Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:53:10 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Looks like my Preds are just playing out the season not caring how many games they lose. Hard season to watch. On games that defense is on, the offense is off, as seen by two 1-0 losses to Chicago and St. Louis. On nights the offense is actually scoring, the defense doesn't stop anything. Just awful. Looks like I am going to be using my playoff deposit from a month ago to apply to next year's tickets barring an extreme miracle. Sigh Sad
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:45:12 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

jbeeman85 wrote:
Looks like my Preds are just playing out the season not caring how many games they lose. Hard season to watch. On games that defense is on, the offense is off, as seen by two 1-0 losses to Chicago and St. Louis. On nights the offense is actually scoring, the defense doesn't stop anything. Just awful. Looks like I am going to be using my playoff deposit from a month ago to apply to next year's tickets barring an extreme miracle. Sigh Sad

Watching my Devils do the same thing. They have forgotten that to win games the puck needs to go in the OPPOSING team's net. Not their own. Wall

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1:51:59 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Cannot make this up-

Almost fell out of my La-Z-Boy last night when Minnesota Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner passed the puck to the left hand side where it was stolen by Marian Hossa who scored an easy goal. Then I looked at the clock and realized there was only about 4:20 left in the period.

Rolling on the Floor

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 12:09:40 PM

The rough news keeps coming for my Preds with Wilson, Gaustad, and Borque all having surgery officially ending their season. Hopefully this means they all are able to get healthy and ready to go for next season. A silver lining in this bad season is that Filip Forsberg, the guy Preds got from the Caps for Erat, is supposed to be coming to Nashville Sunday and be dressed for the game on Monday. I think it will be good for him to get about 6 games experience in the NHL this season instead of waiting until next year to suit him up.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:14:01 PM

Shop at My Store

Just got back from a long weekend out of town but I did catch the Frozen Four Finals. Did not see Yale crushing Quinippiac.

Matthew Peca sure is a chip off the old block, eh!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:51:08 AM

Well now it's official, the Preds will not make the playoffs. It's been pretty obvious for last few weeks but now it is mathematically impossible. It feels like it's been years since the Preds have won a game. Can't really expect too much though with all the injuries and the high number of rookies playing. Sad Sad Sad
scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:47:14 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

jbeeman85 wrote:
Well now it's official, the Preds will not make the playoffs. It's been pretty obvious for last few weeks but now it is mathematically impossible. It feels like it's been years since the Preds have won a game. Can't really expect too much though with all the injuries and the high number of rookies playing. Sad Sad Sad

I feel your pain. I don't see how the Devils can make the playoffs and they don't have the same level of injuries. They just can't freaking score!

Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:12:49 AM

Groups: Member

Hawks needs two wins to clinch President's Trophy... however, they fell short in Vancouver yesterday and Pittsburgh won, so it's still two wins to clinch!

Go Hawks !!
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:48:19 AM

The Preds finally won a game breaking an 8 game losing streak. Woooooooo. The last 25 games before last night the Preds had gone 6-15-4. Hasn't been this hard to watch the Preds since their first couple of seasons when it was expected for them to lose. People may say that winning the game hurts the Preds chances for the number one pick in the lottery but who cares they're getting a top ten pick anyway. For now, time to celebrate. Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:12:58 AM

Shop at My Store

So for you hockey fans whose teams are not making the playoffs, are you still going to watch? Will you be rooting for a team or against? Or will you just watch to see a good game?

I actually hope the Red Wings make the playoffs, that would put them against the Blackhawks in the first round. An appropriate way to end the Division rivalry since realignment is going to screw it up next year.

I saw that the Devil's coach was ejected for "abuse of Officials". What did he do? Coaches don't get ejected very often as far as I can tell. Wasn't it Ftorek that threw a bench on the ice?

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:42:16 AM

I am going to watch some of the playoff games. Not as many as I would have if the Predators had made it in but I will still tune in. Haven't really made any picks yet as to who I want to see win, I will do that once the seeds are set.

The Devils coach getting thrown out was odd to me. It was under a minute left in a 4-1 game so I don't really see the point in throwing him out. I guess he was just verbally abusing them, I couldn't really tell. I'm sure a Devils fan has some more info into what really happened.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:26:19 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

I actually hope the Red Wings make the playoffs, that would put them against the Blackhawks in the first round. An appropriate way to end the Division rivalry since realignment is going to screw it up next year.

I just hope Detroit don't make the playoffs. That'd be awesome! Haha! I hate them so hard it's not even funny!

One win tonight against Edmonton and we clinch the 1st rank overall !

Go HAWKS!
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:55:19 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
So for you hockey fans whose teams are not making the playoffs, are you still going to watch? Will you be rooting for a team or against? Or will you just watch to see a good game?

Yep, I'll be watching games. And rooting against the Rangers. I've always liked Detroit so I'll be pulling for them to make the playoffs.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I saw that the Devil's coach was ejected for "abuse of Officials". What did he do? Coaches don't get ejected very often as far as I can tell. Wasn't it Ftorek that threw a bench on the ice?

No clue. I still haven't been able to find an answer to that. The ref of that game was the same one who blew a call (or 2) in game 6 of the Cup Finals last year. He blew some calls in this game as well so it's possible that DeBoer finally had enough. I think it was Ftorek that threw the bench. I do remember that.

Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:39:05 AM

That's it!

Blackhawks clinched the President's Trophy!

I just hope we won't look like the Canucks in the playoffs...
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:49:47 PM

Shop at My Store

Kopfschuss wrote:
I just hope Detroit don't make the playoffs. That'd be awesome! Haha! I hate them so hard it's not even funny!

I feel you brother! I'm actually conflicted about it. On the one hand, I would like to see them miss the playoffs for the first time in like a bazillion years, but on the other hand I think it would be cool for the Blackhawks to eliminate them in the playoffs one last time.

Either way it all comes down to Goaltending, Toews and out-skating the opposition.

Go Hawks! Go!

Hall Liquidations

Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:40:53 PM

Detroit are in the playoffs every year since 1989-1990 season.

That's pretty sick!
Nick18313
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:37:29 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Kopfschuss wrote:

I feel you brother! I'm actually conflicted about it. On the one hand, I would like to see them miss the playoffs for the first time in like a bazillion years, but on the other hand I think it would be cool for the Blackhawks to eliminate them in the playoffs one last time.

Either way it all comes down to Goaltending, Toews and out-skating the opposition.

Go Hawks! Go!

Bunch of haters!

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 7:28:36 AM

Shop at My Store

Nick18313 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Kopfschuss wrote:

Go Hawks! Go!

Bunch of haters!

Hey nothing personal, buddy! I actually did say I hoped the Wings would get in. That would be a great first round match-up. And you can't tell me that you aren't rooting against the Hawks, eh?

It's all good, it's sports!

Hall Liquidations

fenix1977
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:07:41 AM

I am just happy that the Leafs are back in the playoffs.

Mad Bloggings

Nick18313
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 7:09:57 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Nick18313 wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Kopfschuss wrote:

Go Hawks! Go!

Bunch of haters!

Hey nothing personal, buddy! I actually did say I hoped the Wings would get in. That would be a great first round match-up. And you can't tell me that you aren't rooting against the Hawks, eh?

It's all good, it's sports!

No worries, didn't take it personally. Actually I don't root against the Blackhawks. Now the Rangers and Bruins, that's another story.

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force