Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Will a hawk eat a cat? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:13:43 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I take care of several stray cats in my neighborhood, I have gotten them all spayed/neutered and rabies shots. The other day I was outside just as a big storm was approaching and I saw two huge hawks (I guess they were hawks, anyway) circling about 12-15 feet overhead. They had a wingspan of at least five feet and they were below the roof line of my two-story house so I got a good look at them. They finally landed across the street from me I'm guessing to find shelter from the weather. I live right next to the river and see tons of wildlife considering I'm right in the middle of the city. My question is, will they go after cats? I've seen birds catching squirrels and other birds and heard stories about eagles flying off with poodles. Not too worried, just curious.

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:16:05 PM

Groups: Member

I'm sure they would. We've had some neighborhoods issue warnings to pet owners that hawks have taken small dogs and to keep an eye out for them. So I don't see any reason why they'd leave cats alone.

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:35:40 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Absolutely - my mom's neighborhood is right next to a decomissioned military installation that is now a wildlife refuge catering to raptors and the city has run several campaigns in the area to alert citizens to keep their cats and small dogs inside because the owls, hawks, and eagles will snatch them up and eat them.

It doesn't matter if it's 50 Cents or 50 Dollars - if you list it as NM it better be NM.
Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!

Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
Dreadnok01
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:19:51 PM

Yep. Sure will.
MER
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 6:05:11 PM

A hawk will grab anything that's small enough to fit in their mouth. I really hope you grabbed up the cats before those birds did O__O.

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2013 11:14:55 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MER wrote:
I really hope you grabbed up the cats before those birds did

No way. They're strays and the last time I tried to "grab them up" was a year ago so I could take them in for shots and fixing. The one I affectionately refer to as "Krazee-Eyez Killa" took a chunk out of my hand and I ended up dropping several hundred bucks at Patient First after my hand swelled up like a catchers mitt. I think maybe the hawks should watch out!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations