Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
502 error Options
DaLeah96
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:18:16 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Anyone else having problems with the website today.

I keep losing the conection with CCL and when I try to update prices its hit or miss as to whether or not it even loads.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:25:53 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Have you tried to reset your internet router?

DaLeah96
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:41:52 PM

Shop at My Store

No, but then I'm not having any problems making a connection with any other site or app

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:15:35 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

DaLeah96 wrote:
No, but then I'm not having any problems making a connection with any other site or app

Figured I'd ask. I haven't had any issues today, so thought it might be worth a shot.

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:02:55 PM

Groups: Member

I get it all the time, some days its a real pain others minute later works like perfect.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

icarus201
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:22:25 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Just happened to me when I tried to upload a cover. It was taking an age, even longer than normal for my old Vista machine. I checked the size of the image to make sure it wasn't over 2mb. Eventually the "502 Error" message flashed up. This hasn't happened for a few weeks, but when it does, everything's stop/start.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:15:33 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

It's progressed to a server error message now. I'll give it one more shot before abandoning and getting some food.

DaLeah96
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:36:51 PM

Shop at My Store

Its back again, copied it this time so hopefully someone at CCL can check it:

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

DaLeah96
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:04:39 PM

Shop at My Store

Kind of hoped it might be fixed, or at least a response from CCL by now.

edit: took 10 minutes to post thisWall

DaLeah96
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:13:45 AM

Shop at My Store

And again today!

CCL Are you still there?

icarus201
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:46:40 PM

DaLeah96 wrote:
And again today!

CCL Are you still there?

Ain't nobody home, Dale.

SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 1:01:06 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

A 502 error isn't necessarily on the website's end. Could be any server from you to the website.

I was getting one a while back. It was on my end. First appeared here and then started creeping into other sites. Rebooted my wifi system and haven't had a problem since.

Even if you did get a reply from one of the two CCL employees, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. At least, that's was my experience when reporting my 502s and discussing them with Steve.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:54:17 PM

scotteaves wrote:
Have you tried to reset your internet router?

b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:13:52 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

but still it would be nice to see someone from ccl make a appearance
scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:37:47 PM

b0bafett wrote:

for what? To give the exact same suggestions that other members have given? At least one of the CCL staff is at a Convention this weekend.

It's one or two people who are reporting this. If it was a major issue accessing the site, yeah, then I'd expect a CCL staff member to jump in on the issue.

freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 9:25:44 PM

scotteaves wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

for what? To give the exact same suggestions that other members have given? At least one of the CCL staff is at a Convention this weekend.

It's one or two people who are reporting this. If it was a major issue accessing the site, yeah, then I'd expect a CCL staff member to jump in on the issue.

How exactly do you know it isnt a major issue? Out of all the people who use CCl maybe 10% use this forum, and even then it doesnt mean they are going to report it. I had this issue for more then a month before I saw this post. I just always was busy when it happened so never bothered reporting, plus with lack of updates figured who cares.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

DaLeah96
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:51:25 PM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
A 502 error isn't necessarily on the website's end. Could be any server from you to the website.

I was getting one a while back. It was on my end. First appeared here and then started creeping into other sites. Rebooted my wifi system and haven't had a problem since.

Even if you did get a reply from one of the two CCL employees, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. At least, that's was my experience when reporting my 502s and discussing them with Steve.

Thanks Swift appreciate the input. Wifi's been rebooted here recently. At least someone is willing to give me an idea to work with. Strange though that it's only on this site. And while you say it started creeping into other sites since I have been dealing with this for 10 days only here I remain sceptical about it not being on CCL's end.

scotteaves wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

Sorry Scott, but Swift making a suggestion doesn't get CCL off the hook here. My first comments were 10 days ago, with follow ups two days ago. I wouldn't call a response from CCL at point "jumping in".

Maybe its left over expectations from the early days here, but as B0ba says it would be nice to see someone from CCL make an appearance.
Dylan did you really say something about updates

I miss MrMiracle, Sigh

DaLeah96
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:56:09 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
How exactly do you know it isnt a major issue? Out of all the people who use CCl maybe 10% use this forum, and even then it doesnt mean they are going to report it. I had this issue for more then a month before I saw this post. I just always was busy when it happened so never bothered reporting, plus with lack of updates figured who cares.

Sidenote to dylan, what are updates? I keep hearing about them and seem to remember somethings like that actually happening, but its been a long time.

Like you said I don't think anyone cares anymore.

freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 1:29:00 AM

DaLeah96 wrote:

Sidenote to dylan, what are updates? I keep hearing about them and seem to remember somethings like that actually happening, but its been a long time.

Like you said I don't think anyone cares anymore.

lol

Also want to point out not coming down on Scott, he is a great guy and does tons of work here and has helped me out in the past. However I doubt he has access to the cpanel where someone could check error stats and what not and see if this is just some random occurrence or real problem.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

scotteaves
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:26:08 AM

DaLeah96 wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Thanks Swift appreciate the input. Wifi's been rebooted here recently. At least someone is willing to give me an idea to work with. Strange though that it's only on this site. And while you say it started creeping into other sites since I have been dealing with this for 10 days only here I remain sceptical about it not being on CCL's end.

scotteaves wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

Sorry Scott, but Swift making a suggestion doesn't get CCL off the hook here. My first comments were 10 days ago, with follow ups two days ago. I wouldn't call a response from CCL at point "jumping in".

Maybe its left over expectations from the early days here, but as B0ba says it would be nice to see someone from CCL make an appearance.
Dylan did you really say something about updates

I miss MrMiracle, Sigh

But my suggestion was blown off by you - it was pretty much the same suggestion Swift gave you. Reboot your connectivity hardware.

Sorry, but that has resolved the issue for me EVERY single time I've gotten a 502 error on here in the past unless the entire site is down. For all of you - if there were major outages, it would be bigger than 2 or 3 people reporting it. Dylan, I know it's not a major issue because people are still accessing the site.

But these types of connectivity issues, whether on the members end or on CCL's, are a perfect example of why going to a fully online solution would be another nail in the coffin of CCL.