Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
ordering online from stores you're unfamiliar with... Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:23:47 PM

Groups: Member

how often do fellow CCLer's order from stores you've never ordered from other than stores on CCL? i'm on westfieldcomics.com and they have some decent stuff but me personally, i'm kind of weary.

i'll take a risk on CCL because they have people you can get in touch with that'll handle it but other sites? its kind of like being on the seas in open water by you're self... gotta watch it for them sharks!

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

dunleavy75
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:59:17 PM

A few years ago, I used to order heavy from Mile high and My comic shop. Once I found CCL, I dropped them quickly. Nobody out there has my trust like Pat or Mike Potter. Not to say CCL doesn't have other good stores too, but they are the ones I've used and trusted with zero issues for 4 or 5 years now.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:04:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

dunleavy75 wrote:
A few years ago, I used to order heavy from Mile high and My comic shop. Once I found CCL, I dropped them quickly. Nobody out there has my trust like Pat or Mike Potter. Not to say CCL doesn't have other good stores too, but they are the ones I've used and trusted with zero issues for 4 or 5 years now.

+1

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
Kingsman
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:43:49 PM

You may have done this already SuperSoldier124, but have you contacted the stores that you do trust on Comic Collector Live to see if they may have the issues you need in their backstock? I have done this previously with positive results.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:58:50 PM

yeah. i've been trying to find some back issues from tales of the TMNT (2004) and some of the incentives covers from the current TMNT books.

4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:31:51 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I've ordered from mycomicshop.com on a couple of occasions and haven't been disappointed. I collect mostly independants, and a lot of times nobody on CCL has the ones I'm looking for (or if they do, they are more than I want to pay). I even started a thread in 'The Buyer's Corner' (which badly needs a bump), called 'Post your WishList', so Sellers can see what people are looking for - hopefully without the pressure of them bothering the person who posted it.

Anyways, I usually wait until I only have 1 or 2 issues missing from a complete run before I check out mycomicshop.com, then I'll buy as many semi-reasonably priced comics I can from them in order to justify the postage costs (I always try stores that offer free shipping first).

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:54:29 PM

Other than CCL, I've used mycomicshop a few times and never had any problems. I've had some luck on feebay but they are a last resort. I try to stay here as much as I can.

One thing you can try (which is what I do when I want to try a new seller) is make a small purchase, let's say around ten bucks, or whatever you're comfortable with, and see how they do. It's a small gamble that has almost always paid off for me.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:35:14 AM

good idea. thanks.