Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:08:45 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
I know god @#$% blackhawks! Lose already! At this point they could 80% of their games now and still make the play offs. My poor wild are just ugh... I can't even talk about it.

Wild deserve it. After Leopold signed Parise and Suter to ridiculous deals and then he turns around and says deals like that are killing hockey? Yeah, you're part of the problem. Not part of the solution. Keep that traitorous Parise, hope he never sniffs the playoffs again. Keep sniffin' Suter's sack there Zachie boy.

@crunchbird - Devils have relied on Brodeur primarily (no surprise there) but he's been splitting back to backs with Hedberg. Hedberg has been getting other starts here and there too. Now, with Brodeur out for a few games Hedberg will get the next few starts.

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:41:53 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Wow 5-1 Ducks over Preds. So glad that I decided to go to bed and not try to stay up and watch that debacle.
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:44:43 AM

crunchbird wrote:
What the Penguins have been trying to do is alternate the goalies so neither wears out in the abbreviated schedule. How have your teams been playing it?

Preds have been mostly going with Rinne. The few times they have gone with Chris Mason have not been good. Mason though has been the victim of off nights defensively (as Pekka was last night against the Ducks) and a couple weird calls (Gaustad "playing puck with his hands" against Wild and "not offside" against Avs).
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:41:04 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Unbelievable run for the Blackhawks continues! I know they're going to lose in regulation at some point but what a ride! Detroit on Sunday will be a huge test, I know the Red Wings would absolutely LOVE to put a 1 in the loss column for the Hawks.

Speaking of the Red Wings, I am disappointed in the realignment plan that separates the Hawks and the Wings. I hate the Red Wings but I love playing them several times a year. It would be unfortunate to break up this great Original Six rivalry. Can't we send Columbus to the Eastern Conference instead? No offense Blue Jackets, but you are one of the newer teams in the league.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:40:05 AM

Shop at My Store

[quote=MoonKnight1]Detroit on Sunday will be a huge test, I know the Red Wings would absolutely LOVE to put a 1 in the loss column for the Hawks./quote]

Two hours until the puck drops! I get to watch another game on the tube. Strange time for a hockey game but I will take it. The Hawks need a fast start, can't allow the Wings to get any momentum at home. Hopefully Crawford can play but Emery is more than sufficient as a back-up. Howard for Detroit is a tough nut to crack. I think it will probably be a low scoring game. Chi- 2 Det - 1

Go Hawks, Go!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 9:42:18 AM

Shop at My Store

scotteaves wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
I know god @#$% blackhawks! Lose already! At this point they could 80% of their games now and still make the play offs. My poor wild are just ugh... I can't even talk about it.

Wild deserve it. After Leopold signed Parise and Suter to ridiculous deals and then he turns around and says deals like that are killing hockey? Yeah, you're part of the problem. Not part of the solution. Keep that traitorous Parise, hope he never sniffs the playoffs again. Keep sniffin' Suter's sack there Zachie boy.

Something tells me you don't like Zach Parise that much. Call it a hunch...

Hall Liquidations

scotteaves
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:41:48 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
scotteaves wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

Something tells me you don't like Zach Parise that much. Call it a hunch...

Traitorous little bast@rd that he is.

Re: re-alignment. Not a fan of the proposed re-alignment. I'm right there with you - don't break up a rivalry that's been going on as long as Wings/Hawks.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 6:55:00 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Speaking of the Red Wings, I am disappointed in the realignment plan that separates the Hawks and the Wings. I hate the Red Wings but I love playing them several times a year. It would be unfortunate to break up this great Original Six rivalry. Can't we send Columbus to the Eastern Conference instead? No offense Blue Jackets, but you are one of the newer teams in the league.

I think that one of the new divisions should be made up of the original 6. They can throw Pens or Flyers in there too since they were part of the next 6. Kind of hard to divide 30 into 4, and since I don't see expanded to 32 teams a possibility, realignment is going to be difficult.
scotteaves
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 7:41:46 AM

I don't understand why they need to go to 4 divisions. There's nothing wrong with having 6.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 12:05:41 PM

I would go with 6 divisions as well if it was me. Haven't thought it through too much and goes against my earlier post but here goes taking geography into most consideration:
A
Vancouver
San Jose
Los Angeles
Anaheim
Phoenix

B
Edmonton
Calgary
Colorado
Winnipeg
Minnesota

C
Dallas
Nashville
Tampa Bay
Florida
Carolina

D
St. Louis
Chicago
Detroit
Columbus
Washington

E
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
New Jersey
Rangers
Islanders

F
Buffalo
Toronto
Ottawa
Montreal
Boston
scotteaves
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 1:52:39 PM

Not a bad concept there. Lines up nicely geographically. Too bad the geniuses at the NHL couldn't figure something like that out.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 2:04:19 PM

Shop at My Store

I like it. With the Blackhawks in the same Division as the Capitals I could go see a game now and then.

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 2:55:50 PM

With my lineup I guess A, B, and C would make up the West and D, E, and F would be the East. They could either go with 8 games in division and 4 against every other team or just go back to how it was last year with 6 in division, 4 against teams in other 2 divisions in conference, and 1 against each team from other conference with 3 "extra games" to be played either on a rotating basis with other conference or with "rival" teams. The definition of rival would have to be stretched pretty thin for some teams out there though.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 2:59:44 PM

Or maybe even not have a East/West, the 6 division winners get in and then the next 10 teams with the best record get in. That way, you don't have a Western Conference team sitting at home with a better record than an Eastern conference team that gets in (or East at home better than West). And division winners don't necessarily get home-ice. Best record plays worst. 1-16, 2-15, 3-14, etc. Continue to "reseed" each round with best team playing "worst" remaining team. Don't do like basketball and have set brackets. Teams should be rewarded for having a strong regular season by playing weakest team left. Not that any team in playoffs is weak, look at Kings last year, but I think you get my point.
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:28:17 AM

My Preds are in a slump. Just got swept on the West Coast swing. Twice giving up 5 goals in a game (to Anaheim and Los Angeles). Still can't seem to buy a goal. Preds either need to make a trade or call up some of those prospects they got that are lighting up the scoreboard in Milwaukee and the Junior leagues.

Big day, with this post I am now a sidekick. Guess I should celebrate. Dancing Dancing
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:44:55 AM

Shop at My Store

jbeeman85 wrote:
Big day, with this post I am now a sidekick. Guess I should celebrate. Dancing Dancing

Congratulations, chum! Now, iron that cape!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:16:40 PM

Shop at My Store

Two games in a row against the Avalanche for the Blackhawks. Colorado won the season series last year if I remember correctly.

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:04:48 PM

Blackhawks keep winning and my Predators still can't put the puck in the net. Hope it turns around this weekend with back-to-back home games. Friday against the Oilers then an intriguing one against Minnesota on Saturday. How will the fans at Bridgestone Arena react to Suter's return? I'm curious to find out. They shocked me last year when they welcomed Radulov back with open arms. Then several people booed the, I have no clue how he was popular, Jordin Tootoo a few days ago in his return to Nashville. Who knows? Sports "fans" in my town are weird, they for some reason accept Kenny Britt's crap but basically ran Pacman Jones out of town.
jbeeman85
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 2:20:16 PM

A offensive outburst by my Preds last night, beating the Oilers 6-0. Hopefully they can carry some momentum into the next several games and actually put together a winning streak to get back into the playoff picture.
Speaking of winning streaks the Avalanche put an end to the Blackhawks unbeliebvable poits streak to start the season. Not to worry for Chicago though, they could probably lose out and still not fall out of the top 8.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:21:57 PM

Shop at My Store

Congratulations to the Avalanche. They sure kicked the Hawks collective butts the other night. Chicago seems to have a problem with them, just barely won the game on Wednesday. With luck we won't have to face them in the playoffs.

It was a great run and fun to watch, hopefully some national attention was focused on hockey because of the streak and maybe we got some new fans in addition.

Now, time to focus on the final goal: Lord Stanley's Cup. Obviously, the Blackhawks are a favorite to win the West - although it would not be too surprising to see a flame-out in the playoffs. Plus the Ducks aren't slouches either, very dangerous. (Canucks, Kings, Red Wings, Predators, Wild, etc. also in the mix).

Who wins the East? Devils look great, Brodeur is still top notch. Penguins have superior talent, Boston looks good. Heck, even the Capitals would be scary if they make the playoffs. The Habs are playing as good as anyone in the league, and very under the radar. It would be nice to see a Canadian team in the finals and an Original Six squad as well!

Here's to starting another winning streak!

Hall Liquidations