Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Subscription Expired Early!?! Options
Warlock
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 8:41:30 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

My subscription expires 12/1/12, and here I am at 9:39 PM on 11/30/12 with a "Sorry, your subscription expired tomorrow" notice when I hit the update button. Now, my last two purchases will not load into my collection.

I welcome any explainations....
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 8:50:02 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I've noticed CCL has a funny way of telling time (specifically, when a new day starts). For example, when I have an order after 5:00 PM, it shows as having a sale date of the next day. Perhaps something similiar is happening with the subscription, where the CCL clock says it's already December 1st.
Warlock
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 8:53:26 PM

thanks, Cory....doesn't lessen my sensation of feeling ripped...but, thanks. Angry
comicscastle
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 8:55:08 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

CCL goes by Greenwich mean time, which has a 5 hour difference if you are on the east coast as you are. They do this since they are an international site.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Jim
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 9:18:35 PM

Groups: Member

comicscastle wrote:
CCL goes by Greenwich mean time, which has a 5 hour difference if you are on the east coast as you are. They do this since they are an international site.

Yes, this really needs to be fixed in the software to do the conversion from Greewich to the customers local time so that it's represented more accurately.
Warlock
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:01:30 AM

thanks for the replies...I noticed that on my last (failed) attempt to update took my two latest purchases, and changed their status to "Sent to CCL"...but of course the update didn't take place, so they weren't added to my library. Lost, I suppose...or for manual entry. sigh.

I am still on the fence about whether I will renew. My collection is stretched largely into long boxes now, something that CCL has no feature to help me organize, so I have returned to spreadsheets for this. Updating two systems is time consuming, and work on one system does not advance my other system. Having a collection is only important if you can actually find the books which are supposedly in your collection. Consequentially, contributing to CCL change requests seems silly if I am not a subscriber. Buying from CCL may suffer the same fate, with the loss of my time in the system.

I have been a member for 5 years here. Pat, Jim, Cory...I have had great interactions with you all. Thanks for those. Best of luck. I will keep an eye time to time to see if the feature set matures, and hopefully, will jump back in.

best,
Tony