Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Pacific Rim Trailer Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:15:11 PM

Groups: Member

HOLY $h!Te

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-pacific-rim-trailer-is-here-and-it-does-not-disappoint

That looks frakkin' awesome!

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
MER
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 11:37:43 PM

I literally screamed for about 2 minutes during and for an hour after watching the video! I'm just so happy about this movie, I hope it goes well. *_*

Seriously, I think I had the biggest fangirl moment I've ever experienced. It was just a strange feeling to go through.

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
4saken1
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:45:12 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

OK, just saw this today and thought it had some amazing action and special effects and was well worth seeing on the big screen.

That aside, there were quite a few issues I had with the story itself:

**Spoilers**

1) Why didn't Raliegh and Mako use the sword earlier? For that matter, why wasn't Raliegh even aware of it? You're not going to send a pilot out in a robot that costs hundreds of billions of dollars without them being aware of every facet of its offensive capabilities!

2) They knew where the monsters are coming from. Why not station the robots down there, rather than waiting for the monsters to attack huge urban cities? Better yet, just plant bombs down there and detonate them when you detect a monster coming through the portal.

3) Several pages of calculus equations to figure out the monsters are coming more frequently, and that if the pattern continued there would eventually be multiple events in a single day?

4) 8 helecopters carrying giant robots that no doubt weigh in excess of 100 tons, c'mon!

5) Why would anybody still live in a city that borders the Pacific Ocean after years of these types of attacks?

/end Spoilers

Not to nit-pick or anything! Again, I really enjoyed Pacific Rim, but these were just some of the things I noticed when watching the movie and thought WTF!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:10:46 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I've been waiting for this movie all my life....Big Grin

MER
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 9:34:42 AM

4saken1 wrote:
OK, just saw this today and thought it had some amazing action and special effects and was well worth seeing on the big screen.

That aside, there were quite a few issues I had with the story itself:

**Spoilers**

1) Why didn't Raliegh and Mako use the sword earlier? For that matter, why wasn't Raliegh even aware of it? You're not going to send a pilot out in a robot that costs hundreds of billions of dollars without them being aware of every facet of its offensive capabilities!

2) They knew where the monsters are coming from. Why not station the robots down there, rather than waiting for the monsters to attack huge urban cities? Better yet, just plant bombs down there and detonate them when you detect a monster coming through the portal.

3) Several pages of calculus equations to figure out the monsters are coming more frequently, and that if the pattern continued there would eventually be multiple events in a single day?

4) 8 helecopters carrying giant robots that no doubt weigh in excess of 100 tons, c'mon!

5) Why would anybody still live in a city that borders the Pacific Ocean after years of these types of attacks?

/end Spoilers

Not to nit-pick or anything! Again, I really enjoyed Pacific Rim, but these were just some of the things I noticed when watching the movie and thought WTF!

I thought the same thing while watching it.

I would assume their suits can finally go underwater after 20 years of it being in production. Oh and if people will continue to live in a town known for Tornado strikes, etc, I'm sure people will continue to live in monster infested areas. I don't get it, but it might not be as expensive as the inland locations where I think the richer people are (remember the news conference)

I don't know about the sword addition, but Raliegh doesn't seem the type to figure out if there's anything new on his robot like Mako is. Laughing

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"