Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
2012 Feature Requests (tell us what you want) Options
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:38:59 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
that's fantastic! I doubt it would ever be implemented though...

I've always kind of wanted that too so I'll give it a +1

UNDER CONSTRUCTION - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:44:01 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

I love this idea
whitejay251
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 2:29:18 PM

Groups: Beta, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Currently, when viewing the wishlist page, it shows how many are for sale:

When one is shopping by title, it shows a table of who's selling and for how much:

So a website tweak I'd like to see is including these tables on one's wishlist page. I believe it would be a great boon for many buyers.

Spider-Man wrote:
We need a field to show what issues a TPB collects as well as a field in the issue to show what TPB collects it.

Something like "Collected in XXXX" for the issues.

And "Collects XXXX #12 - 18" for the TPB.

This has long been my dream feature!

scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:17:25 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

whitejay251 wrote:
Currently, when viewing the wishlist page, it shows how many are for sale:

When one is shopping by title, it shows a table of who's selling and for how much:

So a website tweak I'd like to see is including these tables on one's wishlist page. I believe it would be a great boon for many buyers.

Add a nice "Add to cart" button for each item (and some way to see whether there are Seller's notes) and this is one of the many things I'd love to see.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 5:57:18 PM

Shop at My Store

Some kind of alert for seller notes & scans has been near the top of my wishlist for a while, would really add to my store because I add lots of extra info.

Gotta extend the shopping cart so it doesn't automatically empty after 15 minutes, one of the most buyer unfriendly practices I've seen.

It's nice to see changes but hoping we tackle some of the meatier stuff in coming months.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

mutortode
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 3:34:51 AM
Groups: Member

I would like to see an update to the software that makes it fully compatible with Windows 7 and 8
And fixes the problem in windows 7 where you have to turn down the colors to 16 bit to see the text on the buttons
And a way to keep track of multiple collections on one account (I.e. if you are a collector and you want to keep track of your personal collection but you also run a business and want to keep your inventory seperate from your personal collection)
DRUMCZAR
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:15:12 AM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
Some kind of alert for seller notes & scans has been near the top of my wishlist for a while, would really add to my store because I add lots of extra info.

Gotta extend the shopping cart so it doesn't automatically empty after 15 minutes, one of the most buyer unfriendly practices I've seen.

It's nice to see changes but hoping we tackle some of the meatier stuff in coming months.

Fully agree! I add Info to my listings also. Especially on my Signed & Certified books. which leads me to a Suggestion I've made IN THE PAST BUT NEVER CAME TO BE.

Books that are Signed, Certified, &/or both, Need to have a mark or astric (*) in their listings so that buyers Know that they are Signed copies or are Extra Special in some way. On Numerous Occassions I've had a buyer be upset because they didn't realize that the book they just bought had a Signature on it. Regardless how many notes, scans, etc. I add, they don't realize it's Unique. A mark or some kind of Identifer for these books would be very Helpful to Buyers & save me a lot of time explaining. There is a box to mark for Signatures when creating a listing but nothing ever appears in the actual listing after the book has been listed.

It would also be nice to be able to add Scans & Custom Info to current listings in my store without having to delist, Add Info/Scan, & then Relist again.

THANKS,

ADC

PEACE!+

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
canaryfarmer
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 1:21:06 PM

Quick question: Is there any way to initially sort the "Wishlist" column on the Store Locator page so that it lists "most to least", as opposed to its current "least to most", which just brings up a page full of stores that have nothing on my wishlist. I have to always click it twice to get the info I'm clicking on that column for in the first place. Thanks!

edit: thought of one more thing--
Could a similar Wishlist column be added to the "My Favorite Stores" section at the bottom too? Those are obviously stores I trust, and would like to be able to quickly see their available wishlist numbers.
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:13:09 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I would love to be able to sell more comic related memorabilia. Mostly talking about Signed Prints, Signed convention pieces, Original sketches etc...I am not sure how it would play out from a Library perspective, being that alot of pieces would be somewhat 1 of a kind. I don't really want to put this type of stuff on ebay...and it's not like I am in a hurry to sell(just sell for fun, really), but would love a way to put some of my pieces up for sale in my store.

Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:43:45 PM

I'd love to be able to search for issues in store that ships to Canada only!

Most of the time, I'm trying to get a hand on a comic and end up in a shop that doesn't ship to Canada.

Also, I'd like to be able to "save" my selected seller, so I can search into their stores. I have a list of stores who doesn't charge $20 to ship in Canada, so I'd like to be able to search my issue into those stores only.
Jim
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:14:26 PM

Kopfschuss wrote:
I'd love to be able to search for issues in store that ships to Canada only!

Most of the time, I'm trying to get a hand on a comic and end up in a shop that doesn't ship to Canada.

Also, I'd like to be able to "save" my selected seller, so I can search into their stores. I have a list of stores who doesn't charge $20 to ship in Canada, so I'd like to be able to search my issue into those stores only.

Please check out the Store Locator where you can do both of those things.
http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/StoreLocator.aspx

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
CCComics
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:20:11 PM

I was recently trying to do a search for appearances by the Marvel Inhuman Medusa and got frustrated having to scroll through pages and pages of results that included, trading cards, graphic novels, statues, art, etc.

I would love to have the pulldown menu when doing a Title Search carry over into a specific library search query. When I entered Medusa into the character search I get 700 results. Of these results, I would love the option to filter out everything but comic books so I don't have to see all of the statues, trading cards, hardcovers, etc. in which she appears.

And to take this one step further, the search results are defaulted to display in chronological order. It would be great to be able to further refine the search results via multiple fields like say publisher or title so I don't have to see any of the appearances by the DC Comics Medusa or the original Greek character of the same name.

Not sure how this can be done with the current way the website is designed regarding the search feature but perhaps some check boxes or pulldowns or some other method I don't know since I'm not a web designer. And if there is a way to do this now and I missed it, please share the knowledge.
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:43:55 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

+1,000,000

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Jim
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:08:48 PM

CCComics wrote:
I was recently trying to do a search for appearances by the Marvel Inhuman Medusa and got frustrated having to scroll through pages and pages of results that included, trading cards, graphic novels, statues, art, etc.

I would love to have the pulldown menu when doing a Title Search carry over into a specific library search query. When I entered Medusa into the character search I get 700 results. Of these results, I would love the option to filter out everything but comic books so I don't have to see all of the statues, trading cards, hardcovers, etc. in which she appears.

And to take this one step further, the search results are defaulted to display in chronological order. It would be great to be able to further refine the search results via multiple fields like say publisher or title so I don't have to see any of the appearances by the DC Comics Medusa or the original Greek character of the same name.

Not sure how this can be done with the current way the website is designed regarding the search feature but perhaps some check boxes or pulldowns or some other method I don't know since I'm not a web designer. And if there is a way to do this now and I missed it, please share the knowledge.

Try using the Library Search and go from there.
http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Search.aspx

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:30:19 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Jim wrote:
CCComics wrote:

Try using the Library Search and go from there.
http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Search.aspx

Jim - there is no way that I've ever found to do a character search and only show the type of items you want to find that character in. If you know how to do it, can you tell us how?

CCComics
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:55:03 PM

Jim, I think you're not understanding what I'm after. The link you provided just brings me to the top of the library search where I've already been and was stymied.

Right now I can get as far as Medusa's appearances but the 700 results that come up include statues, trading cards, magazines and all of the characters in all of comics named Medusa, not just the Marvel Inhuman incarnation.

What I'm requesting is for all of the search options and refinements to be available at once during a library search so I can find a specific character's appearances in comic books only, by one specific publisher, within a specified date range.

With Medusa it takes a little extra work to narrow down the results but doing a more popular search for say Superman yields 6800 results. If I'm only after Superman's comic book appearances from 1978 - 1985, I first have to guess which page to start at since page 1 begins at unknown through 1938. Once I do that I find that the 1978 Superman appearances begin on page 10. From there I have to further navigate through the listings of all the trading cards and other items besides just comic books which is a big pain being that the Superman Movie cards were issued in 1978.

It would be great if from the start of a library search one could specify multiple refinements so the results that come up are what is being sought and don't require having to weed through every single listing in the Database that contains a Superman appearance.

Hope that clears things up.
Jim
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:28:06 PM

Sorry guys, I was in a hurry when I typed that and yes I misread what you were asking for. Right now the search only searches on what is in a Title, not whats in links or credits, etc. If it's a SQL fix I might be able to fix it quickly...

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
4saken1
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 9:33:40 AM

Shop at My Store

IDK if anybody has ever made this suggestion, but the idea of "smart" shelves is something I would like to see, wherein a seller could set a certain criteria when the created an new shelf and whenever a comic was added to their inventory that fit that criteria, it would automatically be added to that shelf.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

kevscomics
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 10:53:19 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Jim wrote:
Sorry guys, I was in a hurry when I typed that and yes I misread what you were asking for. Right now the search only searches on what is in a Title, not whats in links or credits, etc. If it's a SQL fix I might be able to fix it quickly...

I am a database admin by trade, would volunteer to help with any sql work u may need. I mean I understand that you don't want to give me access to db or code, but may be able to help answer generic questions and so forth.
AvengersFan2
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:00:50 AM

Pardon if this has been requested before... One obstacle I face as a customer is identifying a store that has a ton of the issues I'm looking for, only to find out that they're all in low quality condition. It would be great to tweak the wishlist feature to make it also sensitive to issue condition. This way, when I use the "store locator" feature, the number of hits matching my wishlist would be filtered by issue title as well as issue condition.