Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
**Official MattyCollector He-Man CASTLE GRAYSKULL Thread** Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:01:08 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,828
Points: 127,363
I know a few of you guys have been collecting the MattyCollector MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS figures, but I wanted to let everyone know about this pretty awesome looking toy if you haven't already heard about it.

Mattel is currently taking pre-orders for a new CASTLE GRAYSKULL Playset which is scheduled to come out around Christmas of 2013.





There's also a video featuring Mattel's Marketing Guru showing off a foam model of the Castle to show perspective on the size...which I have to admit is impressive. Package will weigh 20 pounds.

The only downside that people are talking about is the pricepoint of $250.00 and with shipping, it's going to cost around $300. Honestly, you can't have a He-Man collection without the Castle...but everyone's different.

Anyone else pre-ordered OR thinking of pre-ordering this monster?

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:04:07 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/3/2008
Posts: 8,501
Points: 25,603
Location: Over the hills and far away
Great thread! I pre-ordered 2 of those bad boys a few weeks ago. I don't have a single MOTU Classics figure, but I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.

I do want to pick up a new He-Man and BattleCat soon though. That would be a nice start to the collection, right?

crackerjack1
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:21:23 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 2,170
Points: 1,477,660
Location: Boston, MA
Honestly, I think the castle looks awesome from what they've shown, and I do own the He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, Panthor and Cringer (Got rid of the queen). I actually still have a buch of my original figures and most of the second resurgence, but I can't wrap my head around spending $300 on this. I would probably pull the trigger on this for $200.


Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:22:10 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,828
Points: 127,363
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
Great thread! I pre-ordered 2 of those bad boys a few weeks ago. I don't have a single MOTU Classics figure, but I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.

I do want to pick up a new He-Man and BattleCat soon though. That would be a nice start to the collection, right?


Shen, I have 3 extra MOTUC He-Mans and Battle Cats if you ever need a set my friend :)

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:23:07 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,828
Points: 127,363
crackerjack1 wrote:
Honestly, I think the castle looks awesome from what they've shown, and I do own the He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, Panthor and Cringer (Got rid of the queen). I actually still have a buch of my original figures and most of the second resurgence, but I can't wrap my head around spending $300 on this. I would probably pull the trigger on this for $200.


I thought the same thing. Thankfully, you don't pay for it until it ships in December of 2013 (IF they meet the pre-order).

As of today, they sit at 71%.

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:04:45 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/3/2008
Posts: 8,501
Points: 25,603
Location: Over the hills and far away
The_Valiant_One wrote:
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
Great thread! I pre-ordered 2 of those bad boys a few weeks ago. I don't have a single MOTU Classics figure, but I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.

I do want to pick up a new He-Man and BattleCat soon though. That would be a nice start to the collection, right?


Shen, I have 3 extra MOTUC He-Mans and Battle Cats if you ever need a set my friend :)



WOW, really? That'd be awesome. What do you want for them?

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:33:39 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,531
Points: 428,795
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
The_Valiant_One wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:
Honestly, I think the castle looks awesome from what they've shown, and I do own the He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, Panthor and Cringer (Got rid of the queen). I actually still have a buch of my original figures and most of the second resurgence, but I can't wrap my head around spending $300 on this. I would probably pull the trigger on this for $200.


I thought the same thing. Thankfully, you don't pay for it until it ships in December of 2013 (IF they meet the pre-order).

As of today, they sit at 71%.



I'll order the other 29%. Rolling on the Floor If I win the lottery.

That Castle is awesome looking, but if I couldn't pony up the $$ for the massive Millennium Falcon that came out a few years ago this isn't in the cards.



The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 11:53:47 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 6/17/2007
Posts: 18,969
Points: 56,682
Location: DrFate's Sanctuary
Cool to see that Masters of the Universe is still alive and kicking. I find it hard to watch the original show because now it seems so corney.





Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Jim
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:31:48 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:59:53 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/21/2007
Posts: 545
Points: 1,765
Location: VA, USA
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.


i recently came across a handful of the 'mini-comics' that were included with these figures... (alas, no figures, as my brother & i played with all of our action figures until they fell apart, and then some);

do any of you know if there's a market / demand for these mini-comics?


The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:25:39 PM

Rank: Administration
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 6/7/2007
Posts: 4,828
Points: 127,363
inhumanking wrote:
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.


i recently came across a handful of the 'mini-comics' that were included with these figures... (alas, no figures, as my brother & i played with all of our action figures until they fell apart, and then some);

do any of you know if there's a market / demand for these mini-comics?




Right here! Dancing Dancing
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:41:53 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 3/16/2007
Posts: 6,662
Points: 22,420
If I had the space and $ for this I would so get one. All I have is an old He-Man (Battle damage..I think that is what it is called), Battle Cat and one vehicle and a Man at Arms.



Mad Bloggings

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:58:37 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/3/2008
Posts: 8,501
Points: 25,603
Location: Over the hills and far away
I can't wait to see some early images of this thing since its been given the green light!

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.394 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241