Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
www.comicsupply.com / Russell Altomare fraud Options
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 8:44:51 PM

Groups: Member

wickedcomics wrote:
lol Laughing I never noticed the Large Noggin

just look in a mirror Mel , you have always had a large noggin...Rolling on the Floor
macc
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:24:30 AM

Thank you! I think you're right, I've started by reporting the company on the sites mentioned above and now I'm going to see if my bank can chargeback his credit card and retrieve my money.
dlangejc
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:19:44 AM

macc wrote:
Hello guys,

I've come across this post because I've been trying to get in contact with Comic Supply about an order I've paid for 13 days ago but they haven't respond. It's only been a day since I contacted them but I found it weird that a company that sells on-line wouldn't respond to my e-mails and messages through the control panel in a work day so I started doing some research and came across lots of websites that mark them as scammers and fraudsters.

What course of action would you advise me to take in order to get my money back? I've read on one of the previous replies that someone actually got their goods after threatening to file a complaint at those consumer entities so I was wondering if I should wait a couple more weeks or simply file my complaint right now.

Appreciate your advice, thanks!

MACC

MACC aplogies, I dont have any news on my order as yet and I see the emails still comming in from "good old Russ" ... in regards to new items for sale. If you are an international buyer there is no hope I'm afraid. I have spoken to numerous experts on the matter and have decided not to pursue it anymore. Its just plain fraudulent what he is up to.

Also no feedback on any of my mails sent to him - same applies for the number listed.

Hope you have a better experience.

Best regards

macc
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:53:19 AM

Hi dlangejc,

Something needs to be done about that website. It makes no sense that after so many complaints he's still on-line and scamming people. I will pursue it to the last consequences.

So far I've filed a complaint on those three websites and this morning I went to see my bank about it. Next I will file a complaint with local law enforcement and afterwards I'll try to escalate it so that they contact authorities there in the US and put a stop to this.

Fortunately I didn't lose much money but I've seen people complaining about hundreds of USD. That should be enough to go to small claims court and win, at least I think you have a judicial system there in the US that doesn't take lightly on any type of offence.

Didn't your credit card company manage to track the transaction and refund your money? After all the complaints against him the guy is sure to have a very negative track record on his credit card company.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:33:06 PM

I can't believe that this guy is still trying to get away with this crap! At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End At Wits' End
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:30:12 PM

taken from the contact us page

Contact Us
Home » Contact Us
Please note that this form is only for general inquiries & comments - if you have a question about an order you have placed, login to your account, go to the specific order and use the form in there to send us your question. Questions about orders sent through this form will not be responded to.

If you have a general question or comment, please fill out the form below and click the "send"-button. You may also contact us by phone at 1-800-978-9696.

has anybody tried to call them...
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:52:16 PM

nope they dont even answer the phone....
dlangejc
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:15:38 AM

macc wrote:
Hi dlangejc,

Something needs to be done about that website. It makes no sense that after so many complaints he's still on-line and scamming people. I will pursue it to the last consequences.

So far I've filed a complaint on those three websites and this morning I went to see my bank about it. Next I will file a complaint with local law enforcement and afterwards I'll try to escalate it so that they contact authorities there in the US and put a stop to this.

Fortunately I didn't lose much money but I've seen people complaining about hundreds of USD. That should be enough to go to small claims court and win, at least I think you have a judicial system there in the US that doesn't take lightly on any type of offence.

Didn't your credit card company manage to track the transaction and refund your money? After all the complaints against him the guy is sure to have a very negative track record on his credit card company.

I agree and it needs to end - I am not too concerned about the money and the transaction I have written off. My CC company is also based in the US so I dont think its worth the fight. International calls are expensive so I wont pursue it any further. Phoning doesnt help as they just dont answer or respond via e-mail, phone or the control panel. I have spoken to the FBI white collar crime unit and Detroit Better Business unit but have not had any feedback in regards.

For now I'm doing my best to warn people againt Comicsuppy.

Where are you based? I am outside of the US so it makes it difficult to pursue.

macc
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:29:43 PM

Hi,

I'm in Portugal, I've reported the guy to all the websites mentioned except BBB Online because their form is seriously flawed.

(In the phase where you have to describe the company even though you mark a checkbox saying that the company is on-line only they still ask you for address, state, postal code, incredible... then when writing your personal information they ask your country and even though you're foreign they expect you to write an US state and postal code, seriously? Wrote two complains to their tech support reporting this but no response so far.)

Supposedly my bank is investigating the guy, I filed a formal complaint, possibly they'll be able to perform a chargeback on his account given he has enough previous offences, don't know how the system works exactly.

From the complaint websites I'm still to receive a reply, including the FBI.

I've also written an e-mail to the guy's web hosting provider but am still waiting for a reply from them too.

I had the idea American authorities didn't go lightly on this type of offences but after all it seems any individual can create a shopping website and do pretty much whatever he wants with other people's money and get away with it.
dlangejc
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:12:59 AM

The FBI will prioritize matters - they might get to our cases in a few years .... comic book fraud .... Shame on You
Jim
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:09:27 PM

Fortunately this site is indexed by google so the more negative feedback this guy gets the more people will know about it if they do their due diligence and google him before buying.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
PROVOST
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 10:12:17 AM

Hi Everyone!

New member but long time comic collector here from Australia.

I've also just recently had an experience with Russell Altamore,not as severe (hopefully) so far but still can confirm this guy is quite unprofessional and seems to get quite steamed real quick if mention of the CC being disputed.

I'll post screenshots of it all if need be but must stress I would not recommend this guy or comicsupply.com AT ALL.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 10:58:37 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Has anybody contacted Mr. Altamore's state Attorney General?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
RemingtonCollection
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:52:00 PM

Hi I just found this site by searching for Altamare. He got me too. I made a big order, which was charged immediately, then waited a month and got nothing. I disputed the charge and he tried to sweet talk me into keeping my order - he was real nice. Then he found out the charge was reversed and he went ballistic, calling me a "(banned)got" and telling me to copulate with my mother (who died recently, BTW). I urge anyone reading this to never, ever do business with this creep. I had intended to give him another shot, as I need about $1600 more in supplies but he will never get anything from me.
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:53:07 PM

RemingtonCollection wrote:
Hi I just found this site by searching for Altamare. He got me too. I made a big order, which was charged immediately, then waited a month and got nothing. I disputed the charge and he tried to sweet talk me into keeping my order - he was real nice. Then he found out the charge was reversed and he went ballistic, calling me a "(banned)got" and telling me to copulate with my mother (who died recently, BTW). I urge anyone reading this to never, ever do business with this creep. I had intended to give him another shot, as I need about $1600 more in supplies but he will never get anything from me.

Sorry to hear this. I wish there was a way to get the word out before people buy but it's good to hear that an internet search will pull this thread up. Glad you were smart enough to dispute the charge and get your money back too. A lot of folks, including me, didn't do that and just got hosed.

..and Welcome to CCL!

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
wickedcomics
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:48:54 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

RemingtonCollection wrote:

Sorry to hear he insulted your family and gave you problems. At least one good thing came from your misfortune and you found this forum/website. Which is the best place to buy/sell and talk about comics Big Grin. Welcome to CCL and let me know what type of supplies you are looking for and maybe we can work something out. I sell these:

BAGS
Heroes Aren't hard to find (Made in the USA)
Ultra Pro

BOARDS
Heroes Aren't Hard to Find (Made in the USA)

I'm very picky about my boards. I don't like ones that are flimsy and fail my wobble test, where I wiggle it around and see it wobbling like paper. The heroes boards we use are genuine 24 point and nice and sturdy. I'm also picky about my bags, I hate when you put a new bag on a comic and a few weeks later it's already warped. The bags/boards we sell are top notch Winking

DeadAvenger
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:46:45 PM

In regards to Russell Altomare AKA Russell James Altomare DBA comicsupply.com AKA www.comicsupply.com AKA comicsupply AKA\DBA Aso Enterprises.

Unfortunately I have also been swindled by this scam of a site known as ComicSupply.com. I know this thread is a bit dated, but I felt the need to reiterate and hopefully raise the search rankings of this post a bit.

It should be noted that what he is doing is a crime. It only takes a few minutes to report him to the various entities that handle such matters. Even if you have conceded in taking a financial loss, you should still take action so that he can be investigated by the appropriate authorities.

After doing some leg work and filing my complaints, I recommend you start with the following:

Fraud.org (National Consumers League)
http://www.fraud.org/complaint

Quote:
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR REPORT:
We will enter the information in our state-of-the-art incident report system.
We will relay your report to the appropriate federal, state or local law enforcement agencies.
Your report will be transmitted to the Federal Trade Commission's Consumer Sentinel complaint database and the National Association of Attorneys General. This information is available 24 hours a day to law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and Canada.
Information you provide informs federal and state regulators of possible illegal telemarketing or Internet activities. While there is no guarantee that you will recover money lost to fraud, you can at least help stop fraud and punish wrong-doers.

MI State Attorney's Consumer Complaint Site:
http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331-42077--,00.html

Quote:
If you submit a complaint, a copy of the complaint may be sent to the business about whom the complaint is issued and may be sent to other governmental agencies for their review. Complaints and supporting documents are public records. Some complaints may become the subject of civil or criminal cases and may be subject to disclosure as part of a court proceeding.

FBI - Internet Crime Complaint Center
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx?

Quote:
The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant.

Other resources:
http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html

His site is hosted on servers at Host Rocket, you can let them know he is violating their TOS.
http://www.hostrocket.com/
Terms of Service: http://www.hostrocket.com/tos/
Abuse form: https://support.hostrocket.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=5

Same for his payment processor, Plug'n Pay, violation of Use Policy:
http://www.plugnpay.com/
Use Policy: http://www.plugnpay.com/use.php

Domain registered with:
http://hostopia.com/contact

FTC: (fraud.org submits to this system)
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Quote:
The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, collects complaints about companies, business practices, identity theft, and episodes of violence in the media.
Why: Your complaints can help us detect patterns of wrong-doing, and lead to investigations and prosecutions. The FTC enters all complaints it receives into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.

Rippoff Report:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/FileReport.aspx

ComicSupply.Com toll free: 800-978-9696

Public WHOIS information for comicsupply.com:
Registar Information:
Registration Service Provider:
Hostopia.com Inc, d/b/a Aplus.net
+1.8772758763
dns@cs.aplus.net

Registrant:
Aso enterprises
Russell Altomare
26395 Northline commerce drive suite 605
Taylor, MI 48180
US
Phone: +1.7349479485
Email: russellaltomare@wowway.com

EDIT 2/27/2013 - Added Web hosting abuse contact form link
pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:48:52 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

DeadAvenger wrote:
In regards to Russell Altomare AKA Russell James Altomare DBA comicsupply.com AKA www.comicsupply.com AKA comicsupply AKA\DBA Aso Enterprises.

Unfortunately I have also been swindled by this scam of a site known as ComicSupply.com. I know this thread is a bit dated, but I felt the need to reiterate and hopefully raise the search rankings of this post a bit.

It should be noted that what he is doing is a crime. It only takes a few minutes to report him to the various entities that handle such matters. Even if you have conceded in taking a financial loss, you should still take action so that he can be investigated by the appropriate authorities.

After doing some leg work and filing my complaints, I recommend you start with the following:

Fraud.org (National Consumers League)
http://www.fraud.org/complaint

Quote:
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR REPORT:
We will enter the information in our state-of-the-art incident report system.
We will relay your report to the appropriate federal, state or local law enforcement agencies.
Your report will be transmitted to the Federal Trade Commission's Consumer Sentinel complaint database and the National Association of Attorneys General. This information is available 24 hours a day to law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and Canada.
Information you provide informs federal and state regulators of possible illegal telemarketing or Internet activities. While there is no guarantee that you will recover money lost to fraud, you can at least help stop fraud and punish wrong-doers.

MI State Attorney's Consumer Complaint Site:
http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331-42077--,00.html

Quote:
If you submit a complaint, a copy of the complaint may be sent to the business about whom the complaint is issued and may be sent to other governmental agencies for their review. Complaints and supporting documents are public records. Some complaints may become the subject of civil or criminal cases and may be subject to disclosure as part of a court proceeding.

FBI - Internet Crime Complaint Center
http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx?

Quote:
The IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the actual victim or from a third party to the complainant.

Other resources:
http://www.stopfraud.gov/report.html

His site is hosted on servers at Host Rocket, you can let them know he is violating their TOS.
http://www.hostrocket.com/
Terms of Service: http://www.hostrocket.com/tos/

Same for his payment processor, Plug'n Pay, violation of Use Policy:
http://www.plugnpay.com/
Use Policy: http://www.plugnpay.com/use.php

Domain registered with:
http://hostopia.com/contact

FTC: (fraud.org submits to this system)
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Quote:
The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, collects complaints about companies, business practices, identity theft, and episodes of violence in the media.
Why: Your complaints can help us detect patterns of wrong-doing, and lead to investigations and prosecutions. The FTC enters all complaints it receives into Consumer Sentinel, a secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement authorities worldwide. The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.

Rippoff Report:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/FileReport.aspx

ComicSupply.Com toll free: 800-978-9696

Public WHOIS information for comicsupply.com:
Registar Information:
Registration Service Provider:
Hostopia.com Inc, d/b/a Aplus.net
+1.8772758763
dns@cs.aplus.net

Registrant:
Aso enterprises
Russell Altomare
26395 Northline commerce drive suite 605
Taylor, MI 48180
US
Phone: +1.7349479485
Email: russellaltomare@wowway.com

Great info!

Each complaint ads up, death by a thousand cuts...

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
caseysorrow
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:16:04 AM

Groups: Approver, Member

You left out Detroit's Better Business Bureau:

http://detroit.bbb.org/

And I found his local Yelp listing here, if you are so inclined:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aso-enterprises-llc-taylor

Casey

DeadAvenger
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:34:34 PM

caseysorrow wrote:
You left out Detroit's Better Business Bureau:

http://detroit.bbb.org/

And I found his local Yelp listing here, if you are so inclined:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aso-enterprises-llc-taylor

Good idea, I started to look on the BBB, but the initial search didn't yield his company. I am going to submit him to their site today.

I will say that the MI State Attorney's form was pretty straight forward and only took a few minutes to fill out. You can even check a box to say you are not needing a response from them but just to inform of the fraud. They will investigate and possibly prosecute if enough people come forward.

Same for the fraud.org form, only took a couple of minutes. Definitely worth the time.

As Pottersan said...
Quote:
Each complaint ads up, death by a thousand cuts...