Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
More Marvel Movie Madness Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 9:18:47 PM

Groups: Member

Two new stories for your consideration:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/is-morris-chestnut-a-contender-to-play-marvels-black-panther

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/could-evil-dead-director-fede-alvarez-be-directing-doctor-strange-for-marvel

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 1:47:57 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The thing that stood out to me most was how it mentioned that Whedon is going to begin production on Avengers 2 at the end of this year.

Man, time sure does fly....!
MER
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 10:41:56 PM

Thundercron wrote:
The thing that stood out to me most was how it mentioned that Whedon is going to begin production on Avengers 2 at the end of this year.

Man, time sure does fly....!

Yea, I probably should've mentioned it when I heard about it. XD However, The SHIELD tv series just finished filming so it's in post production I think.

Bring on Dr Strange! I'd like to see how they deal with him :)

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
DaLeah96
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:15:12 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MER wrote:
Yea, I probably should've mentioned it when I heard about it. XD However, The SHIELD tv series just finished filming so it's in post production I think.

Has ABC confirmed an order for this, Pray last I heard it was just a pilot.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
MER
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 1:14:05 AM

DaLeah96 wrote:
MER wrote:

Has ABC confirmed an order for this, Pray last I heard it was just a pilot.

It's past its pilot and its slanted for Fall. http://abcallaccess.com/show/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/ for more info, and under 'Our Shows->Development' tab it has it listed. It's not on ABC's main site, but I think it's golden.

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 8:16:40 AM

When I saw rumors of these titles I was left scratching my head.

Doctor Strange is not popular enough to have his own movie. I am guessing Marvel (Disney) wants its own Green Lantern bomb.

Black Panther may do ok due to his ethnicity but even then I seriously doubt it will be that big, maybe break even.

What they need to do is make the ones they have been making but do it RIGHT. I mean Hulk was one of the favorites in Avengers right behind Iron Man. Yet they keep making retarded Hulk movies. We have had 3 hulk movies with pretty much 3 different origins.

Or they can get off da butts and do Deadpool, it had so so much buzz when they initially discussed it but then poof nothing. Or do the Silver Surfer, or New Mutants.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

KingZombie
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 8:27:53 AM

freakdylan wrote:

Doctor Strange is not popular enough to have his own movie. I am guessing Marvel (Disney) wants its own Green Lantern bomb.

Black Panther may do ok due to his ethnicity but even then I seriously doubt it will be that big, maybe break even.

What they need to do is make the ones they have been making but do it RIGHT. I mean Hulk was one of the favorites in Avengers right behind Iron Man. Yet they keep making retarded Hulk movies. We have had 3 hulk movies with pretty much 3 different origins.

Or they can get off da butts and do Deadpool, it had so so much buzz when they initially discussed it but then poof nothing. Or do the Silver Surfer, or New Mutants.

Marvel can't do anything with Deadpool, Surfer or mutants because Fox owns the film rights.

Not sure what 3 Hulk movies you mean either, far as I know, there were only 2 unless you count Avengers and they're using the origin from Incredible Hulk.

Blade was also not that popular or well known of a Marvel character and he spawned 2 sequels.
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 9:30:14 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

A mistake that is frequently made is that comic booky people think that a comic book movie won't work unless the comic book character is popular.

Which, of course, makes no sense.

If the movie is good it will be successful. Period.

You could make a friggin' Squirrel Girl movie...and if you get good talent and make a good movie, it'll be a blockbuster
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 9:35:30 AM

Dr Strange: I think he lends to a great movie easily. His origin story would translate very well. Playboy rich doctor get's his commupance in a grisly car accident. Then must go on a journey of discovery into the mountains of tibet, where he meets a creepy old monk that, after some scares, trains him in the mystic arts.

You could even tie in a baddy like Baron Mordo easily and have a climactic battle.

I think Dr. Strange would make an awesome movie.

Black Panther: I have a tougher time seeing this one. T'Challa's history is pretty, for lack of a better phrase, large. Dunno how you would tell that in a movie and make it interesting and good. However, if you just kind of played on the Jungle Vigilante aspect and gave short shriff to the origin, it could be kinda cool. You would have to alter the costume though i think. I keep trying to picture his all black costume in live action and I can't picture it.
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:14:21 AM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:

Shortly after Marvel Studios formed, I read some small blurb about them wanting to develop smaller budgeted movies ($40-50 Million Range) for some of their lesser-known characters (the forever-in-development Iron Fist, for example).

I think that would be a good idea. Part of the problem right now is that Hollywood thinks that every one of these films is supposed to turn out like Iron Man, the Avengers, or the Dark Knight. So they start shoveling hundreds of millions of dollars into productions that ultimately bomb (Green Lantern, for example). Even Thor and Captain America were labeled as disappointments by box-office trackers simply because they didn't make over $100 million in their first weekends. They need to realize that this genre is going to settle out like any other genre, meaning they can be solid money makers with the occasional massive hit.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 2:49:27 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicuniversity wrote:
A mistake that is frequently made is that comic booky people think that a comic book movie won't work unless the comic book character is popular.

You could make a friggin' Squirrel Girl movie...and if you get good talent and make a good movie, it'll be a blockbuster

I have said it before and I will say it again. WE NEED A SQUIRREL GIRL MOVIE!

I can see Zooey Deschanel as the titular character and a Danny DeVito voiced CGI Monkey Joe!

Brilliant!

I'm working up a script as we speak.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Dreadnok01
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:01:28 PM

How have I missed this news?!?! I hadn't even heard that this movie was in the conceptual phase and they're already filming! one article I read says that they are going to have the cast from the original X-men movies along with the "New Class". Opinions?

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/488387-x-men-days-of-future-past-includes-bishop-warpath
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:18:26 PM

Shop at My Store

Dreadnok01 wrote:
How have I missed this news?!?! I hadn't even heard that this movie was in the conceptual phase and they're already filming! one article I read says that they are going to have the cast from the original X-men movies along with the "New Class". Opinions?

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/488387-x-men-days-of-future-past-includes-bishop-warpath

Dude! You didn't know about this??!?! They're taking the cast of the first films and combining them with the cast of First Class. Hit Time Travel Puree and you have a concoction of epic greatness!
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:19:53 PM

KingZombie wrote:

Marvel can't do anything with Deadpool, Surfer or mutants because Fox owns the film rights.

Not sure what 3 Hulk movies you mean either, far as I know, there were only 2 unless you count Avengers and they're using the origin from Incredible Hulk.

Blade was also not that popular or well known of a Marvel character and he spawned 2 sequels.

Was doing some work and 3 was stuck in my head, but meant 2.

Blade was never a financial success but had huge cult following. I am one of those huge fans and cant wait for Blade 4 :)

comicuniversity wrote:

I dont think it has anything to do with the character or how popular he is, as much as how they treat his story. The main problem with super hero movies is some idiot writer decides he wants to add his own spin on something and ruins everything.

Perfect example is 1st hulk and weird retarded origin.
Spiderman shooting webs out of wrist
Dr Doom, too much to list.
etc

The funny thing is these characters for the most part have been around for 20+ years and for some reason some studio exec thinks it needs changing. Sometimes it slides by (spiderman) but in most cases it just ruins the movie and they lose money.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Dreadnok01
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:22:50 PM

Thundercron wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

Dude! You didn't know about this??!?! They're taking the cast of the first films and combining them with the cast of First Class. Hit Time Travel Puree and you have a concoction of epic greatness!

I just found out! Don't know how I missed it, but I'm pretty damn excited for this one!
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:24:51 PM

freakdylan wrote:
KingZombie wrote:

Was doing some work and 3 was stuck in my head, but meant 2.

Blade was never a financial success but had huge cult following. I am one of those huge fans and cant wait for Blade 4 :)

comicuniversity wrote:

I dont think it has anything to do with the character or how popular he is, as much as how they treat his story. The main problem with super hero movies is some idiot writer decides he wants to add his own spin on something and ruins everything.

Perfect example is 1st hulk and weird retarded origin.
Spiderman shooting webs out of wrist
Dr Doom, too much to list.
etc

The funny thing is these characters for the most part have been around for 20+ years and for some reason some studio exec thinks it needs changing. Sometimes it slides by (spiderman) but in most cases it just ruins the movie and they lose money.

You're making my point. NOBODY cares about these things except super diehard comic fans. 90% of the people going to these movies didn't even know that spiderman had webshooters.

All that matters is how good the movie is.....not how slavishly it adheres to comics
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 4:24:21 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I can't say I'm excited. Black Panther isn't the most interesting character in the Marvel Universe. And I'm not a big fan of Doctor Strange.

Both of them can't seem to keep their titles afloat for very long, either. So I can't be the only one that feels this way.

But then again, there's not a lot of "big" characters left for Marvel to use that isn't owned by 20th Century Fox.

I'd personally love to see a Venom film.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:23:57 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
I can't say I'm excited. Black Panther isn't the most interesting character in the Marvel Universe. And I'm not a big fan of Doctor Strange.

Both of them can't seem to keep their titles afloat for very long, either. So I can't be the only one that feels this way.

But then again, there's not a lot of "big" characters left for Marvel to use that isn't owned by 20th Century Fox.

Blade can't keep his own series in print, either, but he's popular enough to spawn three films and a tv show.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:25:54 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Blade can't keep his own series in print, either, but he's popular enough to spawn three films and a tv show.

True enough. But there was a bit of a vampire craze going on at the time, which probably helped a little. Nonetheless, great movies.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Smallville95
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 5:17:52 PM

I heard somewhere that Marvel are getting the movie rights to Daredevil back. I actually enjoyed the oft-hated Affleck one but please Marvel make a BADASS Daredevil movie...he deserves a blockbuster and the origin and certain arcs in the comics would make an awesome movie!

Madness is like gravity...all you need is a little push!