Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Iron Man 3 Options
Dreadnok01
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:14:31 PM

Groups: Member

kidlippy wrote:
barney wrote:
I thought it was pretty good. definitely not as good as The Avengers, but still pretty good.
Not too upset about the whole "twist" thing. That can easily be corrected, after all it is the movies.
The after credit scene, although not really necessary it was kinda funny and I think it does help tie things together a little bit.
It felt like a complete different type of movie than the first two. You caould really tell it lacked Favarau's direction.
I think the average moviegoer could enjoy this movie without having to watch the first two (having watched Avengers however might help).
Overall if this makes any sense I think this movie was a better "Movie" than it was a "comic book movie".

I felt the same way. As a comic fan I was disappointed in a few things in the movie but as a movie fan I thought the movie was pretty good. Also agree that IM3 was better then IM2.
As a movie fan, Mandarin was just plain hilarious. Had me laughing for awhile.

This was pretty much how I felt too. It was a fun movie and I laughed at a lot of the interactions between Tony and the kid. When it was over though, I didn't feel like I'd seen a great comic flick. Just a good movie.
Dreadnok01
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:15:49 PM

Why does everyone hate Iron Man 2? It wasn't the best movie ever but I actually enjoyed it. Possibly more than 3, but I might have to watch 3 again to decide for sure.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:41:10 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Dreadnok01 wrote:
Why does everyone hate Iron Man 2? It wasn't the best movie ever but I actually enjoyed it. Possibly more than 3, but I might have to watch 3 again to decide for sure.

I agree. I thought it did the alcoholism story pretty well. And Backlash was a pretty regular villain during that era for Iron Man, so he was a good fit for the story, I thought.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:17:48 AM

so i just returned from seeing this. pretty good. i liked it. i felt it was on par with the 2nd one so no disappointment. i liked the fact that they didn't use the real mandarin i think it would have been to much but i really liked the extermis plot. especially the human bombs plot.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 1:40:11 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

I agree. I thought it did the alcoholism story pretty well. And Backlash was a pretty regular villain during that era for Iron Man, so he was a good fit for the story, I thought.

You thought they did the alcoholism story well? It looked like it was played up more for laughs than anything else, in my opinion (Tony unirnating in his suit? Really?). I thought they blew a chance at doing something different--a serious story about alcoholism, where the alki just happens to be a super hero.

I thought Backlash/Whiplash was a waste. Cool opening sequence, then he spends the rest of the movie sitting behind a computer and tinkering with machines, not doing anything menacing at all. In fact, the whole middle section of the movie is devoid of any tension whatsoever.

Just my thoughts on Iron Man 2. Loved Iron Man 3 way better.
Nate77
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:44:15 AM

Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

You thought they did the alcoholism story well? It looked like it was played up more for laughs than anything else, in my opinion (Tony unirnating in his suit? Really?). I thought they blew a chance at doing something different--a serious story about alcoholism, where the alki just happens to be a super hero.

I thought Backlash/Whiplash was a waste. Cool opening sequence, then he spends the rest of the movie sitting behind a computer and tinkering with machines, not doing anything menacing at all. In fact, the whole middle section of the movie is devoid of any tension whatsoever.

I saw alot in the middle of this movie its showing you that even with all this power and money he's still a human being and for a while there has no control over the fact that he's dieing. He's pretty much written him self off until Fury shows up in the giant Doughnut scene. This is one of the reason's i dig Marvel over DC the hero's with a few exceptions are much more human, and DC the majority of the characters are more God like than anything. Marvel movies take the time to show you both sides of there characters.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:24:00 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Nate77 wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:

I saw alot in the middle of this movie its showing you that even with all this power and money he's still a human being and for a while there has no control over the fact that he's dieing. He's pretty much written him self off until Fury shows up in the giant Doughnut scene. This is one of the reason's i dig Marvel over DC the hero's with a few exceptions are much more human, and DC the majority of the characters are more God like than anything. Marvel movies take the time to show you both sides of there characters.

I think a lot of the humor and comedy did a disservice to what they were trying to do. All three movies have funny moments, but I thought the humor in #2 approached slapstick levels (Happy Hogan screaming and ramming Whiplash with his car repeatedly, with Tony trying to retrieve his suit from the car and not being able to *har har*, plus the previously mentioned party scene with Iron Man). I also was disappointed in Sam Jackson's portrayal of Nick Fury, because he came across as just another Sam Jackson version of a character in a movie. He tends to just play himself in movies quite often. I thought he toned it down a bit in Avengers, and actually tried to portray a character in a movie, and not just himself.