Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » Software/Website Updates » Any development news?
AlacrityFitzhugh
Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:27:07 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member
Location: Lynnwood, WA, USA
Joined: 9/10/2008 | Posts: 61 | Points: 1,261
Any news on further development of the software? That wishlist is quite long and getting old.

-- Alacrity

darkbeast
Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:04:25 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member
Location: the netherlands
Joined: 1/17/2013 | Posts: 7 | Points: 21
no do you have something?
Flagwaver
Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:25:46 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Joined: 8/2/2010 | Posts: 269 | Points: 35,328
Alacrity is pointing out the fact that it has been over a year since a request for features we would like to see was sent out and no progress has been made on any of them, many of which have been asked for for a long long time.
CrossbowComics
Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:33:33 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Location: look up
Joined: 10/14/2008 | Posts: 1,122 | Points: 3,560
Well a couple tweaks were done, my understanding is a new version of the software is on the way that should address more of the requested features. No release date has been given yet. I agree, there's stuff I'm waiting on too, crossing my fingers.



On Facebook - Treehouse Comic Shop
On the web -- TreehouseComicShop.com
Flagwaver
Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:35:14 PM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Joined: 8/2/2010 | Posts: 269 | Points: 35,328
The only tweak that comes to mind is the ability to sort the stores list by how many books on your wishlist they have. I guess that is an okay feature but not one I find helpful. The main thing I want is the ability to set search results to only include grades I am looking for. A store could have every single book on my wishlist (which is thousands) but I am not going to buy from them if they only have them in poor condition. I only buy books in VF to NM condition and get tired of having to slog through pages and pages of books on my wishlist that are not in those conditions. Give me the ability to only see VF-NM books and then the store sorting feature will be worthwhile to me.
wangdehong303
Friday, January 18, 2013 3:55:48 AM
Rank: Newbie
Groups: Member
Joined: 1/18/2013 | Posts: 1 | Points: 3
I hope this means at least once a month or at least once during a six week grading period, sometimes once every week or so.
Flagwaver
Friday, January 18, 2013 6:35:06 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Joined: 8/2/2010 | Posts: 269 | Points: 35,328
Eh?
pottersan
Friday, January 18, 2013 9:59:55 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Hiding amongst the 1%
Joined: 9/28/2007 | Posts: 4,916 | Points: 47,229
Flagwaver wrote:
The only tweak that comes to mind is the ability to sort the stores list by how many books on your wishlist they have. I guess that is an okay feature but not one I find helpful. The main thing I want is the ability to set search results to only include grades I am looking for. A store could have every single book on my wishlist (which is thousands) but I am not going to buy from them if they only have them in poor condition. I only buy books in VF to NM condition and get tired of having to slog through pages and pages of books on my wishlist that are not in those conditions. Give me the ability to only see VF-NM books and then the store sorting feature will be worthwhile to me.
You can do that now.

Click on store locator, then click twice on wishlist to sort from most to least.

I just found this out a week or so ago.

Make shopping a ton easier.
Flagwaver
Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:11:42 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Joined: 8/2/2010 | Posts: 269 | Points: 35,328
I think you missed my point. The ability to sort stores by number of items in your wishlist is one of the two tweaks that HAVE been implemented in the past year. The other being that we no longer have to wait for the page to refresh when adding items to the shopping cart. Again, while nice, the store sorting feature does not help me if I have to go through pages and pages of books in conditons I do not want. If you could set a default so that only books in conditons you choose were shown and then sort stores that have those conditions, the store sort feature would help me.
pottersan
Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:44:27 AM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Hiding amongst the 1%
Joined: 9/28/2007 | Posts: 4,916 | Points: 47,229
Flagwaver wrote:
I think you missed my point. The ability to sort stores by number of items in your wishlist is one of the two tweaks that HAVE been implemented in the past year. The other being that we no longer have to wait for the page to refresh when adding items to the shopping cart. Again, while nice, the store sorting feature does not help me if I have to go through pages and pages of books in conditons I do not want. If you could set a default so that only books in conditons you choose were shown and then sort stores that have those conditions, the store sort feature would help me.
Ah, yes, that would be nice.
Atilla2k
Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:42:40 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Location: NY
Joined: 10/8/2007 | Posts: 1,908 | Points: 127,264
pottersan wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:
I think you missed my point. The ability to sort stores by number of items in your wishlist is one of the two tweaks that HAVE been implemented in the past year. The other being that we no longer have to wait for the page to refresh when adding items to the shopping cart. Again, while nice, the store sorting feature does not help me if I have to go through pages and pages of books in conditons I do not want. If you could set a default so that only books in conditons you choose were shown and then sort stores that have those conditions, the store sort feature would help me.
Ah, yes, that would be nice.


Oh Yeah! +1.
b0bafett
Monday, January 21, 2013 2:59:36 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member
Joined: 2/23/2007 | Posts: 1,589 | Points: 5,049
+1
AlacrityFitzhugh
Monday, January 21, 2013 7:38:21 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member
Location: Lynnwood, WA, USA
Joined: 9/10/2008 | Posts: 61 | Points: 1,261
That's all well and good, but I'm more interested in hearing what progress is being made (if any), rather than spark yet another "desired features" thread.

-- Alacrity

43rdStreetComicBooks
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 10:41:17 AM
Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member
Location: Florida
Joined: 1/4/2013 | Posts: 120 | Points: 360
AlacrityFitzhugh wrote:
That's all well and good, but I'm more interested in hearing what progress is being made (if any), rather than spark yet another "desired features" thread.


I agree as Im fairly new to the site I have looked for what improvements have been made and that are planned and I cant seem to find anything recent other then a year or older. I love the site its a great place, at the same time I would like that there would be something that would make me feel that I am getting something for my monthly sub fee, sales commision fees and listing fees other then being able to sell. In todays age software needs to be updated routinely otherwise someone else will come out with something better and then youll have to play catch up and by then youve probably lost to many loyal customers to keep up.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

www.43rdstreetmtgcards.com

www.43rdstreetcomicbooks.com

Users browsing this topic
Guest

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.168 seconds.
(0.052 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241