Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
crunchbird
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 6:57:47 AM

Groups: Member

Best team I've seen in the East this year is the Carolina Hurricanes, of course that was before Cam Ward (goalie) went down with an injury.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 8:29:13 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Here's to starting another winning streak!

Well, I got the streak part right! Two losses in a row? Blackhawks suck!

They dug themselves out of a hole after the first period and almost came back to tie and head to overtime. Oh well, I never thought that they would win them all anyway.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:14:24 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

What a time of year for the Preds to get bit by the injury bug. Hal Gill, Patric Hornqvist, and now Colin Wilson. The last two of which was pretty much all the Preds scoring, which granted is not that much.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 11:17:44 AM

Couldn't believe Saturday night how the fans reacted to Ryan Suter. Usually people wait until the "hated" guy touches the puck. For the first half of the game, they rained boos down on Suter the entire time he was on the ice. If they had a tribute video prepared they shelved it after his first shift. I'm upset at Suter but do miss him. I knew he wasn't going to stay when last year at All-Star break he said he wasn't going to negotiate a contract until after the season was over. Pretty much everyone would have left for the kind of money Minnesota was offering.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:43:41 AM

Preds found some offense last night, beating Dallas 4-0. The game got kind of ugly with several cheap shots and fights. It will be interesting to see if there is any carryover from this game to the next time these two teams play in April.
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:06:29 PM

Well, that crazy realignment plan was approved today. Why it makes sense to have 2 divisions with 7 teams and 2 with 8 teams is beyond me. This will make tie-breaking procedures a major headache as you don't even play teams in your division an equal number of times (5 against some and 4 against others) an uneven number of games within division (you play a team 3 home/2 away, for example) can be seen as unfair. This uneven scheduling is going to cause confusion more so than help. Apparently travel was a major driving point behind realignment, well, it's sure not going to ease my Predators travel any, actually adding about 2,000 miles of travel a year. In my opinion, the 6 division format works better and is much easier to schedule. They could have changed the divisions around just a bit similar to how I did earlier in this thread. But hey, what do I know, I'm just some "uneducated" Southerner trying to talk hockey.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:13:59 PM

Shop at My Store

No good. I understand the need to re-align but there are better plans than what they came up with.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 11:38:42 AM

Predators have been hard to watch theses last few games. They need to make a move to pick up some offense. Whether it's calling up a prospect or making a trade, they need to do something quick. The way they're playing right now they would be lucky to make the playoffs much less win a game in the playoffs.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 5:44:42 PM

Shop at My Store

I know this is last weeks news but did anyone else see that crazy shootout attempt by Ottawa Senators winger Kaspars Daugavins against Tukka Rask of the Boston Bruins?

I've never seen anything like it before, He turned his stick upside down and pressed the puck against the ice with the point. Skated in with it and then tried the spin-o-rama! Brilliant! Even though it didn't work it still looked pretty cool.

Is that disrespectful at all? Will be get the old face-wash fish hook next time they face Boston?

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:52:03 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I know this is last weeks news but did anyone else see that crazy shootout attempt by Ottawa Senators winger Kaspars Daugavins against Tukka Rask of the Boston Bruins?

I've never seen anything like it before, He turned his stick upside down and pressed the puck against the ice with the point. Skated in with it and then tried the spin-o-rama! Brilliant! Even though it didn't work it still looked pretty cool.

Is that disrespectful at all? Will be get the old face-wash fish hook next time they face Boston?

It may be seen as disrespectful since he came into the crease on his spin. I don't see him getting any "payback" since it didn't go in. Now, if he had "iced" the goalie when he stopped, that's asking for a beat down.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:40:37 PM

The Predators have been extremely hard to watch the last few weeks. They cannot seem to score to save their life and their usually strong defense has just about completely vanished.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 10:54:35 AM

Shop at My Store

How about Martin Brodeur's third career goal! That's gotta be a record for goalies.

Blackhawks vs Ducks was a great game even though my boys came out on the losing end. Questionable goal reversal but they were in the lead at the time so you can't blame it on the refs. Rematch next Friday in Chicago!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 11:30:36 AM

Preds win a game in which they gave up two shorthanded goals. This year has had more than its fair share of ups and downs for the Preds, though it has been mostly down this month. No more time to mess around, got to get things going if they want to get into a playoff spot.
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 2:24:01 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
How about Martin Brodeur's third career goal! That's gotta be a record for goalies!

Yes, it is. He was tied with Ron Hextall at 2. I happened to be at the playoff game against Montreal when Marty scored his first. That was wild. Nothing like the weak one last night - he lobbed it right on down to the other end.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 2:36:41 PM

Shop at My Store

scotteaves wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
How about Martin Brodeur's third career goal! That's gotta be a record for goalies!

Yes, it is. He was tied with Ron Hextall at 2. I happened to be at the playoff game against Montreal when Marty scored his first. That was wild. Nothing like the weak one last night - he lobbed it right on down to the other end.

Yeah, last night he got credit for a goal. The one you saw in the playoffs he EARNED. I didn't see that one live, only through replay, and it was nothing but BAD-@$$

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 3:24:53 PM

Chris Mason got one for the Predators a few years ago that was pretty similar to the one Martin got last night.
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 5:06:59 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

jbeeman85 wrote:
Chris Mason got one for the Predators a few years ago that was pretty similar to the one Martin got last night.

That's been the most common type of goalie goal - it may only be Hextall and Marty who have shot it into the opposing net.

crunchbird
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 5:59:36 PM

Groups: Member

A quick check shows that Chris Osgood, Jose Theodore and Evgeni Nabokov have all scored goals on their own shots. I was surprised that 10 different goalies have scored goals, I remember Tom Barasso trying so hard to get one but he never did.
scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2013 8:34:18 AM

crunchbird wrote:
A quick check shows that Chris Osgood, Jose Theodore and Evgeni Nabokov have all scored goals on their own shots. I was surprised that 10 different goalies have scored goals, I remember Tom Barasso trying so hard to get one but he never did.

Now that I think about it, I seem to remember Nabby's was also a power play goal.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 7:10:45 AM

There's a video on you tube of most all the goalie goals. Several were "legit" goals where the goalie actually put it in the net off their own shot.