Welcome Guest Active Topics
Bretts Comic Pile Options
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:08:36 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Jim wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
Pricing is poor here, too much inventory & not enough traffic. Back when it only took 5000 books to reach page 1 it was awesome, I sat & picked off deals on Ebay & listed them here for double. Now I do the exact opposite. I have a lot of regulars here & am not leaving anytime soon but it would serve CCL well to fix some bugs & maybe find some ways to speed things up. Comics are hot & they're kind of missing the boat.

A lot is happening behind the scenes...stay tuned. Angel

Now that's what I like to hear.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

4saken1
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:15:58 PM

I've definitely seen an uptake in the number of orders I've had in the last few months. IDK if it's because a few of the larger stores are vacating or what, but I certainly need to start looking for some more inventory soon to keep this ball rolling.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:52:41 PM

Groups: Member

4saken1 wrote:
I've definitely seen an uptake in the number of orders I've had in the last few months. IDK if it's because a few of the larger stores are vacating or what, but I certainly need to start looking for some more inventory soon to keep this ball rolling.....

ill be marking down a lot of my inventory over the next month before closing on the 31st
b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:18:59 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:
A lot is happening behind the scenes...stay tuned.

not trying to beat a dead horse here but we've been hearing this for how long now
Jim
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:23:48 PM

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:

not trying to beat a dead horse here but we've been hearing this for how long now

Believe what you want, it doesn't change the fact.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:07:27 PM

Shop at My Store

I believe you Jim, it's been quiet upstairs for a while now so something must be coming. The million $ question is what are we getting. Hopefully we can do well & have it be because we're stealing business from other sites & not dividing up the sales of departed sellers. The demand is definitely out there for CCL to grab.

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

DRUMCZAR
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:15:59 PM

Shop at My Store

CrossbowComics wrote:
I have a lot of regulars here & am not leaving anytime soon but it would serve CCL well to fix some bugs & maybe find some ways to speed things up. Comics are hot & they're kind of missing the boat.

Agreed! I'm a CCL Exclusive Seller & would Love to see more Traffic.

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
Jim
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:20:49 PM

All I can really say is that it'll all come together nicely by the end of the year. I don't think you'll be disappointed because believe me, the stuff you guys want to see put in is all the same stuff I want and since I get to help design it...well you know.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
4saken1
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 12:08:33 AM

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
ill be marking down a lot of my inventory over the next month before closing on the 31st

....looking forward to it. Sad to see you go. Hopefully you'll still be active in the forums.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

JbombTheGreat
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:15:59 AM

4saken1 wrote:

....looking forward to it. Sad to see you go. Hopefully you'll still be active in the forums.

Yes my friend, why must you go?
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:05:42 AM

Quote:

Yea it doesn't change the fact for the past 2 years we've been waiting for some updates. I can say we have seen some changes since you join the team but like I said every year someone post big changes coming either at the start or end of the year in nothing happens.
HeroComics
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 11:40:39 AM

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:

Yea it doesn't change the fact for the past 2 years we've been waiting for some updates. I can say we have seen some changes since you join the team but like I said every year someone post big changes coming either at the start or end of the year in nothing happens.

Actually I beleive Jim. He has been straight up with me, and actually quite helpful.

I know the site wasn't set to scale as it could have but we all get to badger them for the features we want, even if it takes a long time to impliment. They (CCL) LISTEN to us. It is more than I can say for Feebay, Amazon, Etc.

I may not always agree, but I think they are pretty solid about it.
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 5:00:51 PM

Please don't get me wrong Jim is a nice guy. Heck at one time I had a monthly pull from him before he stopped doing it. I also have no reason not to beleive Jim, but when CCL first starter you always saw Joe on the boards & then its like he vanished. Then we started to see Steve around the forums in now you really don't see him anymore. To me it just seems more & more people are leaving the site & stores are closing. I'll keep my fingers crossed & hope for the best.
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 5:21:02 PM

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Please don't get me wrong Jim is a nice guy. Heck at one time I had a monthly pull from him before he stopped doing it. I also have no reason not to beleive Jim, but when CCL first starter you always saw Joe on the boards & then its like he vanished. Then we started to see Steve around the forums in now you really don't see him anymore. To me it just seems more & more people are leaving the site & stores are closing. I'll keep my fingers crossed & hope for the best.

Currently there are 141 stores open. Ever since I first started on CCL, that number has always hovered between 135 and 150. It's true that a couple high-profile stores have closed, but the user base/membership is always increasing. I'm constantly filling orders from and communicating with brand new members.
dunleavy75
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 8:41:41 PM

4saken1 wrote:

Nooooooooo!

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
pottersan
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 10:18:26 PM

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:

+1 At Wits' End

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 4:22:17 PM

Well I hope it comes sooner then the end of the year, if I dont make enough sales to cover the monthly cost, I will close my store as well. Traffic is the only thing I think is really lacking on this site, around 90k users/sellers/members to me is way to low especially since theres how many people on the planet with internet lol.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

www.43rdstreetmtgcards.com

www.43rdstreetcomicbooks.com

b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 7:47:46 PM

I don't even think there is 90k active members
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:00:34 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

b0bafett wrote:

I've been noticing the same thing, and to be honest have started to get a little worried lately.

For now, CCL is still the best place to get comics online, and it still has a great community. However, that stock of comics and that community seems to be getting smaller and smaller and I'm starting to wonder if it's only a matter of time now.

I really hope not. And for now, I'm having faith because this truly has been (not just sucking up here, truth) the best comic buying site and best comic community on the web for me.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:10:08 PM

i agree with doom 100% but the community is shrinking quit a bit... theres only a small handful now and member getting banned etc... i think theres a huge need for more advertisement

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1