Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
CosmicAvenger
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 10:48:12 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 1,809
Points: 6,668
Location: Toronto, Canada
And thats all coming from a blues fan. The blues see the hawks plenty during the regular season, and it makes me nervous every time lol



Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:43:02 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
Anaheim Ducks tonight @Chicago.

Will be a big test for the Hawks and I'm pretty sure the crowd will be pumped as hell for this first of 7 home games!


Go Hawks!! 11-0-2 !!
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:18:20 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
Given how poorly Preds were Sunday against Chicago I'm glad they don't have to see the Blackhawks again until April. But, then comes an extremely brutal week, 3 games against Chicago in 7 days. . . Ouch
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:23:46 PM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
jbeeman85 wrote:
Given how poorly Preds were Sunday against Chicago I'm glad they don't have to see the Blackhawks again until April. But, then comes an extremely brutal week, 3 games against Chicago in 7 days. . . Ouch


Wow... this year's calender is... effed up!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:43:54 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,823
Points: 10,383
Location: Richmond, VA
jbeeman85 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
One more thing about the Blackhawk fans that bothers me is that, at least the ones that I run across in Nashville, they sure have became extremely cocky since winning the Cup a few seasons ago. I know that Nashville doesn't have a Cup, but good God, Chicago has been around forever and they have only one cup since the league expanded beyond 6 teams. They seem to forget how only a few years before winning their last Cup, they were near the bottom of the league in attendance and performance.

I apologize to any true Blackhawks fans on here, I'm just venting a bit. Hopefully you are not the type described above that most likely didn't claim the Blackhawks as your team until they got good again and are only a bandwagon fan. To the annoying bandwagon fans, I do not apologize, you suck.


No offense taken! I became a Blackhawks fan in the early 90's and suffered through a few miserable seasons. Finally ownership got their heads out of their @$$es and got better upper management and started making better personnel decisions. I am very proud of the team for winning the Cup a few years back but in no way do I crow about it. (Except to my buddy who is a Flyer's fan, good-natured ribbing of course!) I totally agree with you about bandwagon fans. If you root for a team you should root through good or bad.

As far as Patrick Kane goes, yeah he's an a-hole. But pretty much every team has one or two of those guys unfortunately. Someone else mentioned something about fans yelling during the National Anthem? If that's true then that is extremely poor taste. You can choose not to stand up but show some respect. Same thing goes with the Canadian National Anthem. People need to show a little class.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.



Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations


jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:18:40 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
The anthem thing was something that started back in the 1985 Campbell Conference finals. Don't know why the crowd did it, but they cheered and hollered through the entire anthem and it stuck. Wouldn't think they would do it seeing as they lost that series. The way fans are with superstitions you would think they would think that jinxed them. I'm not sure if Chicago people do it in any Bulls, Bears, Cubs, or White Sox games since they rarely show the anthems on television. Some see it as being patriotic, I don't. Even if it were Predators fans that decided to do it, and I wouldn't put it past those @$$holes in section 303, I would hate it.
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:22:22 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
Counting down to face off for Sharks-Predators game. Hopefully the Sharks slide can last for at least one more game. Predators desperately need an offensive spark.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:39:25 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
My Preds somehow pulled one out last night against the Sharks. It would be nice to get more goals but if they can win games 1-0, I will take it. It's a dangerous way to live but a win's a win.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:45:20 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
I'm hoping that someone in the stands caught the fan fight late in the 3rd period and post it to youtube. So far the only one on there is about 7 seconds and cuts off before the Sharks fan gets thrown down the steps. I was too far away to get a good look at it but I did see a flash of green then saw feet in the air.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:27:04 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,823
Points: 10,383
Location: Richmond, VA
jbeeman85 wrote:
I'm hoping that someone in the stands caught the fan fight late in the 3rd period and post it to youtube. So far the only one on there is about 7 seconds and cuts off before the Sharks fan gets thrown down the steps. I was too far away to get a good look at it but I did see a flash of green then saw feet in the air.


I'll have to ask my brother. He's a season ticket holder so I'm sure he was there and he always has his cell phone in hand!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.



Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations


jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 6:43:17 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
It took a while but Predators finally found some offense, scoring 3 in the third to take down the Coyotes. Pekka was great as usual, pulling off his second shutout in a row. Up next, the Ducks on Saturday night.
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 2:46:35 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
MoonKnight1 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
I'm hoping that someone in the stands caught the fan fight late in the 3rd period and post it to youtube. So far the only one on there is about 7 seconds and cuts off before the Sharks fan gets thrown down the steps. I was too far away to get a good look at it but I did see a flash of green then saw feet in the air.


I'll have to ask my brother. He's a season ticket holder so I'm sure he was there and he always has his cell phone in hand!


A couple people posted video of the fan fight. Not that great of quality of course given angles and the fact the game was actually still in progress but it works. Main thing though was that the Preds put down the Sharks that night 1-0 in OT.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:47:38 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,823
Points: 10,383
Location: Richmond, VA
Blackhawks vs Kings - I finally get to see a game on television! Hopefully the point streak will live on. No losses in regulation.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.



Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations


Kopfschuss
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:10:36 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Blackhawks vs Kings - I finally get to see a game on television! Hopefully the point streak will live on. No losses in regulation.


That Oduya's minor for slashing was "heart attack" material for me. Geeez! Finally, our amazing PK held off for our 12th win of the season!

27 points of 30 possible points, I guess that's PRETTY darn good!

Go Hawks!!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:23:05 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,823
Points: 10,383
Location: Richmond, VA
Awesome win versus the Kings! Got a scare in the third period but it ended well. I tell you what, when Seabrook took that puck to the, um - er the uh, man area? I about fell off the couch in pain myself. I hope he wasn't planning on having kids!

Canucks next up, should be a great game! Go Hawks!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.



Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations


jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:46:29 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
Tough loss for the Preds Monday afternoon to Colorado. A game that had one of the most blatant no-calls for offsides that I have ever seen. Avs ended up winning by one (6-5). Tough to lose by one when goal should not have counted. But you can't lose games that you put up 5 yourself. Chris Mason had a rough afternoon in net. No time to rest, got Detroit tonight at home.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:24:31 AM

Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/5/2013
Posts: 114
Points: 342
Location: Saguenay, QC, CAN
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Awesome win versus the Kings! Got a scare in the third period but it ended well. I tell you what, when Seabrook took that puck to the, um - er the uh, man area? I about fell off the couch in pain myself. I hope he wasn't planning on having kids!

Canucks next up, should be a great game! Go Hawks!


I'm scared as hell for that game. This one might be THE one.

I hope we won't be 12-1-3 after that one :( I'm pretty sure the Nucks will play like there is no tomorrow. Tonight is a 7th match of a Best-of-7... Stanley Cup Finals!

And yeah, when Seabrook took the puck where you just told... OUCHHH!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:52:09 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 2,823
Points: 10,383
Location: Richmond, VA
jbeeman85 wrote:
Tough loss for the Preds Monday afternoon to Colorado. A game that had one of the most blatant no-calls for offsides that I have ever seen. Avs ended up winning by one (6-5). Tough to lose by one when goal should not have counted. But you can't lose games that you put up 5 yourself. Chris Mason had a rough afternoon in net. No time to rest, got Detroit tonight at home.


I've seen some iffy calls before but that was so obviously offsides it's kind of ridiculous. I mean, everybody stopped playing, even Duchene at first. Can't blame him for putting the puck in though, who wouldn't? I thought that every goal gets reviewed, couldn't it have been reversed? That was as bad as the Seahawks/Packers replacement ref debacle. (Sorry to switch to football!)

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.



Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations


jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:52:28 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
MoonKnight1 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:
Tough loss for the Preds Monday afternoon to Colorado. A game that had one of the most blatant no-calls for offsides that I have ever seen. Avs ended up winning by one (6-5). Tough to lose by one when goal should not have counted. But you can't lose games that you put up 5 yourself. Chris Mason had a rough afternoon in net. No time to rest, got Detroit tonight at home.


I've seen some iffy calls before but that was so obviously offsides it's kind of ridiculous. I mean, everybody stopped playing, even Duchene at first. Can't blame him for putting the puck in though, who wouldn't? I thought that every goal gets reviewed, couldn't it have been reversed? That was as bad as the Seahawks/Packers replacement ref debacle. (Sorry to switch to football!)


I'm going off what Preds commentator Terry Crisp said here, he said that offsides is not a reviewable call. I figure that this will become a reviewable play soon as it would really suck if a play like that cost a team a Stanley Cup.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:47:34 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 7/11/2011
Posts: 437
Points: 1,405
Location: Nashville, TN
Preds pulled one out last night in OT against Detroit. Big win after Monday's mess in Colorado. Now, if only someone could help Nashville out and beat Chicago in regulation so that the division race actually becomes interesting.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.271 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231