Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What do you Collect? Options
AgentNasty411
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:59:16 AM
Groups: Member

On the CGC note, I bought all my CGC books, X men 1, Werewolf By Night 32, X men 3, Iron Man 55, New Mutants 87, Strange Tales 110 and Daredevil 1. It's just icing baby.
AgentNasty411
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:00:09 AM

Can't recall all of them but they were won cheap on EBay thanks Mr Seller.
Reggie
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:11:52 AM

AgentNasty411 wrote:
Maybe I didn't scan slow enough but where are the up and comers? Iron Man 55 GOTG in MS 15 ect

Do you mean issue 18?

chainsawsr
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:23:50 AM

Right now I am trying to finish off my Fables collection. I am also collecting fillers for just about all titles LoL. Doing so heavy reading and if its fine or above for fifty cents or less I am on it!

Cheers!

Where is my Fables? I need a reality check!
AgentNasty411
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:59:53 PM

That's right might of confused it with iron fist in premier.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 3:48:01 PM

I have basically finished my Foxtrot run of books. I need to fill in the gaps in my Justice League of America and Batman collection.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:27:24 AM

Anybody get any black friday comic book deals? I think Midtown comics had a sale but i didn't get anything Crying I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving!

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:31:23 AM

no not really... one store had 20% off so i saved like a buck 1.50.Rolling Eyes

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:21:44 PM

I'm really somewhat new to this collecting thing...

But I'm attempting full runs of the following:
Amazing Spider-Man
Batman
Uncanny X-Men

and am thinking of doing the same with:
Detective Comics
Incredible Hulk
X-Force (First Volume)
New Mutants (First Volume)

But as of late, new issues on my weekly pull list are getting the majority of my comic book funds...

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
frozilla
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 12:48:35 AM

teh_longinator wrote:

Amazing Spider-Man
Batman
Uncanny X-Men

Ouch. A full run of any of those will set you back quite a bit. Batman by itself would probably be a lifelong quest, for me anyhow.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
teh_longinator
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 10:34:02 AM

frozilla wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

Amazing Spider-Man
Batman
Uncanny X-Men

Ouch. A full run of any of those will set you back quite a bit. Batman by itself would probably be a lifelong quest, for me anyhow.

I realized that. But those three are what i grew up watching on Saturday mornings. (90's kid).

I'll probably be happy with scoring 100-current on all three, but from what I've noticed, x-men and spider-man aren't horribly bad if condition isn't a factor. $2000 for x-men 1 at one of my local shops...

Cave Comics

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
frozilla
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 2:14:03 PM

frozilla wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

I realized that. But those three are what i grew up watching on Saturday mornings. (90's kid).

I'll probably be happy with scoring 100-current on all three, but from what I've noticed, x-men and spider-man aren't horribly bad if condition isn't a factor. $2000 for x-men 1 at one of my local shops...

Yeah, if you can go with G/VG books, ASM and Xmen shouldn't be too awfully bad. I have runs of those as well. ASM I've got #200-current with about half of the 100-200s and 4-5 issues under #100; X-Men, I have a run of #142-current with over half the #94-142 run and very few of the 'old' X-men. That's when I started running into issues that were way overpriced for their condition. I simply won't go for a book that's priced 2-3x over what typical market price is, regardless of what it is.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to sidetrack. What issues do you currently have of those runs? I'd like to see which direction you're going with them.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:23:33 AM

frozilla wrote:
frozilla wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:

Yeah, if you can go with G/VG books, ASM and Xmen shouldn't be too awfully bad. I have runs of those as well. ASM I've got #200-current with about half of the 100-200s and 4-5 issues under #100; X-Men, I have a run of #142-current with over half the #94-142 run and very few of the 'old' X-men. That's when I started running into issues that were way overpriced for their condition. I simply won't go for a book that's priced 2-3x over what typical market price is, regardless of what it is.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to sidetrack. What issues do you currently have of those runs? I'd like to see which direction you're going with them.

Dang! you guys have so many more comic than me! Crying Show us some pics of your comic runs guys!

teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 6:19:04 PM

frozilla wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:
frozilla wrote:

I've been picking up mostly ASM and UXM in batches. Mostly later stuff. I've got about 10 or so books of each under #100, a bunch between 150-400, and of course, newer stuff (before UXM got re-vamped, that is).

Batman, on the other hand, I haven't been getting in huge amounts. Usually just an issue here and there. I've got quite a bit between 300-600...

I won't know until I get my stuff sorted, and I can't get my stuff sorted until after I upload all these other longboxes in my room to my CCL store. (Priorities, right :P)

ComicReaderBatman wrote:
Dang! you guys have so many more comic than me! Show us some pics of your comic runs guys!

Once I get my inventory uploaded, and my personal collection sorted/uploaded into an excel sheet (keeping personal and sales separate to save myself some grief)... Then I get this bookcase put together to hold/display my books... THEN I'll take a picture and plop it right up here.

My room looks like a warzone these days :/ #NeedsOrganizationalHelp :P

Cave Comics

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 8:28:04 PM

It's been a while since i've posted and I have about 200 or so comic books. Most are bronze age or 90s. A got a couple silver age 2. I might put some pics up later.

the7suns
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:20:24 AM

New here and this is my first post to the forums.
I collect these
DC- Batman, Batwoman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man
Vertigo- Fairest, Saucer Country
Image Comics- Mara, Happy, The Manhattan Projects, Fatale, FIVE GHOSTS HAUNTING OF FABIAN GRAY, SAGA,
IDW- Locke & Key, Transformers (all titles), My Little Pony, Doctor Who:Prisoners of Time, (soon to be) X-Files, Womanthology,
Dark Horse- Mind MGMT, Creepy, Eerie, Star Wars (2013 ongoing), To Hell You Ride,
Boom! Studios- Adventure Time (any subtitles too)
If only I could add more :P
fenix1977
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 5:25:10 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Spores, molds and fungus.

Mad Bloggings

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 12:06:13 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

fenix1977 wrote:
Spores, molds and fungus.

This is not a thread about your hygiene habits (or lack thereof), fenix. Tongue

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
aaus
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:26:59 AM

In my childhood, I began collecting by gathering comics (translated into Turkish) in local shops. Then I learned how to reach the original issues and my collections began to grow as a combo of different languages. For almost last 10 years, I collect only the original issues and my stack is finally transforming into a proper collection now. In general, I collect Spider-Man, Batman, Transformers and Some X-Men:

Amazing Spider-Man: One of my favorites, but there are big gaps between the issues.
Ultimate Spider-Man: Probably will be the first series that I'd complete. For now, it’s a good example of my half Turkish-half English (and a couple of trade paperbacks) mixture.
Ultimate X-Men: I’m fairly new on this one. But liked it very much and it’s growing fast.
Batman: Just some story arcs.
Transformers: One of my biggest favorites since I was a child. I especially love Dreamwave Era.

Nowadays, I am following Batman and Justice League from DC and Superior Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men from Marvel.
I also have a fairly big collection of European Comics (Zagor, Tex, Dylan Dog, Tintin, Lucky Luke, Asterix…). In fact, these are my oldest books.

“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”
jwhite
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:31:34 PM

I grew up with comic books in my house. My father was a collector from about 1970-1995. He was a big Marvel fan and has complete runs of the New Mutants (including #98 the first appearance of Deadpool), West Coast Avengers, Wolverine (Vols 1 & 2), Machine Man and various others. Along with those he has collected various Spiderman, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Avengers comics. On those he isn't close to getting full runs on those.

As far as DC goes, he wasn't very interested in most of their titles. However he did collect the first two volumes of Green Arrow and some various Batman/Detective Comics. When I got into serious collecting last October, he agreed to house his Batman collection with mine. For my collection is centered around but not limited to Batman. Pieces of my collection include:

Batman #1 (Vol.2)
Batman #'s 497, 609 (Vol.1)
Detective Comics #503 (Vol.1)
Arrow #1
Amazing Spiderman #700
Superior Spiderman #1
Uncanny X-Men #1 (Vol.3)

I wanted to get on the ground floor on the new titles that were coming out. In addition to that I have been collecting volume 1 of Batman & Detective Comics sparingly, filling out the later years of those runs.