Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
**Official MattyCollector He-Man CASTLE GRAYSKULL Thread** Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:01:08 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I know a few of you guys have been collecting the MattyCollector MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS figures, but I wanted to let everyone know about this pretty awesome looking toy if you haven't already heard about it.

Mattel is currently taking pre-orders for a new CASTLE GRAYSKULL Playset which is scheduled to come out around Christmas of 2013.

There's also a video featuring Mattel's Marketing Guru showing off a foam model of the Castle to show perspective on the size...which I have to admit is impressive. Package will weigh 20 pounds.

The only downside that people are talking about is the pricepoint of $250.00 and with shipping, it's going to cost around $300. Honestly, you can't have a He-Man collection without the Castle...but everyone's different.

Anyone else pre-ordered OR thinking of pre-ordering this monster?

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:04:07 PM

Groups: Member

Great thread! I pre-ordered 2 of those bad boys a few weeks ago. I don't have a single MOTU Classics figure, but I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.

I do want to pick up a new He-Man and BattleCat soon though. That would be a nice start to the collection, right?

crackerjack1
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:21:23 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Honestly, I think the castle looks awesome from what they've shown, and I do own the He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, Panthor and Cringer (Got rid of the queen). I actually still have a buch of my original figures and most of the second resurgence, but I can't wrap my head around spending $300 on this. I would probably pull the trigger on this for $200.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:22:10 PM

Shop at My Store

ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
Great thread! I pre-ordered 2 of those bad boys a few weeks ago. I don't have a single MOTU Classics figure, but I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.

I do want to pick up a new He-Man and BattleCat soon though. That would be a nice start to the collection, right?

Shen, I have 3 extra MOTUC He-Mans and Battle Cats if you ever need a set my friend :)

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:23:07 PM

Shop at My Store

crackerjack1 wrote:
Honestly, I think the castle looks awesome from what they've shown, and I do own the He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, Panthor and Cringer (Got rid of the queen). I actually still have a buch of my original figures and most of the second resurgence, but I can't wrap my head around spending $300 on this. I would probably pull the trigger on this for $200.

I thought the same thing. Thankfully, you don't pay for it until it ships in December of 2013 (IF they meet the pre-order).

As of today, they sit at 71%.

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:04:45 PM

The_Valiant_One wrote:

Shen, I have 3 extra MOTUC He-Mans and Battle Cats if you ever need a set my friend :)

WOW, really? That'd be awesome. What do you want for them?

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:33:39 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

The_Valiant_One wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

I thought the same thing. Thankfully, you don't pay for it until it ships in December of 2013 (IF they meet the pre-order).

As of today, they sit at 71%.

I'll order the other 29%. Rolling on the Floor If I win the lottery.

That Castle is awesome looking, but if I couldn't pony up the $$ for the massive Millennium Falcon that came out a few years ago this isn't in the cards.

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 11:53:47 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Cool to see that Masters of the Universe is still alive and kicking. I find it hard to watch the original show because now it seems so corney.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Jim
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 12:31:48 PM

inhumanking
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:59:53 PM

I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.

i recently came across a handful of the 'mini-comics' that were included with these figures... (alas, no figures, as my brother & i played with all of our action figures until they fell apart, and then some);

do any of you know if there's a market / demand for these mini-comics?

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:25:39 PM

Shop at My Store

inhumanking wrote:
I still have 50+ figures from my childhood, vehicles and the original Castle Grayskull.

i recently came across a handful of the 'mini-comics' that were included with these figures... (alas, no figures, as my brother & i played with all of our action figures until they fell apart, and then some);

do any of you know if there's a market / demand for these mini-comics?

Right here! Dancing Dancing
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 1:41:53 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

If I had the space and $ for this I would so get one. All I have is an old He-Man (Battle damage..I think that is what it is called), Battle Cat and one vehicle and a Man at Arms.

Mad Bloggings

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:58:37 PM

I can't wait to see some early images of this thing since its been given the green light!