cats that could be put together to form Voltron. I don't remember exactly which one but the cats were big enough to hold 3 3/4" figures. He wouldn't let me play with it , but I just knew that my G.I. Joes would destroy Cobra with those cats!!

That reminded me of this, another item I really wanted as a kid:

I so wanted one just to see how the 5 Thunderzords transformed and locked together to make the Thunder Megazord.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fenix1977
Posted: Friday, October 18, 2013 11:22:23 PM

A Monkey.

Mad Bloggings

Dreadnok01
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:27:50 AM

BurningDoom wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

That reminded me of this, another item I really wanted as a kid:

I so wanted one just to see how the 5 Thunderzords transformed and locked together to make the Thunder Megazord.

Exactly!! I was never a Power Rangers fan, but I wish more toys joined together like that!!
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:23:45 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

This is the only thing that comes to mind right now....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

angelc0p
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:47:01 AM

I wanted the vechiles to star wars...the atat walker, the millennium falcon, you know the big ships LOL
BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:39:43 AM

I wanted that Roman Legion set advertised in the back of comics but Ma said NO! Broken Heart

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:19:35 AM

Shop at My Store

Growing up, we had some friends that always had a ton of toys that my brother and I never had. This is one of those items:

The Transformers Big Wheel.

Oh baby.

Very rare nowadays, of course.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 3:27:37 PM

Thundercron wrote:
Growing up, we had some friends that always had a ton of toys that my brother and I never had. This is one of those items:

Oh baby.

I didn't even know such a thing of beauty existed. Now I want one.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:58:14 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Shadowdodger wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Oh baby.

I was about to say the same thing. Can you transform it into a robot? If I had one of these when I was 8 I would have ruled my neighborhood. Not that I didn't anyway...

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

scotracycowles
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:22:46 PM

Mego Wayne Foundation play set........the over 40 crowd will know what I'm talking about.
DGarman
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:29:17 PM

Shop at My Store

G.I. Joe Terrordrome. I saw this for the first time at a traders market while on vacation. Even if I could have afforded it, I had no way to get it back home.
Thundercron
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 10:31:37 AM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Oh baby.

I was about to say the same thing. Can you transform it into a robot? If I had one of these when I was 8 I would have ruled my neighborhood. Not that I didn't anyway...

From what I remember, the handlebars "transformed" a bit into.....something. The robot face on the front could also flip around into a "normal" looking big wheel front piece.
Thundercron
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 10:34:13 AM

Shop at My Store

scotracycowles wrote:
Mego Wayne Foundation play set........the over 40 crowd will know what I'm talking about.

I'm not 40, and I know what you're talking about Happy.

Man...Wayne Foundation....Terrordrome....USS Flagg.

They don't make playsets like they used to. In fact, I'm not even sure that they make playsets anymore at all, really.
Thundercron
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 10:36:50 AM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

Oh baby.

From what I remember, the handlebars "transformed" a bit into.....something. The robot face on the front could also flip around into a "normal" looking big wheel front piece.

Now that I'm looking at the pic, it shows on the left side how it "transforms."
Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 10:37:38 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

DGarman wrote:
G.I. Joe Terrordrome. I saw this for the first time at a traders market while on vacation. Even if I could have afforded it, I had no way to get it back home.
Hell yeah!
That and the USS Flagg are both pretty high on my list.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
kisstour03
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:26:28 PM

Terrordrome, USS Flagg. Yep wanted them too.