Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:34:36 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

DeadAvenger wrote:
caseysorrow wrote:
You left out Detroit's Better Business Bureau:

http://detroit.bbb.org/

And I found his local Yelp listing here, if you are so inclined:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aso-enterprises-llc-taylor

Good idea, I started to look on the BBB, but the initial search didn't yield his company. I am going to submit him to their site today.

I will say that the MI State Attorney's form was pretty straight forward and only took a few minutes to fill out. You can even check a box to say you are not needing a response from them but just to inform of the fraud. They will investigate and possibly prosecute if enough people come forward.

Same for the fraud.org form, only took a couple of minutes. Definitely worth the time.

As Pottersan said...
Quote:
Each complaint ads up, death by a thousand cuts...

Wish I would have known about the fraud.org site a couple years back.

My mom bought an online voucher that was supposed to get me a random lot of comics for Christmas. The voucher wouldn't redeem online. Me and my mom tried to write the guy with no reply. So I finally threatened to turn him into the BBB. But I never did because the way the website is set up on the BBB, you have to report a physical business, and it wouldn't accept an online one.

Too late to do anything about it at this point, though.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:55:48 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I have used them for bags/boards in the past and didn't have a problem, but this is really good to know, which brings me to a somewhat unrelated question...Where is the best place/cheapest/reliable online that you have found to buy supplies like bags and boards. I have always found shipping is pretty outrageous on this type of stuff, but I am quite a ways from the nearest LCS...pm me if you have any good leads.
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:23:27 PM

Groups: Member

kevscomics wrote:
Where is the best place/cheapest/reliable online that you have found to buy supplies like bags and boards. I have always found shipping is pretty outrageous on this type of stuff, but I am quite a ways from the nearest LCS...pm me if you have any good leads.

I always buy mine off Amazon, since I have a prime account it seems to end up cheaper then paying huge shipping fees

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

sternn
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:18:01 PM

Hi all,

I'm posting to add my voice to the choir of grievances against comicsupply.com and Russell Altomare. Like others have said, I wish I had done some research before placing my order with these frauds. Every person who adds to this thread increases the chance that this company and the man who runs it will do no more harm to customers, so here's my story.

On February 4th, 2013, I ordered some bags, boards, and top loaders from ComicSupply.com. After seven weeks, they had not shipped my merchandise, so I requested that the order be cancelled and a credit be given back to my card. I made this request on March 27, 2013 via the comment & status section of the ComicSupply.com website. After almost two more weeks and several more attempts via both email and the comment section on ComicSupply.com to convince Russell Altomare to issue the refund, I finally had no choice but to ask my credit card company to do a chargeback on 4/9/13.

As far as I can tell, the chargeback finally resulted in the return of my money.

Mr. Altomare gave me the run-around for two months, and when I finally had enough and requested a refund, I was either ignored or mollified for a further two weeks. My only recourse was to have my credit card company do a chargeback. Mr. Altomare had every chance to do the right thing, but instead chose to ignore and alienate a paying customer.

Today, 4/25/13, I received what is apparently a farewell email from Mr. Altomare, which I will reproduce below. After the chargeback went through, I considered the matter closed. I would not be posting here today if Mr. Altomare hadn't taken this last, classless parting shot (see the comment for 4/25 at the bottom):

Apparently his own website software filtered his language for him. Unless "male sexual organ head" is an insult where he comes from?

Today I have submitted complaints to both the Michigan BBB and the Michigan State Attorney's Consumer Complaint Site.

Please think twice about doing business with this man.
Jim
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:37:18 PM

It costs him a $30 fee?? Dang, I wish more people would do this to him and put his stupid butt out of business!

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
MER
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 1:26:59 AM

Jim wrote:
It costs him a $30 fee?? Dang, I wish more people would do this to him and put his stupid butt out of business!

How is he still around? I mean, every year there's another person who gets scammed by him. There's enough complaints to warrant that it has its own day; 'Russell Altomare Scam Day'? Wall

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"