Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Marvel's Odd Choice for Recent New Releases Options
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:28:31 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

So last week I noticed a few odd new releases from Marvel. The first was an Iron Man 2 Movie Adaptation. Really? Movie adaptations don't sell much to begin with, but what's with releasing one for a movie that came out several years ago?

The second was Spaceknights #2. Apparently this is a three issue mini that reprints Jim Starlin's 2000 five issue Spaceknights series. Personally, I enjoyed this series, but is it really screaming to be brought back into print? I'm hoping beyond hope that this is Marvel testing the waters to bring back the Spaceknights and (possibly) Rom.

Anyway...just some strange new books out lately.
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:47:05 PM

Groups: Member

I've been seeing some rumblings that Hasbro is bringing the ROM toy back which might mean another ROM comic series is on the way.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:09:38 PM

Shop at My Store

Jim wrote:
I've been seeing some rumblings that Hasbro is bringing the ROM toy back which might mean another ROM comic series is on the way.

Jim.....I want ALL the details!!

There was a guy on the interwebs that ran the Rom Spaceknight, Revisited fan-page, but he hasn't updated it in quite a while. Still a cool site, though.

I know that in late 2008 Hasbro re-registed six new trademarks for "Rom" and "Spaceknight", to include product in three different media (print, toy/merch, and video, I believe). At the time I was hoping they were ramping up for a 30th Anniversary event, but it never happened.

Yeah, I literally have dreams at night about reading some Marvel comic and seeing ROM come back on the last page of some comic. And I don't dream very often.

I noticed Hybrid came back in the pages of Avengers Academy, and I thought Bendis had some Age of Ultron thing planned which had something to do with found Spaceknight armor or something. Did that every happen?
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:14:17 PM

Shop at My Store

Alright, just googled it. Looks like Hasbro filed more papers for ROM trademark on November 7 of this year.

Since I've already seen this done in 2008, it doesn't mean much to me. Looks like Hasbro is just keeping their name on the register without producing anything...
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:24:49 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Thundercron wrote:
Jim wrote:

Jim.....I want ALL the details!!

There was a guy on the interwebs that ran the Rom Spaceknight, Revisited fan-page, but he hasn't updated it in quite a while. Still a cool site, though.

I know that in late 2008 Hasbro re-registed six new trademarks for "Rom" and "Spaceknight", to include product in three different media (print, toy/merch, and video, I believe). At the time I was hoping they were ramping up for a 30th Anniversary event, but it never happened.

Yeah, I literally have dreams at night about reading some Marvel comic and seeing ROM come back on the last page of some comic. And I don't dream very often.

I noticed Hybrid came back in the pages of Avengers Academy, and I thought Bendis had some Age of Ultron thing planned which had something to do with found Spaceknight armor or something. Did that every happen?

yeah...Ultron hijacked some spaceknight tech and used it to return to Earth or something. No actual spaceknight. Just Ultron hijacking a suit.

And, I may be missing my guess, but I think Spaceknights have been popping up in the MU since Annihilation.