Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » CCL.com Without Desktop Software Question

CCL.com Without Desktop Software Question

EvilPhish
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:17:24 PM
Groups: Member
This may be a dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere on the site:

Is it possible to utilize the website to maintain my collection without having a Windows PC?
I'm looking at moving away from Comicbookdb.com (no mobile support) and this site came highly recommended, but I have zero clue how to proceed.

Thanks.
scotteaves
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:20:07 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Currently, you need the CCL Desktop Software (Windows only at this time) to maintain your collection.

There are plans to eventually move to an online solution for Mac users, but there is no announced timeframe.

You can build a Wishlist on the website though which you can view via the mobile app (iDevice, Windows Mobile, and Android apps are available). The mobile apps do not support viewing your entire collection at this time.
EvilPhish
Friday, December 21, 2012 3:36:02 AM
Groups: Member
Ahh, that's a shame, but thanks very much for your help.
The_Valiant_One
Friday, December 21, 2012 10:54:20 AM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thanks for answering that Scott! Our plan for 2013 is to move CCL into a complete cloud solution where you can access your database from any mobile device. This will be accomplished while we develop CCL's companion website for video games coming later this year.

In the meantime, we do have mobile apps available that interact with the wishlist feature on CCL's desktop software.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!