Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Superior Spider-Man Options
crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:53:27 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I have to say, Slott has taken a very hated decision and made some great stories out of it so far. Can't wait to see what he does next!

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Astro City, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Grimm, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Inhuman, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Quantum & Woody, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Secret Origins, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Velvet, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Forever Evil, Origin II, Original Sin, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 11:51:12 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

crackerjack1 wrote:
I have to say, Slott has taken a very hated decision and made some great stories out of it so far. Can't wait to see what he does next!

You and I have far different defintions of "great stories". This hasn't held up to the classic Spidey stories at all, or even the recent Brand New Day stories for that matter; IMO.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:34:27 PM

Groups: Member

BurningDoom wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

You and I have far different defintions of "great stories". This hasn't held up to the classic Spidey stories at all, or even the recent Brand New Day stories for that matter; IMO.
slott has made some great stories... some crappy ones as well I hope this is just a slump. I have to say that steggmens ( is that his name?) Art has been pretty decent... I didn't care a whole lot for ramos' campy art but casellis' was pretty good. I'm curious as to how many more stories slott has left. He's deffently been better than stratzynski's run.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:38:49 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

See I think Brand New Day was boring and I thought JMS's run was "mostly" really good.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Astro City, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Grimm, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Inhuman, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Quantum & Woody, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Secret Origins, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Velvet, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Forever Evil, Origin II, Original Sin, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:45:35 PM

His stories were good... I just think they would have been better as what if stories lol not a fan of what he did continuity wise.

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:00:52 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

I'm loving every minute of Superior Spider-Man. With the exception of "The Other", I absolutely hated JMS's run on ASM. I did not like Brand New Day, not because of the actual reboot, I just didn't like the stories that came out of it until Slott started being the regular writer on the series.

What excites me about Superior Spider-Man is the character development of Otto. Couldn't care less about Peter because we all know that at his core, Peter will never stop being Peter. Spider-Man fans know Peter inside and out and out as a character, so Marvel will never do anything that strays too far from that.

To me, now, the only way to make Peter more interesting is to make his villains more interesting and that's what Slott is succeeding at.

I'm getting a kick out of getting this close of a look inside of Otto's head. People have to stop looking at it as Slott ruining Spider-Man and look at it as Slott giving Otto Octavius a whole new lease on life in the Marvel U. And I love how Otto's growth WILL have an impact on Peter Parker as a character since he's been a witness to his life from a whole other perspective. It's almost like "Peter Parker, THIS is YOUR LIFE!"

To me, it's been brilliant and interesting and fresh so far.

I love it when Marvel has the balls to shake things up in the Spider-Man Universe cause I'm sick of reading the same old stuff.

The ideas will never be 100% successful, but readers can't forget that there's always a way to get back to how things were if something just doesn't stick.

50 years, people! If you keep writing the same old Spidey, you're gonna run out of stories to tell.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.
griff193
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 2:54:43 PM

I have to say I thought I would hate Superior Spider-man, but am really enjoying it. This title needed a shake up, the the story IMO has been executed well. I am just not happy about chasing down those variants...I have all 5, and #9 on order, but forgot to order the #6 variant through my online store...Wall

icarus201
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:33:50 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

On another side note, this is some cover. Kind of like the psychedelic posters for Grateful Dead concerts or sleeves in the 60's.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
frank666
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 6:34:37 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

although I havent read Superior yet, I am already hoping for a speedy return of PP and of course Amazing Spider-man, because we all know that the title will return.

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 10:42:55 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

frank666 wrote:
I am already hoping for a speedy return of PP and of course Amazing Spider-man, because we all know that the title will return.

Wouldn't be too sure about ASM returning any time soon. Look's like Marvel is really pushing the "Superior Spider-Man" brand. They're renaming "Avenging Spider-Man" to "Superior Spider-Man Team-Up" in July. Also this summer, Marvel is launching a new ongoing series titled "Superior Foes of Spider-Man" and a new "Superior Carnage" mini-series.

“We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." W. H. Auden

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
LordMikel
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:48:27 PM

It is beginning to sound like the Clone Saga all over again. If I remember properly, an interview with the writer talks about the clone saga. It was something like this, "It had really good initial sales, so good in fact that upper management decided to have us lengthen the story. So we had to come up with more stories and what should've been a six month long story became a 4 year long storyline and people hating it after awhile." Or something similar to that.

Sales went up so that means it must be good, didn't we all know that? :)
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 1:41:47 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I just hope that when Peter is back in control that Doc is gone for good.

Mad Bloggings

Grwurz
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:21:56 AM

I read that Slott is saying fans are really gonna be (banned) after issue 9.

What could possibly piss Spidey fans off even more than the last 5 years or so?

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:57:22 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

fenix1977 wrote:
I just hope that when Peter is back in control that Doc is gone for good.

You know that ain't gonna happen. Marvel hasn't killed a character yet that they haven't brought back.

“We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." W. H. Auden

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
LordMikel
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:55:02 AM

Grwurz wrote:

I wonder if SSP is going to kill ... Peter's cop exgirlfriend, whose name escapes me. (Carlie?) Wasn't she figuring out the truth? He kills her to keep his identity a secret.
Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 8:15:13 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Grwurz wrote:

It really makes you wonder when a writer (and Marvel in general) brags about how they are angering long-time readers of a book. I guess it's considered positive to insult the core audience.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 10:14:41 AM

I've hung around just because i love spidey and i haven't missed an issue... but i'm really hating this series. i wanna drop it sooooo badly but my loyalty for him is starting to waiver... :(

Grwurz
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:57:40 PM

Thundercron wrote:
Grwurz wrote:

It really makes you wonder when a writer (and Marvel in general) brags about how they are angering long-time readers of a book. I guess it's considered positive to insult the core audience.

I think it's more of a slap in the face to the people who were sending Slott death threats on Twitter. It's also one of those things that I think gets people to pick up a certain issue.

It reminds me of that part in the movie private parts when they are discussing Howard Stern's ratings. They asked why people who loved him tuned in and the response was: "They wanted to hear what he was going to say." Then they asked why even MORE people who hated him tuned in the response was: "They wanted to hear what he was going to say"

I think this is more of they want people to see what all the fuss is about.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
Grwurz
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:58:19 PM

icarus201 wrote:
On another side note, this is some cover. Kind of like the psychedelic posters for Grateful Dead concerts or sleeves in the 60's.

I actually want issue #9 for this cover alone!

Come take a look!
LordMikel
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:40:41 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
I've hung around just because i love spidey and i haven't missed an issue... but i'm really hating this series. i wanna drop it sooooo badly but my loyalty for him is starting to waiver... :(

I'm actually tempted to drop the Avengers title he is cause I hate this storyline that much.