thinking about going with online preorder Options
Reggie
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:44:01 PM

Groups: Member

kevscomics wrote:
inhumanking wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
i used heroes corner a few years ago

i did too. now i subscribe monthly with ComicsCastle.

if you're seriously considering ordering online, do yourself a favor and drop Pat an email or PM. 35+ CCL'ers currently use him, can we all be wrong?

the discount is REALLY good, and IRT the issues SwiftMann brought up...

- packing is top notch

- customer service is always an email, phone call, or CCL PM away. it's always been same day, super prompt.

I agree, I am new with PAT, just started this month, and he really made the transition easy...I was really concerned about missing books but no problems whatsoever

Same here. Very pleased with Pat's service. Definitely give him a try.

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:21:45 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:
Yeah that does suck. 6 plus dollars for shipping 2 books doesn't make since. At 2 books it'd probably be better to just have a pull box at your lcs

That's the issue the isn't a lcs where I live it closed down acouple of years ago
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:09:52 PM

Reggie wrote:
kevscomics wrote:
inhumanking wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
i used heroes corner a few years ago

i did too. now i subscribe monthly with ComicsCastle.

if you're seriously considering ordering online, do yourself a favor and drop Pat an email or PM. 35+ CCL'ers currently use him, can we all be wrong?

the discount is REALLY good, and IRT the issues SwiftMann brought up...

- packing is top notch

- customer service is always an email, phone call, or CCL PM away. it's always been same day, super prompt.

I agree, I am new with PAT, just started this month, and he really made the transition easy...I was really concerned about missing books but no problems whatsoever

Same here. Very pleased with Pat's service. Definitely give him a try.

i will after i get out of the service and i can constantly keep track. until then i'll probably give DCBS a try.

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:
Yeah that does suck. 6 plus dollars for shipping 2 books doesn't make since. At 2 books it'd probably be better to just have a pull box at your lcs

That's the issue the isn't a lcs where I live it closed down acouple of years ago

ah, man i've been there that sucks. how far is the closest shop?

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Raziel84
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:46:32 AM

Nate77 wrote:
Raziel84 wrote:
Hello I was really thinking about this because of the discounts but I just dont know anything about online subscriptions if anyone could just fill me in on how they work and how I get involved I would be gratfull

Most of them work the same, you look through a preview catalog either online or hardcopy, these books are 2 months away from being released, you log in pick your books. Most sites offer weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly shipping you choose bags and boards its usually your choice. Then you pay and wait 2 months for delivery.

Hey thanks for the info what sites come recommended by you guys so I can get a better look at all this and do they charge for shipping?
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:00:54 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:
ah, man i've been there that sucks. how far is the closest shop?

about a hour drive 1 way
CFGuy
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 9:20:38 AM

Raziel84 wrote:

Hey thanks for the info what sites come recommended by you guys so I can get a better look at all this and do they charge for shipping?

G-mart was mentioned above. I have been buying from them since 1996 and I have never missed getting an issue that I ordered. I currently get 11 titles per month. Even with that many, shipping would eat up a lot of the discount. G-Mart allows you to select how often the books ship. I have mine set to ship once every 2 months. That lets me divide the shipping between two months. Typically my shipping cost is $6.50 per shipment.

There is also an option to hold the books until shipping is free. You have to reach $85 in comics for free shipping. I could set my shipping option to free and get an order once every 3 months. I also selected the option to have them shipped in bags but passed on the boards.

As to having to login every month. You don't. I have setup the titles I want as a Subscription so each month the new issues for that title gets added. I entered my credit card info and they automatically charge my card each month.

G-mart.com

After proof reading, I think I sound like a commercial. lol
I'm not affliated with them, just really happy with the service.

--
Jeff

My current subscriptions:
Justice League, Justice League Of America, Legion Of Super Heroes
Doctor Who Classics, Doctor Who Ongoing, Doctor Who Prisoners of Time,
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 11:40:19 AM

CFGuy wrote:
Raziel84 wrote:

G-mart was mentioned above. I have been buying from them since 1996 and I have never missed getting an issue that I ordered. I currently get 11 titles per month. Even with that many, shipping would eat up a lot of the discount. G-Mart allows you to select how often the books ship. I have mine set to ship once every 2 months. That lets me divide the shipping between two months. Typically my shipping cost is $6.50 per shipment.

There is also an option to hold the books until shipping is free. You have to reach $85 in comics for free shipping. I could set my shipping option to free and get an order once every 3 months. I also selected the option to have them shipped in bags but passed on the boards.

As to having to login every month. You don't. I have setup the titles I want as a Subscription so each month the new issues for that title gets added. I entered my credit card info and they automatically charge my card each month.

www.g-mart.com

After proof reading, I think I sound like a commercial. lol
I'm not affliated with them, just really happy with the service.

That was me and been with them for a couple years now and love them, wouldnt buy back issues from them but for subscription they cant be beat.

I have mine set to ship when free shipping is reached and when I get tired of waiting just log in and request shipment. So costs me like $6 every 3 months for shipping which is better then $6 a month.

They also have an option for requesting MINT books so you always get the cream of the crop books but eats up discount.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Alarion
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 12:13:37 PM

good service or no, that website is absolutely garish. Reminds me of websites ca.1998. ;)
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 2:26:21 PM

lol that's what i thought. looks really out dated. either no ones said anything bad about g-mart so i'll look farther into using them. when i have a more stable career where i'm actually home more than 6 months out the year i'll switch over use pat.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 5:43:52 PM

Alarion wrote:
good service or no, that website is absolutely garish. Reminds me of websites ca.1998. ;)

lol, its back issue search engine sucks as well but they are vastly overpriced anyways so just use them for subscriptions.

I have always found that when someone builds a website and it starts making money they tend to stop working on it and just enjoying the money. Then sadly later when site really needs update its too late and hard to find the time to fix. So site tends to stay the exact same until it stops making money, then it is fixed but usually too late. (Sounds familiar, lol)

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Grwurz
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:51:58 PM

I've used DCBS for about 3 years and haven't had any problems. Some guys on the Valiantfans message board use Mail order comics and I have heard good things.

Really, DCBS isn't that labor intensive. You only need to go on once a month to set up your order and, unless you are just browsing what's available, takes about 5 minutes max.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
dunleavy75
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 9:18:37 PM

Pat is king! Anyone that gives him a try will never leave. He brings his A game every day.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 2:54:09 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

You could always try messaging a few of the top stores on here and see what they can do for you. Maybe try talking to Comics Castle, Finar, Read The Story Play The Game, Pee Wee Comics, Geek-Chic Games & Comics, The Goblin's Cavern (danscomics) as well as Chamber of Comics. Those are the stores I shop at the most on CCL and they are all top notch. I can shoot you their store links if you can't find them.

Mad Bloggings

Raziel84
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:12:07 AM

Wow again din't expect that many responces thank you guys now I get the task of picking one of these great sites jsut learned my sons best friends dad subscribes to DCBS I guess all in all I need to look at the sites and see what I like might try to get in touch with some of the stores here see what they offer keep hearing alot of good things about Pat shopped at his store once and was very much impresses with my order so we shall see....now to convince my wife that I need to spen more money every month on comics
Nate77
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:44:19 AM

Raziel84 wrote:
Wow again din't expect that many responces thank you guys now I get the task of picking one of these great sites jsut learned my sons best friends dad subscribes to DCBS I guess all in all I need to look at the sites and see what I like might try to get in touch with some of the stores here see what they offer keep hearing alot of good things about Pat shopped at his store once and was very much impresses with my order so we shall see....now to convince my wife that I need to spen more money every month on comics
Mailordercomics.com is another option as well they are very similiar to DCBS.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
rtmode
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:50:28 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I’ve been thinking about getting a subscription to. I have been going to my LCS since 1990. In the last few years they have been charging on average an extra 15% on cover price to cover their “shipping costs”. In short, because they order so little comics their shipping costs are higher than they were when they used to move more units. Rather than enticing customers to buy more comics or get new customers into the shop they have compensated by adding an extra 15% mark up to their loyal customers. This practice really bothers me. I have approached the owner about it but he’s unwilling to back down from his decision.
The next closest shop is an hour away. According to the owner there they get lots of business from my town.
Some of the places I have found online have already been mentioned, but here is some links:
dcbservice.com/index.aspx
midtowncomics.com
expertcomics.com
allnewcomics.com
g-mart.com
mailordercomics.com
Is there anyone from western Canada here who has a subscription? Even though some of these online shops have good discounts a lot (or all) of the savings are eaten away after you pay for the shipping.
Jim
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:54:42 AM

I'm currently offering 40% off cover to sub holders for my service.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app