Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 9:37:04 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Kopfschuss wrote:
Yesterday was a good NHL hockey day...

Chicago shutout Minnesota to take a 3-1 lead in the series.

Pittsburgh loss to the Islanders and Ottawa Senators won against Montreal!

Minnesota is running out of goalies!

The Islanders are going crazy! The series is far from over but I expected a 3-1 edge by Pittsburgh after four games.

The Montreal / Ottawa series has been very entertaining so far. In the game the other night I thought they might have to pull people out of the stands and suit them up! One team only had seven skaters left and the other team only had five! Old school hockey.

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 4 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 27th!

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 11:54:53 AM

Groups: Member

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Kopfschuss wrote:
Yesterday was a good NHL hockey day...

Chicago shutout Minnesota to take a 3-1 lead in the series.

Pittsburgh loss to the Islanders and Ottawa Senators won against Montreal!

Minnesota is running out of goalies!

Yeah this is quite bizarre!

Montreal also lost Carey Price yesterday. Hope for the team he's alright, I'm not sure they can win 3 in a row with Budaj between the pipes!
Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 6:59:01 AM

That's it!

Chicago FINALLY makes it to the second round with another easy win yesterday, 5-1! Corey Crawford is showing some skills too. He's so athletic! I trust him!
#12ToGo!!! GO Hawks!!

Montreal also got eliminated by the surprising Sens. They got pummeled yesterday with Budaj between the pipes. My girlfriend is (banned) and don't want to watch hockey anymore this year Sad Poor girl! She's now kind of rooting for the Hawks... Good girl Winking
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 8:30:36 AM

Sorry to all you Hawks fans out there, but I am pulling against them in the second round. That first round against Minnesota I was rooting for the Hawks due to my ill-will towards the Wild with the whole Suter deal. I have just came across so many annoying Chicago fans the last couple of seasons at Predators games (as I mentioned months ago in this forum) that I can't bring myself to want them to get another Cup. That last one after 40 years of not getting one really brought the worst ones out of whatever hole they were hiding in, and I have no doubt it would only get worse if they got another one.

Again, no offense to the Hawks fans on this forum, if I met more respectful Hawks fans like you I wouldn't have any issues with the Blackhawks.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:27:45 AM

Shop at My Store

No offense taken Jeremy! I certainly understand rooting against a team. The only reason I want the Red Wings to beat the Ducks is that I don't want to play Anaheim in the playoffs. The Blackhawks didn't lose many games this year but the Ducks beat them three times. Plus, I want the Hawks to be the team that ends Detroit's season!

I have the same issue as you except my ire is focused on Dallas Cowboy's fans. I guess that's a topic for a different thread...

Hey it's all good, it's sports!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:42:49 AM

I can't believe not a single Western Conference player was nominated for Hart trophy... and I can't f******* believe Jonathan Toews didn't get a nomination.

What a bunch of clowns...
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 10:19:33 AM

Kopfschuss wrote:
I can't believe not a single Western Conference player was nominated for Hart trophy... and I can't f******* believe Jonathan Toews didn't get a nomination.

What a bunch of clowns...

You knew that Crosby and Ovechkin are basically guaranteed MVP nominations as long as they play a few games which really only leaves one spot open. Even though the voters don't have to limit their votes to the three listed (as seen by Pekka Rinne getting a few votes last year), who are we kidding to think that the majority of sports writers aren't all going to vote for the same one or two guys no matter if someone else is more worthy of an award? Same type of thing in the NBA where BronBron got all the votes. I'm not saying that Lebron wasn't worthy of MVP or that Crosby and Ovechkin don't deserve to be nominated, I'm saying that there is a major bias to the superstars that get the endorsement deals when it comes to voting.
Some may say that Toews importance is not as obvious on a stacked team like Chicago, but those same people would also probably not admit that the same should be true for Sid and Ovi.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 11:14:52 AM

Shop at My Store

It's definitely a popularity contest. And the fact that most people can't pronounce Toews makes it tougher for him!Rolling on the Floor

Hall Liquidations
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 1:52:04 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

jbeeman85 wrote:
Sorry to all you Hawks fans out there, but I am pulling against them in the second round. That first round against Minnesota I was rooting for the Hawks due to my ill-will towards the Wild with the whole Suter deal. I have just came across so many annoying Chicago fans the last couple of seasons at Predators games (as I mentioned months ago in this forum) that I can't bring myself to want them to get another Cup. That last one after 40 years of not getting one really brought the worst ones out of whatever hole they were hiding in, and I have no doubt it would only get worse if they got another one.

Again, no offense to the Hawks fans on this forum, if I met more respectful Hawks fans like you I wouldn't have any issues with the Blackhawks.

I was rooting for the Hawks for basically the same reason - except it was because of the other big Wild FA signing. Traitorous little piece of rat crap. I can't even bring myself to type or say his name anymore. He's simply JP's son now...

jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 2:57:20 PM

scotteaves wrote:
Traitorous little piece of rat crap. I can't even bring myself to type or say his name anymore. He's simply JP's son now...

I guess I could start calling Ryan Suter, Bob's son. That man was on the 1980 Miracle on Ice team and also played a season with the short-lived Nashville South Stars. Weird how all those seasons Bob's son was in Nashville, I never heard them mention his dad playing a season on a minor league team in Nashville.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 3:02:29 PM

Shop at My Store

scotteaves wrote:
I was rooting for the Hawks for basically the same reason - except it was because of the other big Wild FA signing. Traitorous little piece of rat crap. I can't even bring myself to type or say his name anymore. He's simply JP's son now...

Does his name rhyme with Pach Zarise?

Hall Liquidations
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 7:48:19 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

Does his name rhyme with Pach Zarise?

Wall Wall Sick

On a side note, I've got about 50 hockey cards of his I'm looking to sell. They're a mix of signed or jersey/memorabilia cards. Any Wild fans out there interested?

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 6:27:08 AM

Shop at My Store

BRING ON THE RED WINGS!!!! YEAAHHHGGGGG!!!!

Blackhawks v Red Wings

Buckle up, boys! It's going to be awesome!

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 7:14:24 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BRING ON THE RED WINGS!!!! YEAAHHHGGGGG!!!!

Blackhawks v Red Wings

Buckle up, boys! It's going to be awesome!

Foe shizzle!

It's gonna be a nice series!

I really hope the Hawks can sweep this team! I know they CAN!

#12MoreToGo!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:13:06 AM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
For the record, here are my first round predictions:

Blackhawks sweep the Wild in 4
Red Wings beat Ducks in 7
Canucks top Sharks in 6
Kings over Blues in 6

Penguins beat Islanders in 5
Canadians win against the Senators in 6
Capitals take the Rangers in 6
Maple Leafs over the Bruins in 7

Guess I should stick with my day job! Tongue Loser

Well, let's try again...

Blackhawks in 5
Kings in 6
Penguins in 6
Boston in 7

Hall Liquidations
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:32:17 AM

Kopfschuss wrote:

Here are my predictions!

Hawks in 5
Ducks in 6
Canucks in 7
Blues in 6

Penguins in 4

Senators in 7
Capitals in 6
Bruins in 6

Chicago will meet Pittsburgh in NHL Finals and take the CUP in 6 !!

GO HAWKS!!

My only 100% accurate prediction is the Hawks. I'm kind of proud!

Other than that, I sucked pretty bad!

Still can't believe Toronto lost in 39 seconds yesterday. I was watching with my girlfriend, she's a Habs fan, so whe was quite happy Toronto was leading 4-2 in the end of the 3rd. But then... wow. She almost cried haha!
Spider-Man
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:44:56 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

Go Bruins!

What a game last night. They need to step up their game. My heart can't take any more games like that. It will be a good seris against the Rangers.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:49:24 AM

There's been several good games so far this postseason. Sucks that my Predators didn't make it but I have actually enjoyed watching the playoffs so far. I love the fact that there have been so many good games. Since I don't have a major rooting interest I am able to enjoy the close ones more. When it's my team involved, I would rather my team be so far out in front that it's boring for fans of other teams, much easier on the blood pressure.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:51:58 AM

Detroit must be proud to have Jimmy Howard between the pipes.

If he wasn't there yesterday, Hawks/Wings game would have been something like 8-1!

He did a great job, but I'm pretty sure we didn't the Detroit's best!

And I'd say I simply love Damien Brunner... what a player! He's awesome!

1-0 Hawks! 11 to go !!
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:11:43 PM

Shop at My Store

Howard did a great job. The biggest mistake he made was trying to play the puck off the side of the net. Probably should have froze it and gotten the whistle.

Save of the night has to go to Seabrook for swatting the puck, mid-air mind you, out of a wide open net. A goal there would have given the Red Wings a boost. Kudos, Brent!

Two whole days before Game 2!? Nooooo!!!!!

Hall Liquidations