Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Got this in my email today from Microsoft:

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:18:23 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

any rumors that you're aware of?

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:33:53 PM

scotteaves wrote:

I've heard that it's going to use Microsoft Smart Glass.

I've heard that it's simply going to be called "XBox".

I've heard that it's going to require an always online status to be able to play games, even single-player ones.

And I've heard that it won't allow the use of used games.

Shizz
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:33:07 PM

Groups: Member

BurningDoom wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

I've heard that it's going to require an always online status to be able to play games, even single-player ones.

How bout anything good?
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:20:26 PM

Shizz wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

How bout anything good?

I've never used Microsoft Smart Glass, but it's supposed to be an improvement if you're into using smart phone apps while gaming.

And I'm sure it's going to have better graphics and specs. It's been quite a while since the XBox 360 launched.

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:20:48 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Shizz wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

How bout anything good?

Yeah, that's what I meant...

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:26:50 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

These two have been confirmed by Micro$oft.
I have a reliable broad-band connection so #1 is not really an issue for me.
#2 is pretty much a deal breaker for me (and millions of others as well). Unless there's a reversal on the 'no used games' stance, they won't get my $$$$ this time around.

There's also supposed to be a projector built into the new & improved Kinect that will extend the environments of the games beyond the TV screen. It sounds kinda cool, but ultmiately seems like more of a gimmick than anything IMO.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:27:11 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Fortunately there are enough 360 games out there to keep me busy into the next century.

That ban on used games is going to hurt my favorite store, Gamestop, I hope they rot in heck for that.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:32:16 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

CrossbowComics wrote:
Fortunately there are enough 360 games out there to keep me busy into the next century.

That ban on used games is going to hurt my favorite store, Gamestop, I hope they rot in heck for that.

It's going to be a change in culture, not necessarily the death of used (disc based) games. I assume players will simply have to by a "pass" or "key" to play they game, which isn't a bad concept at it's core because it ensures that the game developers make a little bit of profit from the re-selling of their games and hopefully, in turn, this will mean bigger budget games down the line and/or reduced launch prices.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:35:04 PM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

It's going to be a change in culture, not necessarily the death of used (disc based) games. I assume players will simply have to by a "pass" or "key" to play they game, which isn't a bad concept at it's core because it ensures that the game developers make a little bit of profit from the re-selling of their games and hopefully, in turn, this will mean bigger budget games down the line and/or reduced launch prices.

Except most of us can't afford $60 a pop to play every game we want to play. And that's after paying 100s of dollars for the system, and $40 a piece for each controller. Plus another $50 for a hard drive. Used sales are a great solution to that problem.

I don't see why the gaming industry thinks that they are special or something. It's not just that they're implementing this in the new Xbox, but a few months back, many game developers were straight up pointing the finger at consumers and blaming them for slumping video games sales saying it's our fault for buying used. Well, used game sales been around for decades and sales are just recently slumping. Think it might be the fact that there's no originality in big-budget titles anymore? Every game is a sequel to another game, and is often the same freaking game with a new coat of paint.

Besides that, everything else has a used market. Used movies, used books, used comics, used clothes, used furniture, used cars, used music, you name it. You don't see those industries trying to make the consumers out to be villains for buying used.

I don't know, it just seems like the video game industry is greedier than ever. And I know it's a for-profit business, they are in it for the money. But to be in it for the money at the expense of trying to guilt-trip consumers, is pure unadultered greed, IMO.

Since I'm on the subject, I hate the gaming industry nickel-and-diming us for everything, too. Paying for unlockable characters, unlockable costumes, and new multiplayer maps is a freaking joke. Those are things that used to be earned by investing time and effort into a game and unlocking them. Now they want us to pay MORE for it, after we've already given them their money for the game and Microsoft money for the ability to play those games online.

Just to make it clear, if it's a legitimate game expansion with real added gameplay content, then it is worth it. But a costume here, a character there, is just more greed IMO.

The always online thing really irks me, too. I won't have a problem because I live in a city and have a Wi-Fi connection. But what about those people that have unreliable internet? What about people that live in rural areas that still use dial-up or have no internet access? It's just another version of DRM that slaps the hands of legitimate consumers rather than going after the actual pirates doing the damage.

Alright, that's the end of my rant for the moment.

Reggie
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:08:16 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:

Except most of us can't afford $60 a pop to play every game we want to play. And that's after paying 100s of dollars for the system, and $40 a piece for each controller. Plus another $50 for a hard drive. Used sales are a great solution to that problem.

I don't see why the gaming industry thinks that they are special or something. It's not just that they're implementing this in the new Xbox, but a few months back, many game developers were straight up pointing the finger at consumers and blaming them for slumping video games sales saying it's our fault for buying used. Well, used game sales been around for decades and sales are just recently slumping. Think it might be the fact that there's no originality in big-budget titles anymore? Every game is a sequel to another game, and is often the same freaking game with a new coat of paint.

Besides that, everything else has a used market. Used movies, used books, used comics, used clothes, used furniture, used cars, used music, you name it. You don't see those industries trying to make the consumers out to be villains for buying used.

I don't know, it just seems like the video game industry is greedier than ever. And I know it's a for-profit business, they are in it for the money. But to be in it for the money at the expense of trying to guilt-trip consumers, is pure unadultered greed, IMO.

Since I'm on the subject, I hate the gaming industry nickel-and-diming us for everything, too. Paying for unlockable characters, unlockable costumes, and new multiplayer maps is a freaking joke. Those are things that used to earned by investing time and effort into a game and unlocking them. Now they want us to pay MORE for it, after we've already given them their money for the game and Microsoft money for the ability to play those games online.

Just to make it clear, if it's a legitimate game expansion with real added gameplay content, then it is worth it. But a costume here, a character there, is just more greed IMO.

The always online thing really irks me, too. I won't have a problem because I live in a city and have a Wi-Fi connection. But what about those people that have unreliable internet? What about people that live in rural areas that still use dial-up or have no internet access? It's just another version of DRM that slaps the hands of legitimate consumers rather than going after the actual pirates doing the damage.

Alright, that's the end of my rant for the moment.

Applause Well said Nate! I agree 100%!

scotracycowles
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:51:58 PM

I guess Gamefly customers will be passing on this as well; all of their games are used.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:59:20 PM

Shop at My Store

Rant some more!

Actually I'll probably buy the 720 someday, but only when people are ditching them to buy the 1440's and if Gamestop survives that long I'll give them my biz.

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:04:03 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
Rant some more!

Actually I'll probably buy the 720 someday, but only when people are ditching them to buy the 1440's and if Gamestop survives that long I'll give them my biz.

But if you wait that long then you won't be able to play anything because by that time most the games will be used and GameStop will be selling 1440 games new, not Xbox 720 games.

See how messed up this new "no used games" feature is?

fenix1977
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 1:16:31 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

When this "no used games" translates into no new game systems sales...you will see an about face on this. They seem to not be taking into consideration that used game sales are not the problem. They might actually help sales of new games. Personally if a game is part of a series I am more apt to dig up a used copy of the earlier installments of a series. If I like the series enough I will spend the money on a new version of the game..but only after the price has dropped from the $60 price. If they want to know what is hurting them it is the $60 price tag. If you are on a budget that $60 is a lot. That is half of my monthly comic book budget. That is a tank of gas for some people depending on regional gas prices. I can't be the only one that waits for the $20 dollar game of the year versions that you can get at Walmart or Target. I would rather get three games for $20 instead of only one for $60.

Mad Bloggings

CrossbowComics
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 2:15:51 AM

Shop at My Store

fenix1977 wrote:
When this "no used games" translates into no new game systems sales...you will see an about face on this. They seem to not be taking into consideration that used game sales are not the problem. They might actually help sales of new games. Personally if a game is part of a series I am more apt to dig up a used copy of the earlier installments of a series. If I like the series enough I will spend the money on a new version of the game..but only after the price has dropped from the $60 price. If they want to know what is hurting them it is the $60 price tag. If you are on a budget that $60 is a lot. That is half of my monthly comic book budget. That is a tank of gas for some people depending on regional gas prices. I can't be the only one that waits for the $20 dollar game of the year versions that you can get at Walmart or Target. I would rather get three games for $20 instead of only one for $60.

You're not, I've got about 40 xbox games & the most I've paid is $20 for Mass Effect (money well spent I might add). I think the $60 spenders are the teenage boys who need to join their friends online doing the next big thing. That & the X-mas spenders & anyone in general who has money coming out their (banned).

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 8:30:11 AM

BurningDoom wrote:

Those are both deal killers and will make xbox the new wii u bomb!

The last 2 games to release with always online requirements have both had horrible reviews due to outages and major issues. Both of those titles have upset customers so much a majority of players have said they wont buy the next version if it is online again.

No matter how good your internet is, and the vast majority of players dont have the best it will always fail at some point. Not to mention the vast number of problems have been with the companies themselves.

fenix1977 wrote:
When this "no used games" translates into no new game systems sales...you will see an about face on this.

Microsoft has said this isnt reversible, so they will live by the sword and pretty quickly die by the sword.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

fenix1977
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:01:22 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

This is why I stick with my PS3.

Mad Bloggings

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 11:11:43 AM

fenix1977 wrote:
This is why I stick with my PS3.

Yea I am a die hard PS3 fan but have a xbox 360 so kids can play on kinnects dancing games and such. Gives me a break, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

ukblueky
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 11:47:02 AM

Wow, talk about not giving a rats a$$ about your customers. If this is turns out to be accurate (the whole online always and no used games) I will stop with the 360. I'm a huge cheap skate when it comes to buying games. I will wait for either a couple years to go by for the price to go from 60 bucks to 20 or 30 or I'll ask for a certain title as a Christmas gift. I will not shell out that much money on a game just any ol day of the week. 60 bucks is alot of money to spend on a new game that might suck. My wife bought me the last Elder Scrolls game last year as a 10th anniversary gift. Out of the over 50 games I own/owned for the 360 it is the only one that was worth the 60 dollar price tag just because of how huge the game was.